North Carolina

Location Location!!

I know our wedding isn't until 2017, but I'm trying to convince my fiance that it's good to get things set up sooner than later. We have a total wedding budget of $4,000 (My motivation was this couple: http://www.projectwedding.com/ideas/134644/wedding-under-4-000). We're not sure where to have our wedding and reception. We want to save as much money as possible, so we don't mind having both outside. We would like to have in Asheville, but are willing to go to Hendersonville as a last resort. Any recommendations are welcome!

Re: Location Location!!

• City/state parks have been the cheapest locations I've seen. There are some gazebos and pavilions in that area where you could reserve one for relatively cheap. Prices that I've seen have ranged from $75-$500 for state/local parks, you just have reserve early and actually be sure that the one you want is in fact reserve-able (some aren't).

There are also some that can't be reserved, and are free to use, but you have to have someone get up really early to nab the spot and hold it for you. So it's a little riskier.
  • I agree. I'm an Asheville native and I work in the event business. Most locations start at $3000, and that is just for the space. There are some great parks in Asheville and Hendersonville, but I don't know if they will let you book that far ahead. What about a nice church with a reception hall? Another option, if you have a lot of people coming from out of town, is to reserve all the rooms at a small inn or B&B, with guests paying for their own rooms, and then they will usually allow you use of the common areas for wedding/reception. Try the Asheville B&B Association. You could rent a big house through VRBO, but you might get into trouble with the owner or the neighbors if you end up having a large party there without their knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards