Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Fun and Different wedding venues (e.g., a bowling alley)

It's been 3757 days since I was married but I spent a lot of time on this site planning my wedding 11+ years ago. Now, it's my sister's turn to plan her wedding and I could not be more excited for her. She has asked me for help. They are open to wild and fun suggestions for wedding venues. Her fiancé said, "how about a bowling alley and all the guests come in 70's dress?" They're fun! Any suggestions for where we should start?

Re: Fun and Different wedding venues (e.g., a bowling alley)

• Depending on how many people, there's a small bowling alley on Concord in South St. Paul called Mattie's Lanes that has a banquet room
  • There are tons of sites that fit that description - Fun Zone over on the West Side of the cities...  In Oakdale there's PINZ...  A lot depends on the size of event they plan to have!  Bryant Lake Bowl might be another idea... 

Good luck! 

• I loved Pinstripes when I visited there.  It's right on Centennial Lakes, with a patio, private bowling room with leather couches, tvs, etc.  It is quite expensive, but beautiful!  It's in Edina by Southdale.
  • I love Elsie's in NE Minneapolis, but I can think of a lot of other places too depending on how big they need it to be.  Is this for the ceremony and/or reception location?  Around how big is their group?
  • Chanhassen Dinner Theater is a unique venue. One can get married in one of their theater rooms up on stage with cool lighting and decorations. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards