Not Engaged Yet

Thursday, but it's my FRIDAY!

Today is my Friday!  I am off work tomorrow, but I have some labwork and ultrasounds scheduled at the surgeon's office so I don't know if that really counts as a day "off".  I guess since I don't have to go in to work it'll count.

What's going on with everyone?  It is snowing/raining here.  I really wish I had a window so I could watch the rain and snow, but right now I'm working in a little crowded room in a warehouse at a long folding table.  Supposedly our new office space will be ready "soon", whenever that is.

Re: Thursday, but it's my FRIDAY!

• @CocoBellaF - Good luck with your doctors' appointments tomorrow. I hope it all goes smoothly. 

• Agggghhhh you stole it!

• edited January 2015
    Sorry, @LaPeanut1018!! 

Today has been a weird morning for me.  The outfit I had picked out looked ridiculous, so I changed.  I put on my overcoat and grabbed all my stuff (a jam-packed laptop bag, huge purse, lunch bag with my breakfast shake stuffed in it, and a cup of coffee) and then spilled the coffee all down myself.  I was already a couple minutes behind.   Thankfully it only got on my coat, so I put the stuff in my car, got a new coat, and was on my way to work.  Then I couldn't find my badge and forgot my umbrella!  I did find my badge, but I had to wrap a scarf around my head so I wouldn't get rained/snowed on.

I did manage to make it in by 6:55, so that's not bad.

Congrats @Swazzle!!  That is such a good day!  I hope the raise was a lot since it's been a long time coming!

ETA:  Tomorrow will just be labwork and ultrasounds and whatever tests they plan on doing.  Next Friday (1-30) will be the Big Day for me.  We'll do the FNAB and find out what it's made of, and if I need to have surgery or not.  But thank you for the good luck, I'll hold on to it until next week.
  • @Swazzle Congratulations on the raise!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 years is WAY too long to go without!

• Congrats @swazzle on your raise! What an awesome way to start the day.

Nothing special going on today. Tonight is The Taste Finale and there is a stupid girl on there who should have been eliminated way back at the beginning. Oh well she won't win. 
  • @Swazzle‌ CONGRATS! That's so exciting! It was definitely overdue.

Not a thing today. I'm still getting over my combo cold/fever and I have a late shift tonight - I already called out Tuesday from this. Ugh. If I'm lucky the store will be dead and I can relax. In other news, my mom registered the both of us for a wedding open house at a golf club. Mom. I'm not getting married for at least THREE YEARS. Oh well, at least there might be food. /shrug
  • Goooooood morning

@Swazzle - Congrats on the raise!! That's awesome news!

@LaPeanut1018 - That's how my parents started removing the wallpaper in their front hall ages ago...one little tug and it was a free for all. Their currently doing the same thing in the downstairs bathroom, although it's taking forever. Every time I go over I pull off a bit more lol

Today started badly. Actually, I feel like this morning is just an extension of last night. I had a stressful conversation with a friend and then I went to bed annoyed with FI last night (he wasn't over, and we weren't going to argue over the phone). That was all after walking around the mall for 2 hours trying to find something to wear to my shower on Saturday; I was wearing boots that definitely were NOT made for walking, and my feet still hurt :( Anyways, this morning I had planned on coming into work early because work has been piling up thanks to an incompetent co-worker, and I was out most of the day yesterday so nothing got done. I somehow managed to turn off my alarm instead of snoozing, and woke up an hour and a half later than I meant to...which was 15 minutes AFTER I'm normally supposed to leave for work! So I had to race around getting ready and managed to get out the door in less than 30 minutes, so I was only about half an hour late. I also realized that I do NOT have regular cat food like I thought I did, so I had to give kitty just dry food for breakfast. That's all he gets if I'm away over the weekend, but I feel like a bad mommy.

I'm thinking I will just close my office door and hopefully be left alone to get a ton of stuff done today. I need to leave on time, so I'll have to work through lunch, but if my evening plans don't get totally shot then I think I'm going to get my nails done tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 - I hope today starts to get a little better for you!!  And definitely try to get your nails done...  it always makes me feel better to have freshly manicured nails.  You know, at least SOMETHING is going right when your nails look good!  Speaking of which, I need to apply another coat of polish to mine tonight.
  • Has anyone hear heard of "No Mo Stache"?  I ordered some and they are fantastic!!  You just hold the strips between your hands for a few seconds, apply, pull off, and VOILA.  It is so much easier and cleaner than trying to use traditional wax.  I am loving it.  H has huge eyebrows so I am thinking about trying to use them on him, too.  We'll see if he goes along with it.  ;)
  • @lmcooper86 & @cocobellaF I hope your day gets better!

@lapeanut1018 That definitely explains why you've had so many septic issues, but yay for it being replaced and no longer having to worry about it!! Also, I think those colors would look awesome for the kitchen.  If you want to remove the wallpaper faster definitely do the vinegar water solution. 

@swazzle That is an awesome start to the day! Congrats on the raise!! I can't believe they made you wait 7 years for one.

lmcooper86 did you find something to wear to the shower?  If not, just use Rent the Runway, so you don't have to hurt your feet anymore.  And I hate when there's extra work because one person cannot handle it; hopefully your day isn't too stressful. 

Coffee and oranges will be my friends today. I was up most of the night because Callie got sick again.  She was fine all day, so I have no idea what is going on.  She woke me up at 1:00 and had diarrhea, at least this time she was able to make it to the back door so it wasn't all over my room.  After I finished cleaning we went back to bed, and she woke me up at 5:00 and the same thing happened.  When I left for work she was eating and drinking normally and even was playing with my sister's dog.  I'm trying to get an appointment with the vet, and so far haven't had any luck. 

• @cocobellaF enjoy your day off tomorrow I hope everything goes well with the doctor

@swazzle Yay for a raise! I miss listening to the Elvis Duran show. I'm usually listening to my ipod and the channel doesn't come in quite clear for me, for some reason....

@lapeanut1018 I'm glad the septic stuff is all fixed now.  I hate wallpaper it is evil.  The paint colors for the kitchen sound really pretty! Can't wait to see the final product.

I had rehearsal last night, lots of tap dancing my feet are sore but it was fun.  Dancing is the one thing, that makes me realize I'm getting older and it sucks.  Work has been really slow this week, it's driving me crazy.  On Sunday H bought a 65 inch ultra HD TV, he installed it last night.  Not in the entertainment room where it will actually be but in the living room for now.  We are still waiting on word about our couch, we were told when we ordered it, because it was a special order it would take 16 weeks, about 2 weeks ago we called to get a status.  This has been going on for 2 weeks now, we still have no status, they said they called in December saying it would be delayed but we never got a call, we are working to try to get updates from managers and such about it and haven't had much luck.  I just want our damn couch, we were going to host a superbowl party but now probably not. 

Anniversary

• Peaseblossom55 If you download I heart radio you can play Z100 from anywhere, and I think the Elvis Duran show has their own station. 
  • Not much going on here. A little overwhelmed at work as we're short staffed; we have a bunch of new hires but they're not 100% trained yet so at least an end is insight.  My house is a wreck, so I have to spend some time tidying it up tonight. 

Anniversary
  • @speakeasy14 - Coffee and oranges?  I don't get it!  And your poor fur-baby!

I just remembered that I had the funniest dream last night.  I dreamed that I was at JCPenney's with my mom, but it was a department store/grocery store.  We were shopping and I put my stuff on top of a rack of clothes while we shopped.  There were a couple of guys that were standing around like they wanted to look at where I was, so I tried to pile all my stuff into a shopping cart and off the clothing rack.  It seemed like these 2 guys followed me all over the store!  Towards the end, I was going towards a free coffee bar with red velvet cupcakes (lol) but they beat me to it, so I just kept walking and rejoined my mom.  At that point, she told me that it was Joseph Gordon-Levitt following me because he wanted to hang out but he was too shy to ask.  She said he'd been by her school (she works at a junior high) and mentioned he wanted to hang out with me!  By then it was too late and we didn't get to hang out.  I told H, so now he's teasing me about my new "boyfriend".  It was a totally platonic "hang out", too, because I remember in my dream that he had just got married to a really smart NASA engineer and I was excited to hang out with them.  Crazy dream!!
  • @cocobellaf Coffee for the caffeine, and oranges for the citrus energy. 
  • @cocobellaF I hope everything goes well with the doctor

@swazzle Yay for a raise! What are you going to do with the extra money?  Anything exciting or just paying bills?

@lapeanut1018 I'm glad the septic stuff is all fixed now.  I hate wallpaper...it was a beast in my kitchen.

@Speakeasy14 - I'm sorry to hear about Callie! Could she have gotten into something when you weren't home?

@lmcooper86 - I'm sorry your day is off to such a bad start. 

@ourladyofpotato - Seriously? Your mom's a little cray-cray  :)

@Peaseblossom55 - Wow a 65 inch!  That is huge.

-----------------------------------

Today is work, work, work.  I plan to do an Intense Interval gym class tonight as well.  No real other plans.  This weekend can't come soon enough though...I could not sleep to save my life last night.  I was up for hours after H fell asleep.  No idea why.

• @minskat30 @speakeasy14 Compared to the wallpaper we removed in our guest bathroom this wallpaper has been a dream so far! The backing is still stuck to the wall but I should be able to soak or steam it off fairly easily. I hate our wallpaper so much, I'm glad I finally forced myself to get started because now I have to follow through and get the whole project done. Wallpaper is seriously the devil!

I'm looking at getting some new track lighting for our kitchen too. We currently have just a long fluorescent light in the main food prep area. I really like this one but a couple of the reviewers say it isn't as bright as they'd like it to be so I may have to do a little more research.

• @minskat30 I got home around 5:30 and she was sitting next to me pretty much all night (she's always attached to my side).  I let her out around 10 and then we went to bed. The lid for the garbage pail is missing so she could have gotten into something when I wasn't looking. If that's what happened, it must have taken awhile for her to digest since she was fine until she woke up at 1. The fact that she was playing and behaving completely normal this morning is making me think she got into something.
  • @LaPeanut1018 - Is that the only light in the kitchen?  I really like that light but I could see how it might not be bright enough without the right bulbs.  What kind of bulbs were the reviewers using (or didn't they say)?
  • Aww, I'm sure she will be alright @Speakeasy14 but I know how stressed you must feel.  With our dog eating all the bones in a chicken recently, I was seriously freaked out (I took a 1/2 day of work to watch him...my co-workers thought I was nuts).
  • @lapeanut1018 When we started removing the wallpaper, I burned myself with the steamer.  That's when we learned about the vinegar because I demanded an alternate solution.  I'm a klutz though, so I was bound to find a way to get hurt.  

I had looked at that exact track light when I was looking for lights for the house.  It was too large for our kitchen, but I really liked it. I think it depends on the bulb.  Fluorescent lights are really harsh, so I can see anyone switching from fluorescent to regular bulbs complaining that it isn't as bright as they would like. And the energy efficient bulbs are bright, but often take awhile to get to their brightest. 
  • @lapeanut1018 I love that track lighting.  the condo I own has that in the kitchen it was really nice!

@minskat30 65 inches is huge, we did smaller gifts for Xmas so that was part of Xmas for us.  It's pretty nice.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

@speakeasy14 I've never tried a steamer but I got really burned out on trying all the different removal solutions (water/vinegar, water/detergent, chemical solvents, etc.) when we were taking down wallpaper in our bathroom. We were never able to get the glue 100% removed so we ended up sanding as best we could and then painting over everything with Killz. So for the moment I'm hooked on trying out a steamer first - although I am sure I'll end up burning myself too!!

@minskat30 and speak We have a long fluorescent light in the food prep area, and then we have an overhead light in the dinette section of the kitchen so it certainly wouldn't be the only light. I don't know if the reviewers mentioned bulbs or not. I know the track light comes with halogen bulbs, and I'd probably want to switch those out for LED so they aren't a huge energy suck.

• Thanks SOOOOOO much everyone!!!

• @Swazzle I forgot about the phone taps those were the best!

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - So exciting!!! 
  • @CocoBellaF Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow! I hope everything goes well. Let us know if you need anything!

@Swazzle Congrats!!!! That's awesome! Hooray for Cancers!

@LaPeanut1018 Holy productive day, Batman! I'm glad the septic system is finally fixed, and I hope the rest of the wallpaper peels right off without issue. 

@lmcooper86 Oh wow, I'm so sorry you've had such a bad night/morning. Your day can only improve from here, right? <3

@speakeasy14 Aw, poor Callie. I really hope you're able to get her into the vet ASAP.

It's raining and snowing here, which made the commute to work oh so fun. I never take the highways because they're always backed up and are all tolls, but even the backroads were crazy today. I passed a 4-car pileup on my way in... crazy! It took me an hour to drive 10 miles. Gotta love Texas in the winter.

Not too much to report here. It looks to be another slooooooow day at work, and we have a big internal all-staff meeting scheduled from 1-3. Joy. 

Last night when I got home I saw that Loft was having a 50% off everything flash sale... so I bought a TON of stuff. I also bought a bunch of new workout stuff from Old Navy because they had a 30% off sale, and I had a gift card from Christmas. I think the most exciting thing though is I got two bras from Gap for about $14 each on sale... I would have gotten a few more, but I've never tried their bras before and don't know if I'll like them. But still... a $14 bra? Inconceivable!

It's supposed to continue raining all day and night, so tonight I'll do PiYo and just veg on the couch. 

Two of  my coworkers are working from home today due to the weather and crazy traffic, and neither can get VPN to work. They keep calling me and another coworker and having us run into their offices to check their computers... and now my phone's ringing again. Hope you all have a great Thursday! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards