Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Looking for a Small Wedding Reception Venue!

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are getting married next September just outside Philly. We currently live in NY and are trying to plan things out.

Since his family is from the West coast, we are having a seperate celebration out there. Our Philly wedding guest list includes only my family and our friends (around 50-60) and we are having the hardest time finding an evening reception area that will do only 50 guests.

We want dinner and an open bar, and maybe a dance floor.

Does anyone have an ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Looking for a Small Wedding Reception Venue!

• Have you checked out Partyspace.com?  They have a ton of unique venue sites and you can search based on event size.  It's how I found my *large* reception site (the ASHM in South Philly), but I remember there being a TON of cute restaurants and different types of spaces available for smaller parties.  If you're open to something super casual I also went to a reception at Yard's Brewery in Philly recently which was laidback and adorable.  It would be great for a reception of that size!
  • We just had 48 guests at Hotel Monaco in Center City.  Was perfect!  Start to finish!
  • If you're looking for a good site in Philly I recommend looking at the American Swedish Historical Museum. It's connected with Jeffrey A. Miller Catering on partyspace.com. It's a gorgeous venue with a lot of outdoor space (and tent included) or they just renovated the inside if you want to be indoors. It's unique and the interior atrium is perfect for a smaller wedding. I'm having mine there next October!
  • Check out the Colonial Dames in Philadelphia.

Very pretty and I believe holds smaller numbers. 
  • I got married at the Elmwood Park Zoo.  I loved it http://www.elmwoodparkzoo.org/facility-rentals.php
  • I am getting married at The Washington at Historic Yellow Springs -  http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-washington-at-historic-yellow-springs-chester-springs/8e4f8d7f7dd92da0.html

It's historic and relaxed and a little bit rustic, so charming! I fell in love the first time I went there. You are basically paying to rent the building and the beautiful grounds, and then hire your own caterer - so it would be a matter of finding a caterer to do an event for your number of guests, which definitely can be found in the area. 
  • You should check out The Racquet Club of Philadelphia. I'm having my wedding there this May. It's a very versatile venue- I'll have 200 people but it easily works for smaller groups without feeling too big. The best part is that if you're thinking about using them, they'll give you a free tasting dinner with the caterer so that you know you're getting good food. They can do everything you requested- dinner, dancing, and open bar (you provide the alcohol and they serve it, then give you leftovers at the end...a great cost saver!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards