Michigan-Detroit

Venue Help!

I am recently engaged and starting to check out Venues for our June 2016 Wedding. I'm starting to understand why it gets stressful to plan a wedding!

Looking for a reasonably priced Venue that would be mostly outdoors, with an indoor hall (for back up in case of bad weather), Allows for outside catering (and alcohol if possible), for 200+ guests. I would prefer to provide any extras that would usually come with the hall. Basically just looking for a place to have the wedding and reception. We are located near Lapeer (East of Flint) area and are not looking to travel more than an hour. Not really looking for a rustic theme, more of a garden, classic outdoorsy setting.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :) 

Re: Venue Help!

• I am also recently engaged and live in Burton.  I don't have any advice just yet but perhaps we can both update as we find anything or someone else could help.   I'm looking for a similar ven
  • Not sure how far SHelby Twp is for you, but definitely check out Packard Proving Grounds.
    Beautiful, reasonable priced and you can bring in any vendors you want.
  • I am recently engaged and starting to check out Venues for our June 2016 Wedding. I'm starting to understand why it gets stressful to plan a wedding!

Looking for a reasonably priced Venue that would be mostly outdoors, with an indoor hall (for back up in case of bad weather), Allows for outside catering (and alcohol if possible), for 200+ guests. I would prefer to provide any extras that would usually come with the hall. Basically just looking for a place to have the wedding and reception. We are located near Lapeer (East of Flint) area and are not looking to travel more than an hour. Not really looking for a rustic theme, more of a garden, classic outdoorsy setting.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :) 
    Price range?
  • edited January 2015

I would like to update that we went with the Lake Nepessing Boat Club in Lapeer! :) It's pretty being right on the lake and knowing we can decorate however we chose and provide our own catering and alcohol. It's everything we wanted and are going to put our deposit down tomorrow!

• Not sure the distance for you, but Packard Proving Grounds in Shelby Twp is gorgeous and would probably be exactly what you are looking for.
  • We checked in to the proving grounds as it was definitely "different" and what we like, however I tried to reach out to them multiple times with no response. So we went with a different venue which is ok, because we love it! :) 
  • I'm getting married at the boat club too!!! @soontobemrs2016

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am planning a July 16 wedding, and just went with Bay Pointe in W. Bloomfield. I was looking for the same kind of venue you were - Bay Pointe is on a lake, has a nice deck, and our reception will be indoors (I don't trust MI summer weather, and forget that stress!) while our ceremony will be right on the lake, and space for indoor in case of said MI stormy summer weather!

You should all check out Bay Pointe, we looked at several other venues, however you get SO MUCH MORE for your money here!

• How much is Bay Pointe pp?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards