Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Timeline Help

Does anyone have a good timeline? I have NO IDEA what is realistic for they day. Here are the items I do know: We will be doing a first look, we will be doing a strip/Fremont St tour before the ceremony, I don't want a zillion photos of people dancing at the reception, I want night photos on the strip after our reception. 

If anyone has their timeline they'd be willing to share...you can share here or email me: hmgiffor@gmail.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Timeline Help

• Options
    Our wedding was 4p.  Our timeline was:

9a Francesca arrives at bridal suite for H&M to start
    10a Debi drops off dress and tuxes
    10:30a girls and guys arrive at respective suites
    11a Mike L arrives to start photos
    12p Jasons Deli delivers lunch
    12p Pam should be delivering and setting up flowers and centerpieces at Mix
    12:30p Scheme drops off bouquets/bouts in both suites
    2p Freeds should be dropping off cake
    2:15p groom & boys arrive at Mix and hang out in back room
    2:30p DJ's should be arriving and setting up
    3p bride & girls arrive at Mix and hang out upstairs
    3:30p-4p guest arrival
    4p ceremony

after ceremony, guests move to Mix Lounge for apps and booze, Mix resets for dinner service

6:30p dinner starts

dancing, drinking and fun after dinner, 8:30p cake cutting

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Scheme kept everything going according to plan so the timeline was mostly adhered to.  The exception was my step mother making her and my dad 20 minutes late to the ceremony because she's an attention whore.  No other guest out of the 125 was late. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    What?! I thought you had a very nice timeline in another thread! I would be happy to share mine, although my wedding is totally different from yours. Can you let us know what time your wedding is?

PS - vegasgroom ---- 125 people at your wedding!! Holy wow. We had 40 and I felt like we had a HUGE Vegas wedding!!
  • Options
    My wedding is at 6pm. Here is a timeline I created the other day (for the photographer)....any thoughts would be great! 

2:30: getting ready and into dress
    3pm: first look 
    3:30-5:30 family photos, photos on Fremont and strip (Chandelier Bar, Hangover lot, Vegas sign) - would it be best to just stay on strip?
    6-6:30: ceremony and certificate signing, family photos (I do want one big group photo after we walk down the aisle)
    6:30-7:30: cocktail hour - maybe a few sunset photos and photos with Elvis/Showgirls
    7:30: Grand Entrance and first dance
    7:45: Dinner and toasts
    8:45 Dancing starts
    10:30 Reception ends (we don't want the whole dancing time covered - so some idle time)
    11:00 -12:00 Evening photos (Escalator, Caesar's, Bellagio Fountains, Eiffel Tower)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess it depends on how long you think it will take you to get ready and get into the dress, but for me it took longer because my dress had loops for the buttons my stepmom and sister had to do. From "dress time" to "leaving time" was about 45 minutes and it was very hectic. I would allow more time, and would start at 2pm.

First look timing is fine. Is 3:30pm-5:30pm a strip tour with a bus? If so, it might take longer to get around as they move slower and people cut them off and they have to go to special entrances/stop offs sometimes. I'm not sure where the Hangover Lot is but with a bus I'd only account for 2 spots in 2 hours. Freemont Street would be fun but will take longer to get to/from. Where is your starting point? Will you be returning to somewhere else?

The rest of your timeline looks great! It appears that all your photos will be done with so you'll get to enjoy cocktail hour which probably means you'll be able to enjoy dinner! Horray!! One concern I have is the evening photos -- you are going to be EXHAUSTED (or maybe high on life?!) - I would not have wanted to do all that having been in my wedding dress for nearly 12 hours :) Also I don't think you'll get to all those photos in 1 hr, but you can do double duty w/ fountains and Eiffel tower by getting them in the same shot!
  • Options
    Find time to eat because there's a 50/50 chance from 7:45 - 8:45 you won't be. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards