Wedding Woes

Morning

I have things, but I'm going to make a separate post because they're all sad/scary/depressing. 

It's my day off, but I'm working a couple hours today. 

I'm trying to find the motivation to work out.  

The cutest puppy is on the Today show. want.to.snuggle

Re: Morning

• It was so nice to see my sister last night.  She's going to hang out with us again tonight and then she'll head back home after work tomorrow.

I need to do our taxes.  Maybe I can work on it tomorrow.  Too much crap to do/finish up today, although I shouldn't complain about it because my house is looking good and the efforts I have put in to organization are actually paying off and it's working.
  • Sorry conn.

6let looked like a pack mule today- 2 boxes of caprisun, a valentine box, homework, lunch, and all the cards to give out.  I don't care.  I have zero desire to drive him.

I'm taking the others to a play place this morning- $2 for trampolines and swingsets and soccer and basketball.  Then I need to get ready for MIL tomorrow.

BIL's adoption went through yesterday.  I'm a little sad I found out through facebook.  I need to remind myself it's not about me.

• I did 'pay it forward' in the Starbucks drive thru this morning and paid for the car behind me.  It's happened to me twice, so I figured it was time.  

DH did get down in our crawl space last night and said everything was starting to dry out, and our ceiling in the living room is drying up.  So I think we are officially rid of the leaks.  YAY.  FIL is supposed to come over this weekend and help DH do the bathroom and ceiling repairs.  
  • More yay: We're getting a 3rd Costco in our area.  YAY!  
  • confession(?): I've never been to a Costco. 
    - i've actually been considering getting a membership. but didn't know if it was worth it. 
    - the closest ones to us are a 20-35 minute drive
  • I had an almost full night's uninterrupted sleep last night and it was glorious.  I feel so much better today.  I only had to get up once for DH's medication.

DH still has an inner ear infection.  We went to see our doctor yesterday.  I had called for a medication question and they wanted to re-evaluate him.  My NP wasn't happy that Urgent Care hadn't prescribed anything to treat the ear infection, so she did that first.  If he's not better by Friday, we have to have a CAT scan.
  • I find Costco totally worth it.  The closest one to us is 20 min away. 

If you have a friend who is a member, you can ask them to get you a cash card.  You can get in with just the cash card to shop and see if it would be worth it to you. 
  • 6fsn said:

6let looked like a pack mule today- 2 boxes of caprisun, a valentine box, homework, lunch, and all the cards to give out.  I don't care.  I have zero desire to drive him.

DD had a dentist appointment this morning, so I took advantage of driving her to school to haul all her stuff in.  She also had a valentine box, valentines, two bags of valentine M&Ms, plus (for her class's raffle basket, which is this fundraiser they're doing where every class has to assemble a themed basket and they raffle them off):  a Starbucks mug with gift card, and a bottle of sparkling wine.*  We had so much stuff, I signed her in at the office and then realized we left her backpack in the car.  Lost in the shuffle...

* We still have wine left over from our wedding, and we're coming up on our 9th anniversary.  That Saint Hilaire (2002) Blanquette de Limoux we bought is now worth like $40/bottle.  Shoot, if I had known that, maybe I would have ordered an extra case.  :)
  • Last week I spent $13 on groceries.  We did spend $10 on milk this weekend, but this weeks bill was $27.  I could get used to this.
  • I'm at work, working *look MA!*, so there is that.

I woke up this morning exhausted still after two nights of 8+ hours of sleep.  No clue what that is about.  Shark week maybe? 

I remembered I had a weird dream where there was a pig squealing contest and I knew I would win. LOL.  No idea.

Also, I woke up with a song in my head so I had to play it and my coworker didn't know the song.  WHAT.  Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown" is a classic...ugh. I had a sad for him.
  • 6, what is your secret?
  • They keep sending coupons!  Today I had free ones for bagels, peanuts, oreos, and granola bars. Last week it was bread, carrots, apples, and coupons to get lettuce for a quarter and eggs for 50 cents.

I stock piled a bunch of meat when it was one sale so that's been a biggie and why these bills are not sustainable.  Last night was completely out of the freezer- spinach chicken sausage, ravioli, and tomato sauce from the garden. 

I'm having the ILs over tomorrow so I had to buy some chips and potato salad for lunch and I got the kids the popcorn chicken from the deli otherwise I probably would have been under $20.

• And really it's that I have more time than money so I can hit a different grocery store each week and I  can make a huge pot of black beans/biscuits/whatever to freeze.
  • Seriously, our local grocery stores don't do any of these coupon situations.  I'm excited when I find a coupon on things at Target, with cartwheel and a mobile or printed coupon.  I'm lucky to get out of the store under $100 for 2 people for 2 weeks.  :(
  • Morning (or afternoon). Today has been busy at work, which is good but I feel like I'm racing around and getting not a whole lot done. Doctor's appointment this afternoon which I sort of forgot about.

We spend about $100-125 a week on groceries for all of us. I feel like we throw away way too much. :(
  • s/o finding out about the adoption on facebook: SIL also posted last night asking for gently used baby items because nephew is going to be a dad.<---- that's how FIL and sMIL found out they are going to be great grandparents.
  • 6fsn said:
    s/o finding out about the adoption on facebook: SIL also posted last night asking for gently used baby items because nephew is going to be a dad.<---- that's how FIL and sMIL found out they are going to be great grandparents.
    Is that the same nephew that ran away? Sorry - your family is massive. I can't keep track. :-P
  • PMeg819 said:
    We spend about $100-125 a week on groceries for all of us. I feel like we throw away way too much. :(
    Don't feel too bad, PMeg--that's about what ours is.  Now that DS is on milk, we are a family of four milk drinkers, and that's like $20/week all by itself.
  • Different nephew.  Daddy nephew is stupid SIL's oldest son.  The one that ran away was other SIL's youngest son.  I still sometimes get people mixed up.  I figured out that between DH and his siblings there are 8 kids with 7 different adult male figures.  One SIL had 2 kids by 2 different men and is married to a third.  Other SIL has 3 kids by two men and is married to BIL.  Then there is DH with his 3 kids.

• ftrMrs0 said:
    Seriously, our local grocery stores don't do any of these coupon situations.  I'm excited when I find a coupon on things at Target, with cartwheel and a mobile or printed coupon.  I'm lucky to get out of the store under $100 for 2 people for 2 weeks.  :(
    Same here.  I really hate that HyVee is so dominant in our area.  We have no one to compete with them.
  • Same here, Taw---we do have Aldis and Fareway, but I just am not in the habit of going to either.
  • Aldi usually has milk for $2/gal. They also have some great deals on produce. (Last time I was there, I bought a case of blueberries for $12..) 
  • I'm not brand or store loyal, but if I need cheese I go to Aldi. We have a new store here that has killer sales so I've been hitting that too- $4/lb shrimp; $2.00/lb fresh ground sausage, and amazing produce.
  • 6fsn said:
    I'm not brand or store loyal, but if I need cheese I go to Aldi. We have a new store here that has killer sales so I've been hitting that too- $4/lb shrimp; $2.00/lb fresh ground sausage, and amazing produce.
    Which store?  We just got a bunch of stores called Fresh Thyme and they have similar deals.  My sisters and mom have raved about it.  I haven't been.  I need to get over there to see what the fuss is all about.  
  • @mrs.conn23 It IS Fresh Thyme.  You couldn't really do all of your shopping there, but the deals are beyond awesome.  They have bulk vinegars and syrup!  Wednesdays they have the ad from the week before and the current week.  When that falls on a day 6let has kinder it kind of feels like Christmas.
  • My sister brought some of their chicken sausage to a cookout and was amazing. I just always forget about it. It's not far from the Trader Joe's I go to and I always forget to keep going after (or before) I go to TJ's (I usually head the opposite direction to Costco, ha). 
  • GO!  It's about the size of TJs so it doesn't take long, but it's kind of fun and they are always so nice to my kids.  The flower woman gave them roses one day and they got lollipops on another.  They have good bulk stuff to. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards