Favors

Wine Favors ---- HELP!!

Please help!!  My wedding is in January and I have yet to purchase the favors for my guests.  I want to give a half size (375 mL) bottle of wine to each guest with a personalized label, but I cannot for the life of me find a place to order decent wine in bulk for that size of wine bottle.  Any suggestions?   Please?!! 

I have been to way too many weddings and the favors given are such a waste.  One wedding I went to had this same favor for their guests, and me and my fiance loved it!

Thanks in advance!!!

-Alisia

Re: Wine Favors ---- HELP!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-favors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:da319e88-5d30-4540-a9f0-a2996dca1229Post:7e6f8efc-ccf1-46da-adbb-2157bac3fb94">Wine Favors ---- HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please help!!  My wedding is in January and I have yet to purchase the favors for my guests.  I want to give a half size (375 mL) bottle of wine to each guest with a personalized label, but I cannot for the life of me find a place to order decent wine in bulk for that size of wine bottle.  Any suggestions?   Please?!!  I have been to way too many weddings and the favors given are such a waste.  One wedding I went to had this same favor for their guests, and me and my fiance loved it! Thanks in advance!!! -Alisia
    Posted by LiLi1744[/QUOTE]

Instead of buying them with the labels already added, why not buy the labels separately and put them on yourself. Oriental Trading company sells personalized labels for $12 per 50 labels. I bought them and they are very high quality.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-favors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:da319e88-5d30-4540-a9f0-a2996dca1229Post:d1e7ad2f-fcea-4e2f-88e3-ac706c806b19">Re: Wine Favors ---- HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wine Favors ---- HELP!! : Instead of buying them with the labels already added, why not buy the labels separately and put them on yourself. Oriental Trading company sells personalized labels for $12 per 50 labels. I bought them and they are very high quality.
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Yes that is my plan, but my problem is finding the bottles of wine.  Any ideas?  :)
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps I'm stating the obvious, but did you go on www.wine.com and look in the half bottle wine section?

I don't know how much you're planning to spend per guest, but I've ordered wine gifts from their site as gifts with no problem.

If you're not into online shopping, could you work with your local liquor store or upscale grocer?
  • We're also doing wine, but lucked out since FI's mom makes wine at home. So she's making our wine a big batch then we ordered these 5oz bottles with corks for $9.99 a case (12 bottles) http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin18ae.html It may be extra work but you could buy a cheaper wine in bulk and pour them into the bottles yourselves. You can also probably find bottles at a local wine/liquor shop.
  • Not sure what the difference is in price between a half size bottle or full size. However, Trader Joe's and Aldi's have wonderful full bottles of wine for around $5 each if you look hard enough. Not sure if you can get them in bulk but there have to be places locally (wine cellars or bulk sellers) that have something reasonably priced. Check there.
  • Thank you all so much!!  This will get me started and hopefully completed so I can mark this off my list.   :)
  • Huge help!  Thanks!!  This is my mission today, going to check out a local liquor store.  :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wine-favors-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:da319e88-5d30-4540-a9f0-a2996dca1229Post:50f46c86-62aa-4d99-ac98-288285d3b326">Re: Wine Favors ---- HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know what you're looking for price wise, but do they HAVE to be 325ml?  I know that Beringer and Sutter Home both make several of their more popular wines in a mini bottle that is 187mL.  These are what I usually see as wedding favors and they're available at most local liquor stores.  Both brands are decent wines for the price. The other option is to get the empty wine bottles and stoppers like PP described, then buy boxed wine in bulk (Black Box is one of the best boxed wines) and fill the bottles yourself.  One box will fill 8 half bottles or 16 mini bottles  The only downside here would be that it would need to be done the week of the wedding to make sure the wine doesn't go bad between packaging and the wedding.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards