Wedding 911

HELP I AM 5 9' AND CAN NOT FIND TORSOLETTE LONG ENOUGH DRESS FITTING IS FEB 10TH

i am 5 9 and have a long torso and huge boobs. i wear a 38ddd. I can not find any decent shape wear for under my dress. my first fitting is in 2 weeks. i have gone to davids bridal and all of their long line bras are too short everything i have found sits right above my love handles. I keep looking on line but only thing i can find is corsets that are at least 17inches in length. Im worried the ties from the corset under my corset dress will be too bulky. anyone know where to find something strapless that is at least 17inches??? or anyone have advice on dealing with this problem? or someone who wore a coset under a corset dress? HELP PLEASE!!!

Re: HELP I AM 5 9' AND CAN NOT FIND TORSOLETTE LONG ENOUGH DRESS FITTING IS FEB 10TH

• What about Spanx? I have a long torso too (although I'm 5'7"). Spanx come up to my bra line. So I'm usually able to wear Spanx and then a bra (strapless or otherwise). Would that work for you?
    *********************************************************************************

• thank you i am looking at them now. i want to be pretty under my clothes too but that maybe impossible lol. I had a spanx slip at one point in my life and it was almost like a long shirt (didn't cover my butt). I may just have to do something like that if i cant find something sexy. 
  • thank you i am looking at them now. i want to be pretty under my clothes too but that maybe impossible lol. I had a spanx slip at one point in my life and it was almost like a long shirt (didn't cover my butt). I may just have to do something like that if i cant find something sexy. 
    Oh, if you want sexy, Spanx are probably out of the question. I was NOT sexy in my beige Spanx and sticky boobs... Like not at all. lol

I had a little lingerie outfit that I changed into when we got back to the hotel room. 
    *********************************************************************************

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    I'm a 5'8"",  38DD and had I corest dress.  I didn't wear a bra.   Didn't need to,
     those suckers were going no where after I was sewn up.  The pictures were from after the wedding.  I had been in the dress 3-4 hours by that point.  I never had to tighten the corest either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I'm 5'10" and wasn't able to find any corset/long-line type set up that was long enough. I ended up getting a pair of Spanx that goes from my thigh up to under my boobs. It works magically. Sexy isn't what I would use to describe it though haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • "Sexy" lingerie like a corset is not made to be worn under normal clothing, lol. It's made to be changed into for a little while and then tossed on the floor. And I sweated like hell under my wedding dress. I wore a slip with a built in bra. It was not sexy and I was too sweaty too feel sexy when I got undressed anyway. You'll probably want time to freshen up and change into something less practical.
  • You might be able to have a corset custom made at a custom lingerie shop.  There is one near me that will custom make a corset for about $120.  If you're a more "normal" bra size, you might not have ever had to look for these types of stores, but they exist.  My BFF got a corset custom made at the one near us and absolutely loved it.  She's 5'10" and a 32DDD and it was tough for her to find what she wanted at a normal VS or Frederick's.  

However, I second that you might want to opt for comfort and shape during the day, and then change into something "sexy" for later that night.  That's a long time to be wearing a hard corset.  

• THANK YOU for all of the responses!!! I think i am going to have to go with the not so sexy spanx idea. yesterday i found out i am also too tall for the body suit things. i found a decent looking one that was strapless and every time i buttoned the crotch my boobs came out the top lol. So those are now out of the question. I got the call my dress is in and we will be doing the first fitting on Monday. TIME TO BUY SOME SPANX AND PUT ON MY AMAZING GOWN!!!!!
    Oh, if you want sexy, Spanx are probably out of the question. I was NOT sexy in my beige Spanx and sticky boobs... Like not at all. lol

I had a little lingerie outfit that I changed into when we got back to the hotel room. 
    This is exactly what I did, too.
  • You will either have to have something custom made or built into your dress. I recommend the latter. My mother is a seamstress who used to make wedding dresses and this was always her recommendation for women who are busty. As a fellow tall girl (6') I feel your pain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards