Getting in Shape

How are those New Years resolutions coming along?

I'm down 5 lbs. But, I must also add that I gained 5 lbs. from Thanksgiving - New Year. Soo... I'm back to square one, which is comfortable, but I've always wanted to be just a little bit thinner, fitter, stronger, etc. And I'm getting married this October in a gorgeous strapless dress, so it's all the more reason to get moving.

Getting back on track with working out and dieting hasn't been fun or easy. It sucks. I hate salads. I love being lazy. But I know that after I eat a salad for lunch and snack on some trail mix later in the day, followed by a healthy and lean dinner (when otherwise I'd be doing sandwich for lunch, sweets in the afternoon, and heavy dinner)... it's progress. Getting myself to the gym and feeling like a million bucks after... it's progress. I'm not going to get to the way I want to look by eating junk and sitting on the couch... even though that's what I want to do all the time, everyday. Just can't happen.

Still, losing a little weight has been exciting and I'm proud of myself in this small step. I'd love to hear how you all are doing so far. (feel free to vent about how bad you want mac and cheese)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How are those New Years resolutions coming along?

• I don't do resolutions as such, but I know that I have to drop a few pounds before my May wedding if I want my chest not to try to escape out the top of my dress, so I did put myself on a diet after Christmas and I'm not enjoying it. Unfortunately, for me it's very much vanity weight (essentially taking myself from a 19-point-something BMI to an 18-point-something one) so I have to be super strict with it to see any progress. I've done it before but it's not an easily-maintained weight for me, so knowing what's ahead of me just makes me more irritated, I think, lol.

I bought a bunch of vitamins yesterday, though, so I'm hoping that's going to help with my crabbiness about the whole thing. I can't tell if it's because I'm hungry or because of the lack of sun this time of year...so I'm hoping a bunch of vitamin D and B-complex is going to improve things regardless.

I'm not that concerned with changing my exercise habits, so it's just a matter of counting every calorie for me for the next couple months. Sigh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I struggle with weight because of a thryroid problem. My body seems very content being at a certain weight thats about 15lbs above what would be my 'ideal'. Work my butt off to lose the weight at a slower than average pace, but be lazy for a couple weeks and it just comes flying back on.

So resolution this year is more on body acceptance rather than weight lose. Exercising for the sake of health and fitness, not for a number on the scale.

Also my FI and I have resolved to get outside more during winter months, at least one 5km walk each weekend. (hard to do during the week as its dark at 430 here). Its going well so far, we even managed to get our walk in when it was -37C last weekend. Bundled up and went on well treed trails (out of the wind)
  • Last week I was supposed to start but got bogged down with paperwork (I work myself) so ended up going to the gym only once. Yesterday was the same and today I have to go out of town for work for the day, and have been working on a PowerPoint presentation all morning. Just haven't had the time yet.
  • My goal is to lose 20 lbs and some inches off of my waist and hips by June. I've been using My Fitness Pal every day and I joined the Y for its exercise class. This is my second week going and I've been going to 5 classes a week. Mostly its Zumbo, Cardio Funk (pop/hip hop zumba), and pilates. I'm hoping to start seeing a difference by the end of the month if I keep up the effort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards