Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What date would be your anniversary

2»

Re: What date would be your anniversary

• This is reminds me of the time I was in a developmental psychology class when a student asked, "If you're born 3 months premature, what day is your birthday? "
    Someone once asked me what day their child's birthday was when they were born on a Tuesday, but it didn't fall on a Tuesday the following year.

My ex fully did not understand this. He totally thought that every date fell on the same day every year. He was driving when we had this argument, so I couldn't pull out a calendar, but I tried to explain to him that 365 was not evenly divisible by 7 and he just refused to accept my logic. He was CONVINCED that Christmas is always on a Friday, his birthday is always on a Saturday, etc.
    I'm relieved to see that is status is now "ex".

slm86 said:
    CMGragain said:
    You get one wedding.  ONE!  It is the date that you are legally married.

Having a fake wedding ceremony in Mexico that has no legal status is pointless.  It is not a wedding.  You are not being married, since that already happened in the USA.  Are you inviting guest to this fake ceremony?  Will they know you are already married, or will you withhold that important information? 

What you are planning is called a PPD (Pretty Princess Day).  It is not well received here on the Knot  Please don't do it..
    Um do whatever the hell you want. If you want 5 ceremonies have 5 ceremonies. But to actually answer your question I would celebrate your elopement date since that is the day you became husband and wife and the other is a celebration with others.
    I can't imagine a single person in the world who is so revered by their friends and families that they need to have four reenactments.  (Maybe Kim Jong Un?)
    Anniversary

• banana468 said:
    This is reminds me of the time I was in a developmental psychology class when a student asked, "If you're born 3 months premature, what day is your birthday? "
    Someone once asked me what day their child's birthday was when they were born on a Tuesday, but it didn't fall on a Tuesday the following year.

My ex fully did not understand this. He totally thought that every date fell on the same day every year. He was driving when we had this argument, so I couldn't pull out a calendar, but I tried to explain to him that 365 was not evenly divisible by 7 and he just refused to accept my logic. He was CONVINCED that Christmas is always on a Friday, his birthday is always on a Saturday, etc.
    Was he not old enough to personally experience that they changed? I'm trying to process that.

I literally, to this day, don't understand how he thought this. I tried to explain it to him like "Ok but your birthday was on a friday last year, and it's on a saturday this year" and his response would be "well then it's been on a saturday every year! it wasn't on a friday last year, it must have been saturday!"

I could not for the life of me convince him of this, and by the time the argument (it was a full blown argument at this point) had blown over, I was WAY to annoyed to drag out calendars and prove it to him.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This is reminds me of the time I was in a developmental psychology class when a student asked, "If you're born 3 months premature, what day is your birthday? "

----- Is this why you broke up with him?

Not going to lie... it didn't help things.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

----- Is this why you broke up with him?

Not going to lie... it didn't help things.
    At that point, what was the actual deal-breaker?

Anniversary

• How does an adult human not realize most holidays and even their own birthday are not on the same day of the week every year? This is quite possibly the most dumb ass thing I have ever heard.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards