Ohio-Cleveland

Need your Recommendations!!

I just booked the Lodge at Geneva for this September. I am an out of state bride and need recommendations for an Officiant, Florist, Cake, and Hair/Makeup. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Need your Recommendations!!

• jaclyn&davejaclyn&dave member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am geting married there this year too!!!! Congrats!

I am using Lowes Greenhouse for my florist. They are in Chagrin Falls.
    http://www.lowesgreenhouse.com/

We are using baby cakes in Willoughby for cupcakes. I don't know if they do cake.

The lodge should have a list of preferred vendors as well.

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker 174 Invitedimage 93 Ready to get partyimage 10 are missing outimage 71 taking their timeimage RSVP Date Sept. 24
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For officiant, check out Nora with Uniting Hearts. She does a great job. I would have used her, but our venue required us to use theirs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cpauknercpaukner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would not recommend Baby Cakes for your wedding cake. I had her do a fondant cake for my daughters first birthday, gave her pictures and went over everything from top to bottom on how it should look and it was maybe half the way it should have been. Gartman Model Bakery in Painesville is really good, they're a small family owned bakery that's been family operated for nearly 100 years. Grande Design Floral in Painesville is also very good or Fracci Florist in Mentor. For hair I would check Jennifer and Company in Mentor or Ladies and Gentlemen in Mentor.

• JNB421JNB421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies!

Jaclyn - Congrats to you too! They did give me a list, but I also wanted to hear from other knotties to learn about their experiences with local vendors. I will definitely look into all the above recommended places, except baby cakes!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there! I am planning my Cleveland wedding from DC, as well :) The officiant and hair/make-up artists we are using would not be able to travel. We are using 'What's for Dessert" in Rocky River for our cake and florist is Design by Floral Images on Cleveland's westside. GL with the rest of your wedding plans!
  • edited December 2011
    For hair/make-up I recommend Michael Christopher in Highland Hts.  I don't know if they'll travel.  Also, they use Aveda make-up, which isn't great--I brought my own.  However, they do tons of bridal parties so you will have to book soon.  I highly recommend Nadia for hair and Carita for nails.

I don't have a cake recommendation but I do NOT recommend Kathy's Cakes in Solon.

Florist?  Daisy Hill is great, I just don't know if they deliver out to Geneva.
  • leebell12leebell12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to be using Tawnee Graham. found her online when i did a search and found a webesite clevelandweddingofficials.com . She is so helpful and friendly. I feel like I have known her forever.!! We are gettting married next year, but my fiance wanted to get the officiant taken care of before we did any other planning.  neither of us have ever been to a wedding before and we had NO idea that there were so many choices for ceremonies and wordings.  Rambling.. Good luck to you, and Congratulations!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wild Flour in Rocky River gets the most amazing reviews - I am going to use them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards