Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Did anyone use 'All of Me' by John Legend as processional?

I'm trying to decide how to cut the song length down.  My sister is singing it to be used in my wedding, and I have my heart set on walking in to it.  But, my chapel is SMALL and I won't need the whole song.  Any ideas out there on how to cut it down?  Or anyone have a video/example of what they did with the song?

Thanks so much! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Did anyone use 'All of Me' by John Legend as processional?

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    I would talk to your sister about this.  If she's singing it, she probably has enough musical talent to be able to cut the song down.

Beyond that, the easiest way would be to cut out one of the verses.  Or, since a lot of times singers sing the chorus two or more times at the end of the song, have her only sing it once at the end.

Beyond that, google is your friend.  If you google "All of Me short version" you'll get a whole bunch of youtube hits.
  • All of Me has been done in many great arrangements since the 1940's. If you go to a music site that lets you listen to part of it, for a dollar you can get a classic or jazz version, up tempo or slow ballad. Listen to a few and get one with a nice pace/ beat for walking to as wall as nice phrasing or style, and you can probably get a variety of choices. U tube is fine, but only has very new versions. An ancient Frank Sinatra version might be perfect. Such a classic. Great song, so many artists have versions still downloadable cheap.
  • All of Me has been done in many great arrangements since the 1940's. If you go to a music site that lets you listen to part of it, for a dollar you can get a classic or jazz version, up tempo or slow ballad. Listen to a few and get one with a nice pace/ beat for walking to as wall as nice phrasing or style, and you can probably get a variety of choices. U tube is fine, but only has very new versions. An ancient Frank Sinatra version might be perfect. Such a classic. Great song, so many artists have versions still downloadable cheap.
    Yeahhhh wrong All of Me.  She's talking about John Legend, All of Me, which is new song.

Your sister could probably cut it down.  If it were left up to me:

How many times do I have to tell you
    Even when you're crying you're beautiful too
    The world is beating you down, I'm around through every mood
    You're my downfall, you're my muse
    My worst distraction, my rhythm and blues
    I can't stop singing, it's ringing in my head for you

My head's underwater
    But I'm breathing fine
    You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
    Loves all of you
    Love your curves and all your edges
    All your perfect imperfections
    Give your all to me
    I'll give my all to you
    You're my end and my beginning
    Even when I lose I'm winning
    Cause I give you all of me
    And you give me all of you, oh
    Give me all of you, oh oh

Chorus again depending on timing.  I'd play it by ear.

• Can you choose a favorite verse to start with? Then you can add the chorus or another verse from there if you need to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards