Chit Chat

Tell me I'm crazy.

SO surprised me with tickets to this wine tasting event tomorrow last night, pretty awesome right? That's what I thought - when we bought them for his brother & wife for Christmas. I guess they have something else to goto and won't be able to use the tickets. It sounds silly, but I'm kind of sad? Mad? Bummed? That they aren't going to go. They are so difficult to buy for, and we wanted to get them something that they'd both enjoy (which they totally would), and alot of thought went into the gift =\ I should be happy that *I* get to go, and the tickets aren't going to waste, but, I dunno. I'm just not.

So, tell me I'm crazy so I can get over it and be excited that I will be getting drunk off yummy wine tomorrow.

Re: Tell me I'm crazy.

• Yes you are being crazy.  It sucks that they can't use your gift but I am sure they were appreciative of the gesture as well as the thought that was put into it.  And it was nice of them to give you back the tickets once they realized that they couldn't go.  I mean, they could have give those tickets to anyone, but they gave them back to you.

• I'll take the tickets. I'll get drunk off yummy wine if you can't manage to pull yourself together! :)

• I definitely understand being bummed that this great, thoughtful gift didn't end up working out for them. But, *Bonus* for you, cuz now you get to go enjoy something fun with your FI! It's ok, at least you gave it genuine effort. It's not your fault that they weren't able to go. 
  • Not being able to go doesn't mean they didn't appreciate the gift, that's just how things work out sometimes. There's no point in being upset about it.

• Thats what he said (to all). And I for sure AM looking forward to it. I bought a whiskey tasting for SO at the same place for the end of the month too. I am happy that we have 2 fun nights out this month. We are usually really boring and just stay home or goto friends houses on the weekends.
  • Yes you are being crazy.  It sucks that they can't use your gift but I am sure they were appreciative of the gesture as well as the thought that was put into it.  And it was nice of them to give you back the tickets once they realized that they couldn't go.  I mean, they could have give those tickets to anyone, but they gave them back to you.
    I agree with Maggie. A lot of people would have just thrown it away and never used it. I would be thankful that they, instead of throwing away "money" essentially, they gave them back to you.

• Yes, you're crazy. Pick out some nice wine for them at the event and have a good time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards