Nevada-Las Vegas

Outside Ceremony in August

edited January 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Never been to Vegas. My garden ceremony is booked for sunset and I'm comfortable with that. But I was just wondering, is it too hot for an afternoon wedding in August? Maybe between 12-2pm.

Re: Outside Ceremony in August

• Personally, I wouldn't want to ask my guests to sit outside in August at noon unless they were in swimsuits at the pool. Everyone tolerates heat a bit differently so what I can stand might be unbearable for one of my guests, you know?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eee. It's going to be pretty hot.
  • edited January 2015
    What's the avg temp around that time of year? I live on the East Coast.
  • Average temp is high 90's low 100's. I wouldn't want to be outside at noon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I always wear a suit or tux to a wedding, unless it's on a beach and I have 100% reassurance that it's super casual; I would hate being outside in dress clothes in Vegas in August.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Unless you schedule your outdoor wedding for 9 or 10pm in August, it's too hot. As a local, the only bearable time of day during those summer months is long AFTER the sun has gone down. Sunset doesn't really do much to improve the temperatures - it will still be hot at that time. I would absolutely hate to sit outside in formal wear for any extended amount of time.... I wouldn't even consider it between the hours of 12-2pm. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    Unless you schedule your outdoor wedding for 9 or 10pm in August, it's too hot. As a local, the only bearable time of day during those summer months is long AFTER the sun has gone down. Sunset doesn't really do much to improve the temperatures - it will still be hot at that time. I would absolutely hate to sit outside in formal wear for any extended amount of time.... I wouldn't even consider it between the hours of 12-2pm. 
    I have to agree with tcnoble, also being a local, August is normally the hottest time of the year here. Having a ceremony in the middle of the day can cause not just sweating problems, but also maybe some health issues for your guests who are not use to this type of heat.
  • Oh wow, my coordinator told me the temps should be best around 7 (their latest offering). Like I said, I've never been so it was a blind decision on my part. I hope it's not too hot that evening. For my guests sake. Ugh! One more thing to worry about.
  • Oh wow, my coordinator told me the temps should be best around 7 (their latest offering). Like I said, I've never been so it was a blind decision on my part. I hope it's not too hot that evening. For my guests sake. Ugh! One more thing to worry about.
    It might be slightly more comfortable at 7... at least the sun won't be blaring down. The temperature may still be quite high, just without the added effect of the sun. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    Oh wow, my coordinator told me the temps should be best around 7 (their latest offering). Like I said, I've never been so it was a blind decision on my part. I hope it's not too hot that evening. For my guests sake. Ugh! One more thing to worry about.
    It might be slightly more comfortable at 7... at least the sun won't be blaring down. The temperature may still be quite high, just without the added effect of the sun. 
    Truth. The sun won't be direct, but it will still be pretty hot. The concrete around the Strip soaks up the heat and keeps it like an oven even during sunset.

Is there any possible way you can either move the ceremony inside or arrange for some type of shading with fans?
  • edited January 2015
    I chose my venue (Juno Garden at Caesars) mainly because of the garden area. I think it's so beautiful, so I probably won't change into a chapel. I wish there was an 8pm slot, but we have the latest. However, I will definitely look into accommodations for the guests. Maybe bottles of water and pretty little fans. Hopefully the ceremony won't last long.
  • Don't worry about it, I choose that venue for the same reason it's so pretty and I'd never be able to get married anywhere like that outside in Scotland. Ive been a few times in July so I knew what to expect. I got married in July at 3pm and there was also a heatwave in July 2013 but I woundn't change a thing. Whilst we were in Vegas I did very briefly consider asking to move indoors and the chapel did look much nicer in reality but really I would not have been happy and I could have been anywhere indoors. For me it had to be outdoors and the ceremony is only 10 mins.
  • I chose my venue (Juno Garden at Caesars) mainly because of the garden area. I think it's so beautiful, so I probably won't change into a chapel. I wish there was an 8pm slot, but we have the latest. However, I will definitely look into accommodations for the guests. Maybe bottles of water and pretty little fans. Hopefully the ceremony won't last long.
    I think that might be okay since it's pretty secluded and full of greenery. The fans and water bottles are a great idea. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards