Chit Chat
Options

Not feeling well, and can't miss work....

I feel like death on a stick today.  I was up all night with a fever, chest congestion and terrible cough.  I also have a "crick" in my neck and I'm at work.  Our operating system has been down for 6 days, and is now back up so I have a pile of paper to sort through and phone calls to make and I feel terrible and I don't want to be here.  I have 1 day of PTO left until my days start over at the end of March, so I can't exactly take off today. Sorry I just had to whine for a minute.

Re: Not feeling well, and can't miss work....

• Options
    :( I'm sorry. You should be home in bed! (but you know that). Hot tea and vitamin powder. I hope you feel better fast. 
  • Options
    Ugh. Why this country doesn't have federally mandated paid sick leave is beyond me.

Feel better soon!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Yuck! I wish companies were more understanding with sick days. Better to have someone out  so they can get better faster and don't share germs. I'm so unproductive when I don't feel well. I hope you feel better soon! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I don't feel better by lunch I'm going to have to go home.  I can't work when I feel this way.  We actually have PTO hours, and technically I have 10 hours, so if I left after lunch I would only have to take 2 hours from that and it would leave me a full day to use in case I needed to.  I don't understand why we can't have mandated sick leave either... it's ridiculous. I'm literally sitting here almost in tears because I feel so terrible, and I have to deal with the public so that makes things worse.  Urgh.........
  • Options
    Hope you feel better!  Only one more day until the weekend!

• Options
    I hope you feel better soon. Definitely take the afternoon off. It sounds like you need the sleep and peace.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I got a hold of some Mucinex Fast Max Severe Cold (what a name) and I think I can make it through the afternoon.....But as soon as I get home..... my bed and I have a date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards