Not Engaged Yet

Can I hang here?

Hi!

I mostly hang on TB (well, that and proboards now since bangate 2015).

I have a lovely 3 year old daughter, and I am waiting for my divorce to be final (hopefully that will be in the next few months).  I lurked a bunch here way back in 2006 when I was first engaged to my STBXH, but never joined in the fun.

I have a new SO, and we have started to talk about getting engaged (as soon as my divorce is final, of course-- which is so awkward, but I guess life can be messy.)

So hi-- anyone in a similar boat?  Ask me anything!

Re: Can I hang here?

• I guess not-haha.
  • Hi! Sorry to hear about the divorce! How long have you been seeing your bf? and umm... favorites? Cheese? I like muenster. and cheddar. and monteray jack. All cheese except stinky cheese really.
  • Welcome! @Helenahhandbasket
    I'm a newbie here with a lot on my background tough.
    But hey!Hi there!
    I'm not in a similar boat at all,but I hope this
    time around you join the fun and enjoy all the process again.
    You can see around there is support and helpful ideas.

And I will pop a question too.
    How you like your steak?

• My brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law also had to wait a bit because his divorce wasn't final yet. It is what it is!

Is your username a Friends reference? :)
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    My brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law also had to wait a bit because his divorce wasn't final yet. It is what it is!

Is your username a Friends reference? :)
    Yes, it is!
  • marylab said:
    Welcome! @Helenahhandbasket
    I'm a newbie here with a lot on my background tough.
    But hey!Hi there!
    I'm not in a similar boat at all,but I hope this
    time around you join the fun and enjoy all the process again.
    You can see around there is support and helpful ideas.

And I will pop a question too.
    How you like your steak?

I don't eat any.  Hope I can still stay!
  • edited January 2015
    lilacck28 said:
    Hi! Sorry to hear about the divorce! How long have you been seeing your bf? and umm... favorites? Cheese? I like muenster. and cheddar. and monteray jack. All cheese except stinky cheese really.

Oh, no it's for the best really.

We've ony been together 5 months, which I know sounds crazy, but we are both mid-late 30s, so time seems to operate differently now--haha.

I like all of the cheeses-- the stinkier the better.  I guess if I had to pick a fave though it would be feta.

• @Helenahhandbasket I will gladly eat yours too.
    I like some good old beef,with a little blood too.
    And a nice blue cheese sauce.But I am meat person.
    And as a greek I thump up your feta choice,we actually had greek ''horiatiki'' salad
    yesterday and I still crave it.

I'll try again,where are you from?

• Welcome! Love the Friends reference!

Favorite vacation? Dream vacation? 

Is your daughter a threenager?  
  • Welcome to the board! From what I understand bangate was incredibly intense! 

Questions:
    Whats your favorite clothing store? 
    Do you have pets? 
    Do you have a favorite alcoholic beverage?
    Have you taken any cool vacations lately?

I cannot say I've been in your situation, but I know that this board is incredibly supportive of members who are going through tough times. They are also incredibly honest, and will not blow smoke up your butt or validate ideas that they disagree with.

Hope you stick around! 
  • marylab said:
    @Helenahhandbasket I will gladly eat yours too.
    I like some good old beef,with a little blood too.
    And a nice blue cheese sauce.But I am meat person.
    And as a greek I thump up your feta choice,we actually had greek ''horiatiki'' salad
    yesterday and I still crave it.

I'll try again,where are you from?
    Native NYer.  I work in NYC and live in a suburb of.

Thanks!

Honestly, as unsophisticated as this will sound-- I had the time of my life in Vegas.

My DD's a little sassy, but she's generally a very good girl.  We're only 4 days into her actually being 3 though, so I will report back in about 6 months- haha.

Thanks!

Honestly, as unsophisticated as this will sound-- I had the time of my life in Vegas.

My DD's a little sassy, but she's generally a very good girl.  We're only 4 days into her actually being 3 though, so I will report back in about 6 months- haha.

Haha my niece turned three in December; definitely sassy.   
  • edited January 2015
    Welcome to the board! From what I understand bangate was incredibly intense! 

Questions:
    Whats your favorite clothing store? 
    Do you have pets? 
    Do you have a favorite alcoholic beverage?
    Have you taken any cool vacations lately?

I cannot say I've been in your situation, but I know that this board is incredibly supportive of members who are going through tough times. They are also incredibly honest, and will not blow smoke up your butt or validate ideas that they disagree with.

Hope you stick around! 

Thanks!  I am not looking for smoke to be blown up my butt (not that there's anything wrong with that!)  I realize my situation is a bit unorthodox, so I understand any side eye I may get.

Now, to answer your questions:

1) Right now, I can't get enough Banana Republic, but I will literally shop any and everywhere.  I work in the fashion industry, so I refer to my shopping habbits as "research".

2) I have a 4 year old mini schnauzer named Norma Jean.  Aside from DD, she is the light of my life.

3) Probably white wine-- Chardonnay most specifically.

4) Unfortunately no.  I don't have anything planned for the forseeable future-- my schedule is rough and funds are tight (single mom + HCOL area).  Maybe a short weekend trip this spring to the wineries for my birthday.

• We will need pictures of the furbaby and your daughter being cute together. 
  • @speakeasy14- I don't think I have any good ones of them being cute together-- neither the child nor the pooch can sit still long enough alone typically, but here's my DD and my DFB (dearfurbaby). 

View Full Size Image

View Full Size Image

• Welcome! What do you do in fashion? I am 'technically' in fashion, however I work on the LP side of things lol.
  • Welcome! What do you do in fashion? I am 'technically' in fashion, however I work on the LP side of things lol.

Thanks @teddygirl9

I work for a footwear manufacturer -- on the sales side.

• And do you own a zillion pairs of shoes? That is like my dream
  • And do you own a zillion pairs of shoes? That is like my dream
    Two zillion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards