Chit Chat
Options

Rules for Bridesmaids

2»

Re: Rules for Bridesmaids

• Options
    I don't know if that is real or not but I seriously would have told that bride to fuck off.
  • Options

My coworker, no joke, sent out a contract to her bridesmaids. It outlined exactly what they were expected to pay for the shower and bachelorette they were expected to throw for her. It said what they'd have to pay for dresses. It dictated hair and all of that. Not weight though, thank God. If they couldn't adhere to the contract, they couldn't be a bridesmaid. 

I'm not kidding. I'm not being one of those, "Oh, my cousin knew a person who..." No. Really. I swear to God my coworker did this. She was the talk of the department for awhile thanks to this madness.

>>>>>>Aside from her though, a friend of mine was a bridesmaid for this girl who got married around age 22 (so in the phase where you probably don't know any better). <<<<<< The maids had to be strictly identical. Exact same hairdo, exact same shoes, exact same everything. I thought that was obsessive enough even back then!  </div>
    -------boxes-------

This has nothing to do with her age. There are plenty of people that age who have perfectly sensible heads on their shoulders who are not in the "phase where you probably don't know any better. "
  • Options
    ...I told my girls pretty early on I was making them get huge tutus and bikini tops, and have them do the Sanderson Sisters walk down the aisle.

What frightened me is that seriously all three of them said "OK!" Even my sisters, who literally do not ever put up with my shit. I decided after that I wasn't joking about bridesmaid shit anymore.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    So-called Reality tv, with shows designed to puff up the wedding industry folks who conveniently sponsored them, brought with them a whole lot of stuff that is bizarre, that ten to fifteen years later people think is real life.

What was that show where they had a week for a team wedding to work with a wedding coordinator and do every little thing they thought would please and amaze the bride? A bride whose wedding I was singing at pitched a fit at the wedding rehearsal 2 weeks before the wedding. She had paid for this beauty and spa day that was the day after the rehearsal, and she mentioned she had met with the colorist to pick out the shade of blond their hair was going to be. They went ballistic, naturally. And she and the spa people were saying, well I saw it on this tv show, and if you really loved me....
    Women with twenty inches of chestnut hair that is gorgeous don't cut and go blond for a wedding.
    No matter how many tv shows and websites say it is the latest thing.
  • Options
    maeday2 said:

kat1114 said:

When I bought junior bridesmaids dresses at David's Bridal, they included some random coupons.

One of them was a set of coupons to Jenny Craig that said "for MOB", "for MOH", and for "BM."

Crap like that is why brides think it's okay to treat their nearest and dearest like shit.

That's infuriating. 

Right after changing my FB relationship status to engaged, my ads were for plastic surgery and weight loss. 

Because my FI obviously doesn't love me the way I am. I need to be perfect to be a bride. 

A friend of mine started getting Facebook add about weight loss ads and plastic surgery ads on her Facebook when she changed her relationship status from engaged to single. Yeah, she was pissed.

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

A friend of mine started getting Facebook add about weight loss ads and plastic surgery ads on her Facebook when she changed her relationship status from engaged to single. Yeah, she was pissed.

I have a great algorithm story.
    When I changed my status from engaged to married I immediately got ads for baby stuff. I'm not having kids so I clicked them off.
    That switched to infertility treatment. I clicked those off.
    That switched it to cancer treatment centers and hospice care. I clicked those off.
    That switched it to how-to books and tutorials on having sex. I clicked those off.
    It switched back to babies one more time. I clicked those off.

I now get adds for wine, vacations, dresses, and cat stuff. I keep that. I don't care if facebook is trying to throw shade by saying I'm an irresponsible party-going selfish cat lady. That's the life for me!

Funniest part of the story, she met her now husband when she was giving an Ignite talk about changing the algorithms Facebook ads.

ETA: on mobile and my wuote boxes are screwy. Sorry guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards