Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Good thank you for shower hostess??

I'm very lucky that a friend from work is having a shower for me this weekend with work friends!  What is an appropriate and genuine way to thank her for this?  She is also making our wedding cake!  It just seems kind of over-the-top sweet.  (My bridesmaids are having another shower for everyone so this one is really a bonus.)  Any ideas on how to convey my appreciation?! 

Re: Good thank you for shower hostess??

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oooh, that is really sweet!  she really is going above and beyond for you, especially since she is not in your BP.  i would consider giving her something small, flowers or bath goodies the day of the shower.  afterwards, i would probably take her out to lunch!  what a great friend!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is really nice. My work shower is tomorrow but one of my best friends is from work and a BM so it works out well.  I would said a thank you note to her after the shower and maybe a small gift or take her out to lunch!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What an awesome friend! She's really going above and beyond for you.

I actually just got back from the mall on my lunchbreak and stopped in Bath & Body Works and picked up shower poofs (loofahs) and shower gels, and a few other body care accessories and had them wrap them up for the hostess gifts since my shower is on Saturday. I'll include a thank you card saying "Thank you so much for hosting my shower, now I hope you can enjoy yours". I got the idea from another knottie a while back and thought it was too cute. I think maybe a bottle of wine or a lunch date would be great too. Your friend sounds awesome and deserves a great thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards