Chit Chat

TGIF: Happy Friday!

Happy Friday y'all! What do you have going on this weekend?

DH and I are grilling hamburgers tonight and watching TV.

Since this is DH's weekend to work we probably will keep it low key this weekend. I'll clean and do laundry Saturday morning and then go see my dad and MIL and FIL in the afternoon. That night we have a bon fire at a friend's house, that'll be exciting :)

Sunday, I'll go to church in the morning by myself and just spend time with DH the rest of the day.

Re: TGIF: Happy Friday!

• Saturday, I'm going to sign a W4 for my new part-time job (YAY!! New house money!!) and then hang out with FI and hopefully grill out. It's finally going to be warm around here and the snow is gonna melt.

Sunday, I'm going to a bridal show and then Sunday Funday with my girls.

• Woo sounds fun! I love a good bonfire.

I need to clean my apartment like mad this weekend, it's just a mess. There's this thing called Winterlicious in my area where a bunch of restaurants offer 3 course meals for a fixed price of $25-$45, and SO and I are going tonight, finally! I'm so excited. Then I'm going to brunch with a friend and out for another friend's birthday, so should be a pretty sweet weekend :)

Formerly martha1818

• I can not even begin to imagine it being warm enough to go to a bonfire, hahaha. Chicago is the fucking artic tundra right now. It was -9 when I got to work yesterday.

This weekend we are going to watch my little cousin's volleyball tournament, and then we are going to SIL's graduations party. I'm kind of dreading the grad party because MIL has been reallllllyyyyyy irritating me with her gossiping lately.
  • FI is on call this weekend, so I don't predict too much excitement, but that's fine by me. I got plenty of podcasts to catch up on and a registry to start. This week has been a little intense work-wise so I'm looking forward to kicking my heels up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Woo sounds fun! I love a good bonfire.

I need to clean my apartment like mad this weekend, it's just a mess. There's this thing called Winterlicious in my area where a bunch of restaurants offer 3 course meals for a fixed price of $25-$45, and SO and I are going tonight, finally! I'm so excited. Then I'm going to brunch with a friend and out for another friend's birthday, so should be a pretty sweet weekend :)

@lovegood90 That sounds absolutely delicious!

I can not even begin to imagine it being warm enough to go to a bonfire, hahaha. Chicago is the fucking artic tundra right now. It was -9 when I got to work yesterday.

This weekend we are going to watch my little cousin's volleyball tournament, and then we are going to SIL's graduations party. I'm kind of dreading the grad party because MIL has been reallllllyyyyyy irritating me with her gossiping lately.
    @ashley8918 It was 10 degrees  this morning and I tweeted that I was too cold too move. I would never survive up norht. I think it is supposed to be in the 30's Saturday night so it will be good weather for it!

• Happy Friday! This afternoon, H, my mother and I are all flying down to Florida for a party for H's grandma. We're staying with my MIL. I am super excited to get out of this weather for a few days. It was 7 degrees when I left the house this AM. Then we're flying back home on Sunday. 
  • Mmmm burgers!!

Tomorrow I'm getting my first facial! My aunt is the receptionsist at a high end salon so she's charging me for the cheapest one and then adding all these upgraded products for free. I'm nervous and excited lol.

Sunday my niece's first birthday party. I bought her a gift on Etsy 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten an email at all to confirm the order or shipment or anything. I emailed the shop a few days ago and still no word....but my CC was already charged so I'm a little worried.

• Thank goodness it's Friday! I left my phone at home today so I'm all out of sorts and ready for the day to be over already.

We don't really have much planned for this weekend. Tonight we're going to a local bar after work to hang out with the in-laws and some friends. Good beer, cheap bar food - can't say no to that!

Saturday and Sunday - no idea what we'll be doing. I know that at some point we need to go around the house and knock all of the icicles off. Our attic is so poorly insulated and it's causing an overwhelming about of ice to accumulate and it's getting dangerous. So I'll help H with that, despite the fact that it will be ridiculously cold and I will probably freeze. I also need to clean my house, particularly the floors. They got all gross after our SB party and I've been too lazy to touch them all week. H will take the dog and go to his parents house on Sunday to hang out and give me a few hours to myself. I want to finish the book I'm ready and start another one and it's so much nicer to read when I don't have someone asking me a million questions and a dog climbing on my head.

• DH and I have an appointment with a loan officer tomorrow to get pre-approval for a mortgage and then are going to look at houses! We are so excited to get a place that is just OURS.
  • flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

FI doesn't get back in town until next Wednesday so I'll be low-key this weekend.  Already had one semi-battle with FSS who apparently didn't feel like he needed to let anybody know when he was bringing friends over (FI put the hammer down there), so hopefully it'll be quiet on that front.  FSD wants to have a sleepover with a new friend next weekend, so I have to go and meet her friend's guardian tomorrow so we get to know each other before the party. 

I'm getting FI's wedding gift (watch) out of layaway tomorrow, yay! 

I'm also going in for my first fitting today over lunch since the seamstress brought in the bodice on my dress, hopefully it goes well! 

• Last night was MIL's birthday celebration. She got See's chocolates and shared with me. I wanted to die they were so good. 

This weekend we are using H's bonus to go shop for a new mattress. Our current one is 13 years old and it hurts my joints. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • @inkdancer New matress will be HEAVEN for you!!

• as long as i am feeling ok, work on the house tomorrow (if im not FI is on his own for that) sunday probably we will do the home and garden show (hoping FMIL wont be a pain about us not going with her) no way am i going with her after how rude she has been with us. 
  • Happy Friday everyone!

Tonight we are going to an NBA game with my dad. We're staying the night at a hotel since it's a 90 minute drive. Then in the morning, we'll probably have brunch with my mom and a friend before heading home.

Other than that, not much on the books. I was supposed to do a long bike ride last weekend, but it rained most of the weekend. This weekend is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny, so I'm looking forward to getting outside and making up for last weekend!
  • jenna8984 said:
    @inkdancer New matress will be HEAVEN for you!!
    I am so excited. There's a mattress place locally that makes them not 30 minutes from my house, so you save a lot because they're not shipping everywhere. And those mattresses are just incredible. I fell asleep in the store when my parents got a new one, so I'm thinking that's the mattress we'll get. 
    eyeroll
  • Happy friday!!! I'm going to the grocery store when I get out of there, then I have to bring wood in and prepare for Old Man Winter possibly dropping another foot of snow on us.

Weeeeeeeeeee!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Yay Friday! I'm so ready to relax. I have work and class until 4 and I'm done! I'm not sure what I'm doing today. I should goto the post office and drop off my textbook so I can get my refund.

Like many of you, my weekend won't be too exciting. Mainly going to be working on homework and studying. If Saturday is good V and I are going to go on a hike.

Sunday, I'm finally buying V's valetines present. I keep putting it off. We may buy some margarita mix to make drinks. Anyone have good recommendations?

• DH and I have an appointment with a loan officer tomorrow to get pre-approval for a mortgage and then are going to look at houses! We are so excited to get a place that is just OURS.
    That's exciting! My H and I are currently going through the process. Waiting to close on our home in just under 3 weeks. It can be a stressful process (I think for me it was realizing how much of an investment it is) but just remember to have fun!

• Happy Friday!!! 

Even my daughter was excited it's Friday and she only had school 3 days this week (Snow days).

DD is going to here dad's tomorrow morning. FI officially puts on Staff Sergeant tomorrow (he technically already is, but the ceremony is tomorrow), so we are going out with a bunch of the guys from the base tomorrow night. And it's a drill weekend, so I'll be baking goodies for the guys, as always.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @beachyone15‌ That is so exciting for you guys! I know it will get more stressful once we get down to the brass tacks, but we are really enjoying everything so far. We like a lot of the same things, and our must have lists line up exactly. Hopefully we will keep in mind the part that this should be fun too!
  • Happy Friday, y'all! 

DH got a pretty big promotion at work (found out Wednesday), so we are celebrating this weekend! He's worked really hard for it and it was his goal to get this title by 30. I'm really happy for him!
    That is awesome news! Congrats to your H!
  • The weather is really crappy here right now, blizzarding and -30C. Bleck!!

However its a long freaking weekend!!!! Monday is "Family Day" in BC. Basically a holiday especially for spending more time with your family. Our city does a winter festival this weekend called "High on Ice" they have expert ice carvers come from around the globe, they create this huge slide out of ice and snow. There are sleigh rides, hockey tournaments, snow ball fights, snow shoeing etc. 

So may have to bundle up and and go spend some time at that.
  • Happy Friday!

This past week has been interview after interview, coupled with stomach problems and a FUBAR-ed knee (think I hurt it on my last run).  Needless to say, today I'm plopping myself on the couch, powering up the Xbox and just being a bum.

In-laws are in town for about a week, so most of the weekend will be spent with them, I'm sure.  On Sunday, slothieguy, FIL and I are going scuba diving, so hopefully the weather holds out (we're supposed to be getting some rain....not that I expect any sympathy from you Knotties out east ;) ).   
    Anniversary

• Happy Friday!

This past week has been interview after interview, coupled with stomach problems and a FUBAR-ed knee (think I hurt it on my last run).  Needless to say, today I'm plopping myself on the couch, powering up the Xbox and just being a bum.

In-laws are in town for about a week, so most of the weekend will be spent with them, I'm sure.  On Sunday, slothieguy, FIL and I are going scuba diving, so hopefully the weather holds out (we're supposed to be getting some rain....not that I expect any sympathy from you Knotties out east ;) ).   
    Good luck with the interviews! Crossing my fingers for you!!
    *********************************************************************************

• This weekend I am working! Again. Weeee!

We have been refinishing the saltwater tank stand - we've epoxyed, sanded, stained, and "decorative glazed" it into a beautiful dark espresso color! All that's left is the protective waterproof coat tonight (and 12 more hours of drying ugghh). While I'm at work, DH will probably have friends over to get this thing finally moved into the house and set up! I'd like to park my car in the garage. That glass tank is so heavy.. 3 guys need to lift it!

image   image   image

• Happy Friday!

Good luck with the interviews! Crossing my fingers for you!!
    Thanks lady!  Congrats to your husband, tell him to send the job woowoo my way!
    Anniversary

• Lots of plans since it's my birthday Sunday! Getting drinks tonight with one of my oldest friends as an early bday thing. Tomorrow my BFF is taking me to get our hair and nails done as my present from her. FI has some sort of surprise planned for after our girls day. Then BFF and another really close friend are spending the night so we can go out for brunch and mimosas Sunday morning.

I just wish it wasn't supposed to rain this weekend. I know we need it, but we have had awesome weather all week and now its supposed to rain the next few days.

• @afox007 Happy early birthday!
  • @afox007 Happy birthday!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards