Not Engaged Yet

Monday

Morning! 

We're getting two to three feet of snow between today and tomorrow. BLEH. My company booked a bunch of rooms at the hotel across the street so most likely, we'll all get trashed at the bar and show up late for work tomorrow LOL 

How's the weather where you are?

Re: Monday

• We've got flurries here, but because I live in Maryland everyone is freaking out about them. I'll go into work today, but it'll be super slow since people here don't drive in this weather. I'm debating weather or not to tell my employees to stay home today.
  • It's snowing lightly here, but we're going to get missed.

I work the late shift today - 2 days of work and then Florida/Disney!!!  I can't wait to get out of this cold!!!  Is it bad I'm already hoping that the returning flight gets canceled and we have to stay down there an extra day or two??

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - I hope your flight is cancelled while you're away too! Enjoy the warm weather!

• We are looking at some great weather until Thursday!!  72 today, and 75 tomorrow and Wednesday.  This weekend might be chilly and rainy or snowy, but I am taking advantage of the next few days.  So glad we're not getting any of that blizzard crap that you all are getting up North!!

I've been up since 5 AM... had to get in my PiYo Buns workout this morning, because I've got a massage scheduled for right after work.  My legs are still burning and wobbly feeling, but I am glad I got that out of the way.  I'm about to start my second cup of coffee...  I will need a little extra help to get through the rest of today.
  • @Swazzle and I'm hoping the storm misses you guys so you can make it to your nice home and spend time cuddle time with your 4-legged-kids.

@MsSparky - Good luck with the weather!  I vote let your employees work from home today, they'll appreciate it (as long as they get stuff done).

Anniversary
  • No snow here. There was some snow North of us in the county next door but it didn't reach us. It's a bit too warm. It's ugly and rainy though.

Today should be crazy at work. We had a bunch of changes happen over the weekend to our company code so I'm going to be busy organizing all of those changes. Fun stuff...

We had a great weekend though. Friday I went to my friend's going away party and I got to catch up with some high school friends who I haven't seen since then. It was fun.

Saturday I made my new wreath and I like it but it's not my favorite. Then we met up with DH's dad and stepmom for his brother's concert. His Dad has always been extremely nice and welcoming to us but his stepmom is really so hard to deal with and so is her daughter. Both of them are so awkward and unwelcoming. I just would rather not even go if they are there. 

Sunday we basically lounged around all day. We decided not to run our race because I wasn't feeling very well that morning which is a huge bummer because we were really looking forward to it. It's all my fault : ( Then we went over to @LaPeanut1018's house for dinner and it was NOMS!
  • @CocoBellaF - Jealous of your weather!

@southernpeach89 - Pics of your wreath?

• @dignity100 enjoy Disney and the warmer weather.
    @swazzle it sucks you will have to stay in hotels but at least you don't have to worry about driving.

It's already snowing here and yup like @swazzle said expecting a lot of snow here.  I am already working from home today which is nice.  No rehearsal tonight either and probably not again until Thursday.  I just hope I can be productive while working from home today.

Anniversary

• There were flurries here when I woke up but it's mostly clearly off now. I don't know if we're going to see snow this week, I think it's just supposed to be freezing cold.

I had a great weekend but it was super busy and I'm exhausted!

Friday night FI and I had free passes for a wedding show so we went to that and I was able to chat with a few vendors we still need. As we were walking down the last aisle before we left we found a Barbados tourism booth, which was awesome because that's where we're going on our HM! So they gave us a bunch of stuff and we have an email address for one of the girls if we have questions or want recommendation. So we lucked out there!

Saturday was the shower that FMIL and FSIL organized. There were like 30 people there, it was crazy. It was a good time though, they put together an amazing brunch and I got to meet a couple of family members who've missed events that I've been at. I get very uncomfortable when I know that everyone in the room is watching me, so opening presents was not the most fun thing in the world...but my sister and 2 of my BMs were there which was nice. I'm sort of shocked at how many presents we got, a bunch of people who couldn't make it sent gifts and there are a lot of very generous people on that side of the family; I was sort of overwhelmed and am extremely grateful for what everyone did for us.

I spent the rest of Saturday afternoon re-packing gifts and drinking champagne (HA! Can't just leave an open bottle!) and then FI and I went to see Blackhat. Which was a complete waste of time and money because it was AWFUL. So painful.

Sunday FMIL and I drove her mom back home (she stayed a couple days around the shower) and then went to Buffalo to pick up our china from Macy's. Everything went fine, everything was there, we paid the taxes when we came back home, but it was a lot of driving. It's about 2 hours each way, and we spent a bit of time at the mall before we drove home. We didn't get home until 5, and I was just exhausted. My stomach was feeling off yesterday and I just wanted to crawl into bed when we got back.

I knocked out about half of my thank you notes last night (I didn't go to church with FI) and I'm going to finish those tonight and put them in the mail tomorrow morning. So basically my whole weekend was wedding-related. And I want to take a nap now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I wish I was near @cocobellaf because I am bugging out about this snow! I just do not want to shovel or lose power. We lost power for 4 days from the bad storm 2 years ago and I don't want to go through that again. The snow should start around noon here, so too late for an early release day....just a bad commute home. Thankfully, we went to the market yesterday. Hopefully I can come back later and see everyone else's updates!
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Stay warm and snuggle up for the next couple days!

@lmcooper86 - I'm so glad you had such a nice shower! What's your favorite gift(s)?

@500days - Drive safely! I hope you don't lose power. 

• @lmcooper86 did you find out who got you the apron? Glad you had a great time at your shower!

Anniversary

• @lmcooper86 - I'm with @Swazzle, what are some of your favorite gifts you've received so far?

@500days - Be safe driving!
  • @twodimes Her H grilled some yummy steak and my mom brought over twice baked potatoes. We had salad and veggies with it too! 

Then I made Oreo pudding poke cake for dessert. It was NOMS!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    @TwoDimes - How exciting! Is this your first time dress shopping? 

ETF: who I was responding to. Duh Monday brain.

• I'm starting to feel a little bit better about the commute. My phone said the snow would start at 11am, but I just checked and it now says 2pm. I should be good! I'm curious, has it started snowing in NYC @swazzle ?
  • @swazzle that is awesome of your company to put all of you in hotel rooms so you don't have to drive in the snow!   

@dignity100 enjoy Disney!! 

southernpeach89 your H's stepfamily sounds a lot like the woman my dad married and her kids.  We don't see them that often, but it is always an awkward and uncomfortable visit. 

CocoBellaF I am so jealous of your weather!! Send some sunshine this way!!

MsSparky I say let them stay home, so then you can go home.

Also, in the snowstorm area.  There was already a dusting when I left this morning, so it should be fun when I leave work. I honestly have no idea how much we're expected to get because we fall between two areas, but there will be at least a foot, most likely more.  I'll take this over ice any day though.

I do have to say that I love finally having a car with all wheel drive.  Other than when my tires were bald, I haven't had any issues driving in the ice and snow. 

• I do not envy you northeasterners! Except @swazzle, cause a night in a hotel drinking with co-workers sounds like a blast! And you know the hotel will have a generator, so you're all set there!

It's been snowing since about 6am here (Central MD). We're supposed to get 4-6 inches, so I might leave a little early to avoid the roads being too bad. I only live 4 miles away, though, so I'll have myself parked in front of the fire with a glass of wine by 5pm at the latest!

Our weekend was VERY relaxing. We did a whole lot of nothing on Saturday. On Sunday I went for a run, and then DH did laundry. Again, so relaxing. I needed that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @lmcooper86 did you find out who got you the apron?  Also, pictures?
  • @500days - Yep, it's been snowing here since I got to work at 630am.

• Morning, all! Stay safe in the blizzard zone. @swazzle, I can't believe your company would be that cool to get you guys hotel rooms to keep you safe. Awesome.

@dignity100, have fun in Florida!

@southernpeach89, I hope you're feeling better today.

@lmcooper86, my FI is in IT, and he and his coworkers are boycotting Blackhat because it's not even remotely realistic as to "black hat" hacking. Though I think the main thing they're objecting to is "no black hat hacker looks like that!"

@twodimes, yay menu tasting! Food has been the best part of planning so far.
    ---
    So I finished the baby blanket on Saturday and cast on my mom's scarf. OMG guys if you're allergic to animal fibers (like I am) and/or not a yarn snob you have got to try Lion Brand Heartland because it is snuggly soft acrylic. If this one itches I'm completely out of ideas.

My mom and I looked at the invites and thought perhaps I could try peel-and-stick acrylic gemstones, like in scrapbooking. We found the teal ones in a craft store, and I'm going to order orange, yellow, and purple ones online. I'm thinking two on the top ribbon and two on the bottom - it's 5/8" ribbon and the gems are about 3/16" wide themselves, so you can only get 3 across total and that's crunched together.

The hockey game was fantastic! The home team won, swept the opponent for the season so woo!

Yesterday my parents and I went shopping again and I got a new suit and three new shirts for work. I also got another Pound of Love to make another baby afghan because I'm still in supply-rebuilding mode and that's about the only yarn it makes sense to buy right now because I'm still knitting off my stash (says the self-righteous knitter).

And I won the Pro Bowl bet with my brother because Team Irvin beat Team Carter, which makes me the Pro Bowl champ 5 years running. (The probability is staggering, especially when you consider this is the Pro Bowl.)

And in WR exciting news, my aunt and my brother's GF are co-hosting a bridal shower for me in late March! So fun.
  • @speakeasy14, @KeptInStitches - It might sound like they want us to be safe but really, if they sent us all home tonight, nobody would be able to get here to work tomorrow hahaha

@GoldenPenguin - We are head bump/concussion twins! I banged the back of my head SO hard on the weird ceiling thing that you and I both have in our bedrooms. I literally dropped to my knees, it hurt so bad. I have a giant lump :::sousface:::

@KeptInStitches - Yay for a shower! How exciting!

• @Keptinstitches -Thank you! Yes I'm feeling much better today. Hopefully it stays that way.
  • We're about to be pummeled with snow where I am. Working from home today and staying bunkered down at FI's who has a generator. My roommate left for her brother's and I'm staying here. Not ready for this!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 I'm so glad you guys came for dinner! Your dessert was NOMS!!!!! Also, Cinders is BEAT today after playing with Maddux! After you left she passed out and wouldn't move until we took her to bed.

@Swazzle I'm glad your hotel has some rooms blocked already, but I wish you were able to just go home and weather out the storm with your H and your babies. In regards to pipes freezing, just drip your faucets and keep the cupboard doors for your sinks open so warm air can circulate. Otherwise, just hope for the best.

@lmcooper What was your favorite gift?

@TwoDimes Barrel racing is my favorite rodeo event! I feel like it takes sooooo much more skill and training than trying to not get thrown off a bull. We had steak for dinner last night so I'm not much help for meal planning today. I'm thinking of making these things this week though:

http://damndelicious.net/2014/09/13/baked-chicken-mushroom-skillet/
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-with-pine-nuts-sage-and-romano/detail.aspx?src=VD_Summary

This weekend was really busy for me! On Saturday I went to Home Depot and rented a wallpaper steamer and then spent the next 10 hours of my life steaming the wallpaper backing off of our foyer, dining room, and kitchen walls. It took forever and my legs are still sore from all the crouching I did but nearly all of the backing is off except for a few spots the steamer couldn't fit into! That was the extent of my Saturday.Sunday morning H and I returned the steamer and hit up Costco. Then I met some friends for lunch and went home to get ready to have @southernpeach89, her H, our parents, and the dogs over for ribeye steak dinner! H did all the grilling while my mom and I worked on washing the residual glue off the walls. We only got one wall done in the dining room but it's a start at least! Luckily the glue seems to be coming off with just a sponge and some warm water.Tonight I'll go home and hopefully do some more work on the walls. Once I get all the glue washed off we still have a lot of drywall repair work to do. There's a lot of flaws and rough areas that were hidden by the thick heavy wallpaper so it's going to be a process. We have a long ways to go until I can finally paint the walls.

• @GoldenPenguin I love your shoes and your rug! Please for to AW more pictures of your living room when you have it all accessorized? 

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @goldenpenguin- I heart that rug

@lapeanut1018 - Please to send me some oreo poke cake?

ETA: Spelling is hard
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards