Nevada-Las Vegas

Las Vegas - Strip Photo Tour w/ Map & Timeline

We're doing a photo tour with our own (non-Vegas) photographer the night before our wedding. We have a limo hired to drive us around. I took a bunch of the photos I like and placed pins on a Google Map. You can view the map here: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zvug_CwDMauA.kjoT8--6dZB0

We've got two hours with our limo, although I can add on another and I'm thinking of doing so. I've created a plan for our tour; has anyone had to plan their own before? If so, is the timing I've listed even possible??

Start End Description Location of Desitnation
9pm 9:10pm Pick up at Tropicana; Drive to Las Vegas Sign South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89119
9:10pm 9:20pm Photos at Sign
9:20pm  9:30pm Drive to Wynn - SOUTH ENTRANCE (Groups, Ballroom) 3200 Holmes St Las Vegas, NV 89109
9:30pm 9:40pm Photos at Waterfall
9:40pm 10:00pm Walk to Venetian; Photos Along the Way

Continue to Mirage; Photos Along the Way
10:00pm
Pick up from Venetian main entrance 3355 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89109
10:10pm
OR Pick up from Mirage main entrance 3400 South Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
10:10pm 10:30pm Drop off at Bellagio main entrance 3600 South Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109

Photos w/ fountains (10pm, 10:15pm, 10:30pm)

Walk to Paris Arc (Photos along way)

Photos at Paris Arc
10:30pm
Pick up at Paris 3655 South Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109
10:40pm
Drop off at Bellagio North Valet  Via Del Nord; off of Flamingo. 
10:40pm 10:55pm Strip view Pictures & return to car
10:55pm
Drive to Aria Main Entrance 3730 South Las Vegas Boulevard Las Vegas, NV 89109

Photos of Aria Waterfall

Walk through Aria to Vdara

Photos on Vdara side

Walk down Stairway to Harmon; toward Las Vegas Blvd; Photo of strip on overpass

Walk through Cosmo
11:30pm
Hail Cab from Cosmo 

Re: Las Vegas - Strip Photo Tour w/ Map & Timeline

• I personally think that is a lot in a short time frame. I thinking depending on day of week and time, the sign will take much longer than 10 minutes. I think you will need much more than 10 minutes at each spot to take photos even if it is not busy. You will need time to find the perfect place, wait for people to move, capture some photos, etc. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What, you mean I can't have it all?? :D

Of course I plan to be flexible. My alternate plan was to use the driver for all the places we need to be actually driven to, then have him drop us off at the Bellagio, from there we can walk & do all the pics of Bellagio, Paris, etc.

Mirage and Aria fountains would be the first to go off of this list...
  • Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There is usually a line at the Vegas sign. I think this is great idea!
  • I don't mean this in a snotty way at all...but I think you are waaaaay overplanning this. Vegas traffic, crowds, etc., are going to make this an impossible timeline to stick to because you have no idea where you'll encounter holdups. 

If I were you, I'd just make a list of "must-have" photos and a separate list of "nice-to-have" ones and give those to your driver, allowing him to choose the best way to get you to those places in the least amount of time. I think you'll get much better results that way and stress everyone out much less.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No offense taken!! I was putting it out there for feedback!

I guess I'm looking at this as a "emergency plan" in case our driver seems clueless or unwilling to help. I can also add on an extra hour of time to give it some breathing room.

At any rate, this is great feedback for both me and others. I'll have to decide which photos are must-haves for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards