Knottie Tech Help

New Wedding Websites

KnotRileyKnotRiley admin
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited January 2015 in Knottie Tech Help
Hi All!

There's been a lot of confusion surrounding the new wedding websites and I'm very sorry for that, and for the difficulties some of you have been experiencing. 

If you are having difficulties accessing your wedding website, please comment below with the issue you're having and I'll make sure tech gets it ASAP. It's really helpful for our tech team if you can provide as much information as possible (description of the issue, screenshots, browser you're using, device you're on etc.). If you'd rather let me know privately, you're more than welcome to PM me or email me at messageboards@theknot.com.

If you would like to use the new wedding website designs please also let me know below, currently there's no option to update it on your side so I will make sure it happens from our end!

And, as always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thank You!
KR

UPDATE:

As many of you have experienced there are ongoing issues with the wedding websites. I apologize for not getting back to each of you individually but please know that I am continuing to forward your requests to our customer service team. There have been a number of requests they are trying to get through so I am very sorry for the delay. If you need immediate assistance please call: 877-335-5252

Re: New Wedding Websites

• I can't get past the "Pick a Theme" page. It keeps refreshing itself before I can even click on anything. I'm on Chrome on my PC.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi @KnotRiley -

Still having issues on my end.  Yesterday I had access to edit the new website templates so I created one.  Now today I only have access to edit the old website... and both websites exist.  When you google one of our names and find the knot registry site, both websites are able to be accessed. (http://registry.theknot.com/laura-whare-dan-wallmuth-august-2015/1417393 Print screen isn't working; it says too many characters) 

Is there any way to give me access to edit the new template and delete the older website template?  Also, yesterday when I had access to the new templates, I intermittently had the same issue as rockin30ish - not being able to get past the "pick a theme" page using Mozilla as my browser... it just keeps refreshing in a loop and won't let you do anything. 

Thanks,
    Laura  
  • I've entered meal choices on my website several times and saved them, but they're not showing up when I preview.
  • Hi,
    I am unable to access the backend of my website. When clicking on my website tab through the knot, it just brings me to the create a website page and continually reloads every few seconds. I would really like to update my website. Especially to be able to edit the privacy settings as there are been a recent safety concern through my work. If there is anyone else I can contact about the issue that would be great to know as well. 
  • My page has stopped continuously refreshing itself, so now I am able to edit.  Thank you!  I would like the option to use a new wedding website design.
  • My is working fine now too. Thank you Tech!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Awesome!! So glad it's working now @Hdawgrx and @rockin30ish! Let me know if you run into anymore issues.

Hdawgrx-- I'll make sure they update your page for the new option :)
  • selinaweberselinaweber member
    First Comment
    edited January 2015
     I cannot get past the "Pick A Theme" page. it refreshes itself even if I do have a moment to click on anything! I have already spent a good amount of time creating my site, and would love to be able to get back into it! :)
  • My custom URL is not live. Both my fiance and I have sent emails on the issue with no response, so I will try here.

The free URL for my website is live (http://www.theknot.com/us/johanna-nichols-and-timothy-whippen-oct-2015), but when trying to use the custom URL (whippenwedding.com), it states, "The page you were looking for doesn't exist. You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved."

I purchased the custom URL on December 20 (the payment cleared my bank account on December 22), so it's been almost 3 weeks. Can you please tell me when it will be live, or if there is some sort of problem? I do not want to send out Save the Date cards containing a non-functioning website address, so I really need this sorted out.

Thank you!
    Johanna
  • Still having the same problem today - Using mozilla on two different computers.  One computer has access to the old template; one computer has access to the new.  However, the computer with the new template access just gets stuck in a refresh loop and I can't access the editing functions.  This is getting really frustrating. 
  • Hey everyone,

I completely understand how frustrated you all are right now and I'm so sorry you're experiencing these issues. I just want to assure each of you I am relaying all of your messages and information to tech. If you'd like another person to reach out to, please feel free to email customersupport@xogrp.com, but I will continue to chase down tech with all of the issues you're experiencing and relay any updates I receive.

Again, I'm so sorry for these difficulties but please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank You!
    KR
  • I love the new templates and hope to be able to use them - please let me know if there is anything I can do to be able to upgrade. Thanks! 
  • I am unsure if they updated my page so I can use the new template.  I heard I should click "modern" and see an upgrade button, but I still have the same designs and do not see an upgrade.  
  • Hi,

I have been trying to get access to edit my website for the past week, but have not had any luck.

My account is under this address and website is http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Tong-Harlow.  Our wedding is coming up soon, and there are some changes we need to make.  I do not want to use the new templates, and want to keep the old template. 

Your help is greatly appreciated.

When I try to edit the website, instead of allowing me to edit my existing (old) website),  it gives me the following image:
    Inline image 1

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • I sent you a PM regarding my issue
  • @mochalattemama I let tech know you'd like to use the new templates! Your site should be updated shortly

@Hdawgrx I'll check with tech what the status of your site is, they're still working through some people's sites so I'll check and make sure they get to yours if they haven't yet!

@Knottie49883583 Thank you! I've alerted tech of the issue, the image you posted doesn't seem to be showing up on my end but if you have a chance to reupload it that would be great thanks!!

@jljimino31988 I've alerted tech of the issues you're experiencing, they're actively working to make sure everyone's sites are working again so please let me know if you continue to experience any issues later this week. Thanks!!
  • thank you. i noticed to when test searching your registries/database, our wedding date and the edit to my fiance's name didn't update
  • Hello! I would love to have access to the new website design options!  Thank you so much!
  • Hello!  I was able to choose a new design, but none of my information was transferred over from the old to the new website.  Is there a way to get that information (including pictures, etc.) transferred over or do I need to redo the website and add all of the new information.
  • i am unable to edit my website.  When I click 'my website' it takes me to the new layouts and its like I have to create one from scratch. It has created a new website theknot.com/us/cari-and-david.  but I cannot access my original carianddavid.com.  I don't want the new URL I want to stay with the one I paid for. 
  • I am unable to save anything i write ive been needing to update my site everything i write doesnt preview then it all dissappears and i have to start all over again! Its getting extremely annoying, ive been trying for hours now and i feel stuck as ive already put the Web page on my invites!!
  • Dear Tech Support,

My fiance and I really like the new website templates but we're  unable to upgrade to the new format.  We just don't have the option to change the design.This is our website address http://theknot.com/us/tucsonlove

Can you guys please help us switch to the new format.

Thank you guys sooo much!
  • The image I loaded isn't  really an image of anything important.. it's just the new template.  It prompts me to create a new website instead of editing my current one?

I want to send out RSVP cards ASAP.  It's been almost 2 weeks - I understand that there's a lot on your plate; prompt help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • Hi Everyone-- I'm sorry for the delays, currently customer service is helping me with these requests and although you may not get replies from me, everything you send me is getting forwarded to them to work on fixing or updating. If you have any questions please email feedback@theknot.com, I will try to update you all as I can. Thanks!
  • Hello,

The past few days I can't get onto my website to edit it. When I click "My Knot", "My Website" it goes to the "log in" page then one one computer doens't do anything and on another computer just automatically back to the the knot homepage.

Thanks,

Cayla

• Hi there,

I am trying to edit my wedding website but every time I go to do it, the website takes me to the page as if I hadn't started one yet. It will then continuously refresh itself.

Please help 

• I cannot add addresses to my guest list. I have tried on multiple browsers and computers.
  • theknot.com/us/tucsonlove

Dear Tech Support,

We still need help. We want to send out our Save the Dates and we can't get our website fixed! 

Please help!

My fiancee and I really like the new website templates but we're  unable to upgrade to the new format.  We just don't have the option to change the design.This is our website address http://theknot.com/us/tucsonlove

Can you guys please help us switch to the new format.

Thank you guys sooo much!

Neill

neillminish@Hotmail.com

• Hi,

I can't get on my site at all. I am able to search for it and it pops up for people to look at, but under my account when I click on "my website" it prompts me to create one.

Please help!!
    Thanks!
  • I cannot access my old website-the one we gave out to family and friends. I was prompted to create a new one but i want the old one!

HELP!
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards