African American Weddings

Photo Booth vs Party Favors

Hi Ladies,
What are your thoughts about a Photo Booth for the reception? I really want a photo booth. I think it would be a great addition to the reception.  I am trying to decide if I should just do the photo booth and no party favors or should I do both.  Please let me know your thoughts.
Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Photo Booth vs Party Favors

• edited December 2011
    My photography package includes a photobooth. Love the idea and plan on doing additional favor instead of photobooth. If not, the booth alone will be fine.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    Im planning on doing a photobooth as well.  I am using the pics as favors.

But either way, I think you will be ok.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm hoping to have a photobooth as well if we can fit it in the budget and those pictures will be their favors.  I found a photobooth company that has a package where their pictures are on magnets and I really liked that idea.  My wedding venue includes bags of candy as favors in the wedding package, so they'll get those since they're more or less "free" and the photobooth pictures as well.
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im doing a photo booth as  well but not doing favors!
  • TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a fan of favors. They are a waste of money imo. Im doing a photobooth.
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want a photo booth, but I know my guests wouldn't appreciate it like me, so it's a no go. But my favors will be the candy buffet.
  • 7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I nixed the favors idea since I didn't want to spend money on something people either wouldn't take, or would forget to take, etc, etc. Just seemed like an extra expense we don't need. I really want a photobooth and since you get unlimited pics, I think it'd be great to use for both the guestbook and for them to take home their pictures as their favors. Sounds like killing two birds with one stone to meCool
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a Photobooth and a candy buffet as favors! YAY!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    wE'RE doing the photo booth and a favor
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • zantsterzantster member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i definitely prefer edible favors like a candy buffet type thing rather than a photobooth if push comes to shove.  i have been to a wedding with the booth and i just wasn't motivated to even use it.  but i was motivated to eat. lol.
  • msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lady.  I am going to do the photo booth.  My FI is not big on candy and he thinks we will be wasting money doing a candy station.  Cakes will be the only desserts that we have.  Thanks again
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to have a photobooth, candy bar and since it's October in lieu of a favor we are going to make a donation to the ACS Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. BC runs in my family so every October we do the walk in memory of those we have lost and in support of those who are survivors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I really love the photo booth idea - unfortunately it didn't fit in the budget.Cry   I planned to give the pics as favors.  So, I had to settle for regular "favors" but I don't feel too bad though - only spent about $150 for 200 favors.

Hope the booth works out for you guys!

Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards