Not Engaged Yet

Thursday, but it's my FRIDAY!

2»

Re: Thursday, but it's my FRIDAY!

• @Swazzle - I don't know if it's different for you, but in OK even if you pay down to the 20% you have to keep the mortgage insurance for 5 years.  You might want to check into that just in case. 
  • @swazzle that's awesome that they're backdating to October! 

So I called home and Callie is doing better. She's actually running around like a nut because we have a dusting of snow and she loves the snow.  The vet booked an appointment for Tuesday because they said it didn't sound urgent and she needs her yearly check up anyway.  
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015

@CocoBellaF - I feel like I really want a treat. I rarely get my nails done, I usually do them myself, but my cuticles need some attention and I am an using the shower on Saturday as an excuse. I'm thinking about trying shellac, I've never had it done before.

@speakeasy14 and @Swazzle - I did, I ended up getting a dress from Zara, which I cannot find on their website to link! It's a short sleeved black and white dress; I didn't really want to wear white, there's something that really grates on me about being told I "have to" or "should" wear white to my shower...I'm grownup, I think I can dress myself appropriately! But I was getting desperate, and it didn't look awful, so whatever.

@Swazzle - I like everything on our registry, so I'm excited to receive any presents, but there's a really cool stone cheese board from Crate and Barrel that I'm hoping someone bought! To be honest, I'm more curious about who bought the effing cat apron that FI put on our registry as a joke; it's been showing as 'completed' for months, and it's driving me crazy! I assumed it was my mom or my sister, but they both deny it! I am trying very hard to exercise self control and not stalk my registries to see what's been purchased lol

@LaPeanut1018 - I like that light fixture, I would be super eager to get rid of fluorescent!

@eilis1228 - Fingers crossed! Glad you got a good haul from Loft and Old Navy; I'm jealous!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited January 2015

@lmcooper86 have fun at your shower this weekend. I was sick for mine but it was still fun.

@eilis1228 work is super slow for me too.  It sucks. Is it 5 yet?

Anniversary

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    @speakeasy14 and @Swazzle - I forgot that I took a picture to get my sister's opinion. It wouldn't let me add it to my last post, but I've attached it here. ETA: OR not. Whatever TK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @TwoDimes Have fun at the rodeo! You don't sound like a redneck...just an Iowegan lol!

@Peaseblossom55 I'm seeing more pictures of this fixture in people/s homes and I'm really liking it. I think I'm going to go with it and just find the right LED bulbs for it that have the brightest, warmest light. Between that and an overhead light in the dinette hopefully there will be enough light. Plus I can always add more under the counter lighting.

• @TwoDimes Admit, Iowegan is just more fun to say than Iowan anyway!

• So last night I got my feelings hurt super bad. Like, bad enough that I momentarily considered taking a break from my relationship. And then I woke up at 3 this morning still upset and couldn't sleep. And then I got mad at him again about last night when he was trying to leave for work.

Fast forward to now...... I realized that going off my pill must be making me have crazy PMS, because I got mad over absolutely nothing. And I'm trying to text my BF and apologize. God damn, I hate hormones.

Plus I'm fucking exhausted. I just want to sleeeeep.

• @leapeanut1018 I love that track lighting, H wants to install that in our entertainment room at some point.  H still wants to add lighting under the cabinets in our kitchen but the wiring and all will get really complicated.  I told H I don't care and don't need it, although I love the look.

Anniversary

• @lmcooper86 I like it! It looks cute and comfortable.  I agree with you on the having to wear white to every function ideology. I just don't get it.  My sister's shower was a surprise so I bought her a dress in her favorite color.  She loves that dress so much and wears it all the time.  If I bought her a white dress I can guarantee she'd never wear it. 
  • @peaseblossom55 Ugh, I know. Slow work days (especially back to back ones) are the worst. I got so bored yesterday I started posting on Wedding Bee! lol!

@TwoDimes SO MUCH STUFF! And now I'm on Ann Taylor putting a cart together... hopefully they have a big flash sale soon too. I got three pairs of THESE pants (yay for machine washable work pants!), THESE shorts that I've been eyeing for a few weeks (couldn't decide if they were cute or not for a while), a few different colors in their utility blouses, a few different colors in camis, THIS blouse, THIS shell, and a few other tops. I really wanted to get the color block dress that @cocobellaf posted a few days ago, but it's not available in petite sizes. Ann Taylor/Loft is so bad for my bank account! Have fun at the rodeo this weekend! I've never been to one, but I hear they're a lot of fun.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - I got the dress in an XS because I didn't find a petite and it fits just fine, so you might be okay to try it!
  • @eilis1228 I love what you got.  I love the Loft because of their petite sizes too.

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF I may have to go to the store to try it on. I'm worried it will end up being too long. They usually bring out petite versions of everything they carry, so I'm holding out hope they'll eventually bring it out. Did you do PiYo yesterday? What's your favorite PiYo workout?

@peaseblossom55 Thank you! They have the best petite section of any store in my opinion. 

• eilis1228  I just got an email that Ann Taylor factory is having a huge blow out clearance sale. And Ann Taylor online is having an extra 60% clearance. Both stores are bad for my bank account too; usually petite doesn't fit me right but I can actually wear petite from AT/Loft.  I love those tops, and adore those shorts you got.  Unfortunately my booty doesn't like scalloped shorts or I would have bought them too.  I bought a pair of wine colored dress pants, and I think they are my new favorite work pants. 
  • eilis1228, I am loving the ultra calming line from Dermologica.  I haven't had any kind of rash or breakout.  I bought the trial kit since I didn't know how I would react, and am going to get full size bottles once these run out.   Prior to Dermologica I used Philosophy and never had any issues with their skin stuff either. 
  • @eilis1228 there is a loft outlet store about half an hour from me, I love it there, and the petite section is pretty big too!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 - Yesterday was my off day.  Today is Sweat (I like that one!) and tomorrow is Strength Intervals.  That will be a new one for me.  H has done it and it's a little more cardio-oriented.  I'd also like to get in a short run tomorrow before my work out, like 2 miles plus warm up and cool down.  I really love Lower Body because I feel so stretched out and good afterwards.  Did you do it yesterday? 
  • Lucky! My SO always has fridays off (his only real day off), which sucks because I only get Sat/Suns off. But, since I worked this past weekend, I'm going to take next friday off (I literally just went and asked my boss, and it is now confirmed) so we will have that time together.

The weather here is NICE. For january. It's 9c (48F), but windy as fuck. Driving to work I was swerving all over the place.

• @speakeasy14 I don't normally wear shorts at all. I'm super pale and a little bow legged, plus I always have a patch of eczema on one of my legs... but I figure it's time to get over my insecurities. I LOVE philosophy's products. Once I run out of their cleanser and moisturizer, I'll look into that Dermologica line. I'm always on the lookout for good skin care products for sensitive skin. Thanks for the recommendation!

@peaseblossom55 I really need to hit up my local outlet mall... I just hate shopping in person. 

@cocobellaf I did the Upper Body one yesterday, and it was OK... I thought it was a little too short of a workout to be all that effective. I loved the Lower Body one! I could immediately tell it was effective because I had to have FI foam roll me afterwards. I have Sweat today too-- I'm looking forward to it! Let me know what you think of Strength Intervals... I don't start that for a couple of weeks, but it sounds like a good upper body workout.

• @eilis1228 - On LB or UB days, sometimes I'll do both LB + UB for a longer work out.  Some other girls in my work out group do the same thing.  It's only like 41 or 42 minutes if you do them both combined.
  • @eilis1228 I prefer shopping in person most times, because things can fit me so strangely.

Anniversary

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @CocoBellaF That's a good idea. The leg workout was OK on its own, but the UB felt way too short. I may combine or tack on some upper body pilates workouts from YouTube on those days. 

@peaseblossom55 I get annoyed with crowds and lines in stores, but I think I've ODed on retail stores after working in retail for 7 years. Clothes usually fit me strangely too, so I inevitably have to go in and return a lot of the stuff I order. lol. Plus in person you get the instant gratification of having the items you buy, so I can see why you prefer going to the stores.  

ETA: HOLY BALLS I am bored at work today. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards