Wedding Party

WP +1

I have an odd situation with my (four) BMs...two of them are in long-term, very serious relationships, and obviously I planned from the very begining on inviting their boyfriends to the wedding, rehearsal dinner, etc...all the wedding-related events. But then one of the girls in a relationship emailed me last week saying the BMs had all rented a house for the wedding weekend (which very obviously only sleeps four single people), and that the four girls are all planning on driving down together.

Should I say something? I guess at this point they've made arrangements that mean the fellows won't be attending in the end (they already put down a deposit on the rental house before I found out, the two single BMs are specifically flying into DC where the two attached BMs live so all four can drive down to VA wedding together in one car). But I feel terrible that I might have given the impression the boys weren't welcome and want to clear that up if I did so.

Should I say something now, in case there's something they can do about travel/lodging arrangements? Should I wait and just include the guys' names on the invitations (my wedding's in August '12, so formal invitations won't go out until the end of May)?

Re: WP +1

• I'm sure you're close enough to these girls that if you just simply asked them to make sure they knew SOs were welcome, it wouldn't be a problem. I would say something casual like, "Are the guys driving down at a later time? Or did you decide to make this a girls' weekend?" That conveys that they were welcome.

And of course, do write SOs' names on the invitations.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would just say, "That sounds like fun! And I just want to give you a heads-up that you're each welcome to bring your boyfriend/a date."

I wouldn't sweat it too much. I've booked hotel rooms and rental houses with friends and we've always fit more people than the capacity actually calls for. We usually rent one double-bed hotel room for six of us, and then we draw straws to see which couple gets the air mattress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wp-1-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:af6185ea-2c79-410c-9d5c-d7c9598316edPost:23318822-e372-4d5c-b0e3-e1ae3adf76e4">Re: WP +1</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure you're close enough to these girls that if you just simply asked them to make sure they knew SOs were welcome, it wouldn't be a problem. I would say something casual like, "Are the guys driving down at a later time? Or did you decide to make this a girls' weekend?" That conveys that they were welcome. And of course, do write SOs' names on the invitations.
    Posted by Ali092011[/QUOTE]

<div>This!</div>
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards