Chit Chat

If you had to pick one meal...

...to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be? Disregarding nutritional concerns, obviously.

Just curious and hungry.

Mine...this is lame because it's salad, but there's a Canadian chain called Joey that serves a sashimi tuna salad that is pretty much my favourite thing on earth and I would eat it every day. It's got "seared rare Ahi, mango, peanuts, avocado, crispy noodles, cilantro ginger dressing" and it is so good I kind of want to cry every time I eat the thing. I don't even know why it's so good but it is SO GOOD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: If you had to pick one meal...

• I would be afraid to pick my favorite thing for fear of getting sick of it. I'd probably go with pasta marinara, because I could eat that shit every day. But a last meal kind of situation? Fresh oysters on the half shell.
  • A cheese and charcuterie board with an assortment of meats and cheeses, fig or currant jam, sliced apples, nuts, fruit, and toasted bread.  

I LOVE seared ahi too, and almost said colossal or king crab legs, but every so often I get in a weird mood where seafood inexplicably grosses me out for a few days.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A plate-sized Yorkshire pudding filled with roast beef, a sea of gravy, with the requisite carrots and other homestyle vegatables.

I can only seem to get this in England, as the "British pubs" here do a disservice by trying to make Yorkshire pudding somehow fancy, or use it as a side dish.

Mmmmm 

• I would love to eat Thanksgiving dinner every day. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cornbread casserole, all covered in gravy. I just ate lunch and now I'm hungry again.

• A prime rib the size of my face with horseradish cream sauce and a side of lobster mac and cheese.
    SAME.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Red and green chicken enchiladas with eggs, beans, and potatoes.

• This thread is making me so damn hungry and it's not even lunchtime yet.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's tough. A truly a Crab Louis salad might be the perfect food to eat forever. Or a paella with a good crispy bottom layer and lots of seafood. Or perhaps just my mom's spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread (super buttery if it's my last meal), and a big green salad.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Crab cake appetizer, followed by a medium rare juicy rib eye steak with garlic mashed potatoes, and a side of CHEESY mac and cheese, chased down with tiramisu AND creme brulee.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Coconut cream pie.  
    image.
  • Steak and mashed potatoes. I am actually quite an adventerous eater, but steak and mash is always my favourite. Anytime we go out for a 'fancy dinner' its steak.
  • A grilled cheese. I'm pretty sure I'll never get tired of that!

Dessert would be harder but if I HAD to choose, probably a right-out-of-the-oven warm chocolate-chip cookie.

• French bread. Good, French French bread. With a crusty shell and insides like clouds. And all the things to put on it. Homemade butter and jelly, meat sauce and mozzarella, pepperoni and salami and provolone and red wine vinegar....

Or Five Guys. I could eat their hamburgers and cajun fries every day for a hundred years.

Y'all I am so hungry now. Why. Why do I always do this. I need to quit clicking on food threads.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • A really thick cut ribeye steak, cooked rare, baked potato with butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon, and a good salad. 

• Sushi (especially uni and some sort of yuzu ceviche dish).
    Or korean BBQ. With baked mussels and cream cheese wontons.
    Or ditto prime rib. With lots of roasted garlic on the side.
    Or Danish baked pancakes.
  • Pizza. I would eat pizza every day if it wouldn't kill me.

Anniversary
  • I'm hungover and on a diet and this thread is sustaining me totally right now, guys. NOM.

I'm trying to pick a dessert in my head and it is nearly impossible. Cookie dough? Really, really good bread pudding? Flourless chocolate cake? Pie?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Steak and mashed potatoes. I am actually quite an adventerous eater, but steak and mash is always my favourite. Anytime we go out for a 'fancy dinner' its steak.
    Add on a shit ton of sauteed onions and a side of biscuits with honey and I would be very happy.  Oh and the mashed potatoes must be from the Cheesecake Factory.

• Grilled cheese with tomato soup, lobster Mac and cheese, and this amazing BRC burrito from Mission Burrito. For dessert, creme brûlée and vanilla bean ice cream. Oh! And French fries. I love French fries.
  • My FI makes this dish and I don't know what it's actually called so I call it chicken noodly thing - it's got spiral pasta, tomato sauce, spinach, mushrooms, topped with chicken and cheese and it's to die for.

Dessert: Kahluah cake - whipped cream, chocolate chip cookies, kahluah, repeat.
    Add on a shit ton of sauteed onions and a side of biscuits with honey and I would be very happy.  Oh and the mashed potatoes must be from the Cheesecake Factory.
    Have you had their fried mac and cheese balls? Oh my God.

• Homemade fried chicken with hot spiced oil, mashed potatoes with milk gravy, and Le Sueur sweet peas.

Or Thanksgiving dinner with perfectly roasted turkey, party potatoes, my aunt's stuffing with bacon, green bean casserole, sweet and sour green beans, roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta, and a lake of turkey gravy.

Always fresh baked soft chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Those would definitely be my choice, but I would still cry periodically about never getting Mexican food again.
    Have you had their fried mac and cheese balls? Oh my God.
    No, but now I must go there for dinner tonight.

• STEAK. Medium rare, with a loaded baked potato, mixed greens salad and roasted asparagus. 

or

Any and all Mexican food, smothered in guacamole. 
  • Either lasagna or this (click) Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie dish. Makes me want to cry it's so good.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Indian food, preferably chicken korma or masala with vegetable samosa, rice, and naan, accompanied by tamarind chutney with gulab in rice pudding for dessert.

With a bottle of tums so I can actually eat it regularly without dying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards