June 2015 Weddings

June 13th 2015 wedding and no dress

So I am getting married in less than 6 months and I still do not have a dress. My wedding is outside and low key, however I have tried on tons of dresses and haven't found "the one". I feel like at this point i will be getting married in my jammies (lol). Any one else down to the wire with finding a dress?

Re: June 13th 2015 wedding and no dress

• Don't worry! Mine is June 21st and I just bought my dress today. You still have time! Have you been to many stores? Tried on different styles?
  • check out etsy. They have really nice summer dresses for like half the price of the stores. that is what I did!

• Have you tried BHLDN, Macy's, JCrew? Or maybe even bridesmaid dresses if you're looking for something low key and inexpensive.

• I have looked everywhere. Nothing is really giving me that feeling of this is my wedding dress, just another pretty/cute/ comfy dress I'd wear any other summer day. I am sure once I stumble upon it, and at this point that's how I am sure it will happen, I will know that it is the dress I want to get married in or I will just pull out a sun dress from my closet and wear that lol. Thanks for the reassurance and suggestions :)
  • I know it might sound crazy! But I bought my dress off Etsy! I got It this month and it's beautiful. I just told her exactly what I wanted (I couldn't choose between two dresses) and that is what I got. My dress fits perfect too! Maybe try there
  • My wedding is June 13th as well and I just got my dress this week. It was actually my second dress, I bought one in December 2013. I just didn't love it and it wasn't the most flattering for my body type. I went in for my first fitting/alterations appointment, had a little bit of a breakdown and ended up walking out having ordered another dress. When you know, you know, and I'm sure it'll work out!
  • Thank you ladies. I have been looking on the dresswe.com and they have some beautiful dresses ranging form modern to vintage formal to casual. I think part of my issue is that my wedding day is very casual, we are going for more of a family reunion vibe than a wedding, weddings (to me) come off as stuffy and the bride and groom rarely get to enjoy themselves with all of the things they HAVE to do. I want to enjoy the day that is supposed to celebrate my fiance and I, I want to be comfortable, yet still feel like a bride, I think I found a dress on the site i mentioned. I am ordering it this week. I'll keep you all posted on when it arrives. Thank you for your support and encouraging words
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards