Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

New stepfather dance

I have a 10-year-old and my soon-to-be-husband would like to do a first dance with her. Any ideas? (Not fans of country or anything too over-the-top sappy). He's fairly new to her life - only been around  about a year. But they've gotten very close in that time.

Thanks!

Re: New stepfather dance

• Do they have music or a movie they both like?  For instance, if they both like Frozen, they could dance/sing to "Let it Go" or "Love is An Open Door".  

Or, if that won't fly, you can't go wrong with something like "My Girl" by The Temptations.  
  • I love the suggestion of "My Girl"

• I love "you've got a friend" for a situation like this!  Super good song, but not overly lovey/sappy.
  • @Casadena   I like the friend idea, too, and would even suggest the song "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story as something sweet, cute and perfect for a dance with a child.  :-)
  • e>@Casadena   I like the friend idea, too, and would even suggest the song "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story as something sweet, cute and perfect for a dance with a child.  :-)
    Actually, that's the one I was thinking of and wrote the wrong title!!!! It's fun :). Although the james Taylor one that I wrote originally would also be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards