Flowers

Appropriate centerpiece size??

Hello!
I met up with a florist today and she is trying to charge me $65 for a centerpiece that is 6 inches in width. It will include hydrangeas, roses and carnations. My  question is: Is a 6 inch in width vase big enough for a 60ft round table or will the table look too empty? Am I being charged too much for that type of centerpiece? I have not been able to find any examples of how that size of centerpiece would look. I am planning on adding candles around the centerpiece but we will not have plates set up. 

Re: Appropriate centerpiece size??

• Meant to say 60" not feet, yikes! :P
  • Price is really subjective and varies from region to region and from florist to florist.  Also with roses and hydrangeas you are looking at a more expensive arrangement then if you just used daisies and carnations.

Are you sure that the 6 inches isn't the measurement for the vase, not the actual arrangement? Most likely if you are using a 6 inch wide vase then the arrangement will be about 8-10 inches wide because the flowers will add some width.

Also, even though you won't have plates at the pace settings, you will have glassware, napkins and possibly silverware set up.  You want to have some room on the table for your guests to place their clutches, cameras, additional drinks, etc.  A pet peeve of mine is being squeezed at a table with absolutely no room.  Once everyone is sitting with a plate of food in front of them, the tables will not look empty.

In the end, if you are really concerned then ask your florist to make a mock up of the centerpiece and place it on a 60" table and see what you think.

• My centerpieces were in 6" vases. Here's a picture of my table once it was all set up. The table was still completely full. 
  • Price is really subjective and varies from region to region and from florist to florist.  Also with roses and hydrangeas you are looking at a more expensive arrangement then if you just used daisies and carnations.

Are you sure that the 6 inches isn't the measurement for the vase, not the actual arrangement? Most likely if you are using a 6 inch wide vase then the arrangement will be about 8-10 inches wide because the flowers will add some width.

Also, even though you won't have plates at the pace settings, you will have glassware, napkins and possibly silverware set up.  You want to have some room on the table for your guests to place their clutches, cameras, additional drinks, etc.  A pet peeve of mine is being squeezed at a table with absolutely no room.  Once everyone is sitting with a plate of food in front of them, the tables will not look empty.

In the end, if you are really concerned then ask your florist to make a mock up of the centerpiece and place it on a 60" table and see what you think.
    I probably should have mentioned that the vase itself is 6" in width, not the arrangement itself. Thank you! You provided some great insight :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards