Ohio-Cleveland

Are you thinking of having a July 2016 wedding in Cleveland?

Head up brides, thinking of a July 2016 wedding, take note that the Republican Convention will be in town from Monday July 18 thru Thursday July 21st. Rumor has it all hotel rooms in Cleveland (I'm assuming the downtown area) have already been booked. I wouldn't be surprised if they are booked for the weekend prior (for set up & people arriving) and then even the weekend after. You may want to take this into consideration if you were planning to have a ceremony and/or reception in the downtown area. Also, you may want to book your transportation early, good companies may get booked up for the convention.

Re: Are you thinking of having a July 2016 wedding in Cleveland?

• Great advice. It's far enough out that if my date were the weekend before or after I'd strongly consider moving it but that's just me. Hell, I work downtown and I'm considering going on vacation that week just to avoid the chaos. :)
  • @mlg78, I don't blame you for thinking of taking vacation that week. On the news this morning they were already announcing that they expect all the parking garages around the gund to be closed to the general public & to be used for all those attending the convention. On another board that I posted this information, a person posted that the limo company that her husband drives for is already booked solid for that week along and that they will probably be hiring more drivers just for that week to fill all the different times they need drivers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards