Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Thoughts

What's on your mind today? 

I'm reeeeeeeeally excited that @audrewuh is coming to see me in 1 week! I wonder what we should do during the day on Friday since I took off work. Hmmm.

I'm waiting for Pottery Barn to call me to schedule my couch delivery. I want it NOW. 

I would appreciate it if Brody would stop attacking Bailey every chance he gets because I feel so bad for my Booj. 

I'm finally on season 7 of SOA and I'm nervous, scared, excited, and sad all at once. I freaking LOVE this show. 

I need to figure out paint colors before Monday when my mom comes and it's stressing me out. 

H and I had to have a talk recently about how much (err, little) he's been helping out around the house. I got home late from work last night and was happy to see he took our talk to heart and did the kitty litter, unloaded the dishwasher, and did a load of laundry. I hope he keeps it up because I hate feeling like a nag but it was just getting to be too much. 

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• On my mind right now:

BF and I are starting a diet/meal/exercise program on Monday and I am nervous about how well I will do. I HATE salads and am terrible at meal prepping. And I hope I'm not a bad influence to BF while we are on it. I have no self control...

I am beyond over this cold weather. I am in FL and it's been in the 40s for days! I need sun and warmth!!

This may be tmi for this board, but my divorce is almost finalized and I found out earlier this week that I am getting a lot more money out of it than I thought. I can't wait to pay off all my debt and trade my car in once it's all settled!

@swazzle good for you that your hubby was helpful last night. i hope he keeps it up! :)

• @Swazzle - H and I had to have those kinds of talks a few times, but one day something just clicked and since then he's been so helpful and takes care of all kinds of stuff without me asking.  I hope the same happens with your H!

My thoughts:

Geez, this surgery/tests/medicines are EXPENSIVE.  My part of the ultrasound was $535.  Still haven't got billed for the bloodwork, and I have yet to do my ultrasound-led biopsy, surgery, anesthesia, or any of that mess. $$$$$$$

My coworker is a witch.

Why is the house always so cluttered/dirty on Thursdays, the one night when it needs to be clean since my students show up before 6:00???  HOUSE-KEEPING FAIL.

Why is Bug puking every morning?  She woke me up at 4:45 today.  Thankfully I got her in the bathroom and on to a towel before she blew, so I didn't have to wash the sheets AGAIN.  Waiting for the vet to open so I can call.

I hate Drench (my PiYo work out tonight).  It's so long.  Bleh.

• @swazzle, I've been there with balancing housework. I'm glad he's stepping up.

@ashleybunny8, I've been trying to get healthy, too, and the worst part for me has been the deprivation. What's helping me is keeping decent quality chocolate around - just little squares. I get one per day. (Except yesterday when I had three ...)
    ---
    Today's thoughts:

I hate cold. It's -26F right now mercury temp, and the only blessing is there's practically no wind, so wind chill is only -37F. No no no.

My brother is drowning in his class work and panicking constantly, and I don't know how to help him settle down. The worst things are being resolved, but he's in a loop of panic.

I'm not allergic to envelope glue because they're all sealed and ready to go out the door. This has calmed me down.

I have an ass-ton of review to do for oral comprehensive exams and even though they're not going to flunk me unless they have no other options, I'm nervous especially now that I'm on the wrong side of a month until I take them.
  • @swazzle glad to hear that H stepped it up in the housework dept!

@KeptInStitches OMG that's so cold!!! Stay warm.

My thoughts for the day include:

I wish I brought a bagel or some form of pastry to eat at work right now. I don't know if I will make it til 11:30 when lunch is scheduled. 

It snowed again last night and I am sick and tired of cleaning off my car every morning. When we buy a house I will definitely be looking at garages!

I have an eerie feeling that one of my vendors will fuck something up for the wedding. Like I haven't communicated with my florist, dj or officiant since we booked them. Should I be checking in with them every other month or something? I just feel weird.
  • @Swazzle - H and I have to have that talk every now and again.  On his days off I come home to a disaster of a kitchen and I take one look at it and sigh...then he fixes it without me asking directly.  It will sort itself out in its own way with your H I'm sure.

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry about the medical bills.  I know they rack up fast.

@ashleybunny8 - What do you hate in particular about salads?  Perhaps you can work around it (unless its the lettuce itself, of course)?

@KeptInStitches - Does your brother have a planner or a white board?  That usually helps me when I'm overloaded with work.

----------------------------------------------

I'm less panicked and streesed today but only a little.  Sorry to vague Knot.

I'm also worried about H.  They let someone go at his work and he thinks he might be next.

Our basement finally passed inspection this morning so we can drywall.  The inspector has been such a pain.  I think he's been over 6 or so times already for the basement and each time he finds something "new" to fix that was already there.

I'm cold and I want Spring to get here ASAP.

TMI - Its only my first month of birth control but I don't think I ovulated at all (was taking those tests to check). I know its too early to be concerned about that but it irritates me nonetheless.  I also need to pick up that Taking Charge of Your Fertility Book but I think when H sees it in the mail he's sort of going to be like  ???

• It's silly that school has been canceled all week when we haven't had hardly any snow but I kind of like DH being home and doing stuff for me while I'm at work. It sure takes a load off of me.

We finally sold our car and I'm super excited that we can put that money towards our new home. We started our loan process last night and I'm just ready to get that ball rolling.

I'm super bloated and my fat pants are tight. UGHHHHHHHH.....and I'm tired.

Maddux got a bath yesterday and he smells so good. I just love his clean snuggles.

@Labro ,can I live with you this weekend since DH will be out of town? I don't want to be alone.image
  • @minskat30, he does have a planner. It seems as though some of his profs have no idea what an appropriate workload for an x-credit class is, and even though it's been resolved, he's still panicking that they'll do it to him again. Part of the problem (and I can't tell him this) is that he's out of practice. He was on internship last semester and he's not used to the academic grind. It's not that he's not staying on top of the work or not caring about it - it's a mindset thing.
  • @minskat30 - it is the lettuce!! I hate romaine (sp?) and leafy greens equally. I can usually deal if I add a lot of stuff to them (cucumbers, peppers, seeds, tomatoes, eggs, etc). It just gets so boring after a while. I'm hopnig I will be able to find salad-alternatives for lunch so I can eat salads if BF and I go out to eat.
  • I woke up this morning feeling much better, so yay for this cold going away.  I'm still planning on taking it easy today though.  Two weeks from today I begin performing in my show and three weeks from now H & I will be flying to the Bahamas!!! I am so over this cold and winter stuff.  I'm looking forward to bathing suits and getting a tan!  I hope the work day goes by fast I'm ready to go home and snuggle with my kitties.

Anniversary

• @ashleybunny8 - Hmmm, have you tried Kale?  I love Whole Food's Kale salad.  I recreate it with some seeds, tomato and a balsamic with lots more veggies.  Whatever Whole Foods puts on their Kale salads is crack. Crasins are great on salads too if you don't go overboard. 

@KeptInStitches - I'm sorry to hear about your brother.  I remember the acedemic grind. It would have been very difficult to take a year or even 1/2 year off between college and law school for me since the grind only got worse in law school.  I'm hoping your brother gets back into the groove.

@southerpeach89 - You may be super bloated BUT think of the good reason you are.  :)

• @swazzle Ugh my bf and I had to have that talk too, mostly because he leaves wine glasses everywhere, and then they either get moldy or break.  The entire time we had that conversation all I could think of was Charlotte from SATC with the teabag issue. But yay for your hubby helping out, and hopefully it sticks!

ashleybunny8 I will gladly take 40 degrees over the -8 it is here in PA.  But congratulations on your divorce becoming finalized and being able to get debt paid off!  To be able to do that during a divorce is incredible. 

CocoBellaF Medical bills are the worst.  Also, how long has she been puking?  Maybe she keeps getting into something at night?

KeptInStitches Has he met with his professors?  Usually if you just talk with the professors, they are accommodating.  My brother struggles in some of his classes, so whenever he feels overwhelmed I tell him to go talk to those professors.  When he takes my advice, he always says that they were helpful.

My thoughts:
    I'm so happy to have my car back and working.  

I can't wait to snuggle my nieces again. My mom is on a huge I need to be a grandma kick; so the next time I visit my nieces I'm bringing her with me so she can get her baby fix.  

I hate blazers and suit jackets, and wish I could just wear cardigans.  I'm such a weird size because I'm petite, yet muscular, that jackets never fit me right.  I bought a bunch of new jackets for my promotion; the one I wore yesterday cut off the circulation in my arms, the one I have on today I'm swimming in (both the same size).

• @speakeasy14 - Bella has IBS/IBD, so I have to watch her.  I gave her a chewbone over the weekend.  She doesn't get into anything overnight because she sleeps on a pillow on the bed and we shut the door.  I'm hoping it's not a flare about to happen, but she normally has one in the spring (March timeframe) so it could be.  I left a message with the vet so he'll call me back sometime later today!
  • @ashleybunny8 - Check out skinnytaste.com. The recipes are delicious and healthy. 

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry the tests are so expensive :( 

@KeptInStitches - It's too late for this tip to help you (maybe for thank you cards?) but for all the other brides out there: GLUE STICK! GLUE STICK! GLUE STICK! I used it on all of my WR mailings and it was a life and time saver. 

@500days - I felt like that before my wedding too. Like... what if they double booked on my wedding day and aren't going to show up? You're fine though, I promise. Either they'll reach out to you or you should reach out to them a few weeks to a monthish out to confirm details. 

@minskat30 - I hope you took before pictures of your basement so we can also see after pictures!

@southernpeach89 - YAY HOUSE! Did you show us pictures??

@ Everyone who replied about sharing housework - It's SO weird because for 7 years, H was always super helpful with the chores. I never had to "ask" him to do anything at all, he just did it. Since we moved into the house, though, I've been doing seriously everything so it was finally time to sit down and have a real discussion because that wasn't going to fly with me.

• CocoBellaF Oh no poor Bella, hopefully the vet can take her right away if it is a flare up. 

southernpeach89 Yay on house, pictures?!  And silly, you're not bloated, you've got a little peach growing.  
  • @Swazzle - I have before videos of the basement and maybe a few pictures of the area that is now a bathroom.  I will AW when its all finished because I'm an oversharer.  ;)
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    CocoBellaF did you ever hear back from TK Gods on if we can mention someone's post history/modding to the board culture?
  • @swazzle, dear God you could have saved me from two of those pieces of chocolate! Glue stick - it is certainly not too late. I'm going to pick one up tonight. There are many thank-you cards in my future.

@speakeasy14, he has talked to his professors. They did make accommodations, but he's still all kinds of panicked. Since I react the same way to overwhelming situations, you would think I'd know how to help him ...

@500days, now I want a bagel.

@southernpeach89, yay house!
  • @speakeasy14 - I think it is definitely frowned upon, but I never received an official answer after I told them that I mod according to the NEY culture and to let me know if that was not acceptable. 
  • @Swazzle - FI and I have had a bit of that issue...I think the problem is we're usually at my apartment and he says he doesn't know what needs to be done because he's not always there. But I think he's started listing more to what I say I want to get done in an evening and will take care of a couple things. Last night I had to run to the store for something for dinner and when I got back he had unloaded the dishwasher and it made me smile.

@CocoBellaF - I'm sorry your medical stuff is so expensive...I hope you can get everything sorted out with your insurance without too much headache.

@southernpeach89 - I think you should give yourself a pass with the pants since you're pregnant, not fat!

@ashleybunny8 - Who says salad has to have lettuce? Do a bunch of chopped fresh vegetables (blanch or steam anything that doesn't taste so great raw) and some quinoa with a light dressing. Or check out Pinterest for layered salad ideas.

My thoughts this morning:

It is so fucking cold and I am so done with it. I know February is always bad, but enough is enough.

I JUST got over my strep throat and now I feel like I'm getting a cold. Wtf.

I had to lock Gambit in the bathroom this morning because the maintenance guys are coming into my apartment today. I feel like a bad mommy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @ashleybunny8 - I also lack any sort of self control when it comes to dieting. I think it's easier when you do it with someone though. Good luck! Also, you could try spinach or arugula for salads instead of romaine. Or just snack on the veggies you put in salad to make it more tasty and ditch eating salads.

My thoughts today:

I made a mistake at work the other day. I realized what it was and corrected it this morning but I'm a little stressed out about it.

I need to get a haircut. I get lots of compliments on my hair when it's long but I hate dealing with it. I think I'm going to cut it on Friday.

I'm so ready for the weekend. Getting through today and tomorrow is going to be rough.

I'm very annoyed that the leasing agent for the apartment I'm supposed to move into in April hasn't sent me the lease to sign. I don't want to give notice that I'm moving out to my current apartment until I know for sure I have somewhere to live when I leave! 

• @Swazzle I can't wait to see pics of your living room once the couch has been delivered!

@ashleybunny8 Healthy meals =/= salads. You are by no means limited to salad for meals when trying to cut back on junk. You can grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday and munch on it throughout the week... just add some veggies each day. FI and I made a whole chicken in the crock pot on Monday, and we've been adding different sauces and seasonings to it every night for meals, and I'll make different veggies each night to go with it. 

@KeptInStitches I'm glad the invitations are done and ready to go out! 

@minskat30 I'm so glad the inspector finally approved the basement! I know that's a huge relief for you guys.

@southernpeach89 LOL at you thinking your fat. Preggers =/= fat, silly.

@peaseblossom55 YAY for the Bahamas! You guys are going to have so much fun!

@lmcooper86 Nooooo no more illness! 

------------------------------

Let's see, what's on my mind...

I had a weird dream about an ex-BFF who was a very emotionally manipulative/emotionally abusive person. Our fallout is a long story, but I had a very vivid dream that I was hanging out with her for her bachelorette party and telling her to come to my wedding and rehearsal dinner. It was very strange. Also, just to prove her crazyness to this crowd, she eloped at the courthouse last year and is having a huge PPD next month. I looked at her FB profile earlier today, and she had a bridal shower recently. Yeah. So tacky. 

I need to be productive at work today. 

I wish my sister would get her life together. She's only 20, but she really has some very unhealthy habits and friends.

I really hope my mom only has a cyst in her ovaries and not something more serious. 

I really really REALLY want it to be October so I can be an OMH. 

Also, this may make me a bad person, but older coworkers' inability to work technology makes me laugh hysterically. I'm currently watching my 67-year-old coworker run around trying to help my boss, who is trying to work from home, with her VPN and laptop and all that. Neither of them understand the concept of VPN and Remote Desktop, and it's cracking me up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southernpeach89 - I LOVE IT!!!!  It is absolutely adorable!  I want that backyard!!
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015

@eilis1228 - I'm sending lots of good health vibes for your mom! 

Also, you're a better person than I am because watching my co-works use technology makes me want to strangle them! I have no patience when watching others use a computer.

• @eilis1228, good health vibes for your mom.
  • @minskat30 - Do you want my copy of TCOYF? 

My thoughts:
    It's too effing cold.

I'm feeling my age... more gray hairs, more wrinkles... all in the last six months. WTF.

I can't wait to see @swazzle's couch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger I agree with you too effing cold

@Southernpeach89 I love that house!!!!

@eilis1228 I hope everything is ok with your mom.  We didn't go down last year with all of the wedding planning and expenses so I am really excited to get back this year! 

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF - Why do your students come to your house? I hope your little pup's okay!

@southernpeach89 - Yay for baby bloating!

@Peaseblossom55 - How exciting that your show is so close! I wish I was going to the Bahamas!

@speakeasy14 - The most amazing blazer I have came from Guess. It is almost like a sweatshirt material, so it is super soft and stretchy. The sleeves have a lot of give. I am not currently finding it online, but that may be a good place to try looking?

--------------------------

Things that are on my mind today:

After talking to my older sister and recap-ing the weekend, I have determined that I am not a fan of my little sister's boyfriend. He is 25, yet acts younger than her, and she's 21. Apparently he's also talking bad about her to my boyfriend, which sucks because they're basically strangers. How does he talk about her to his friends? He wasn't even supposed to come along anyway! I wish he hadn't.

As mentioned yesterday, I'm seriously hoping that my gyno gives me the green light for sex this afternoon. So anxious!

I have leftover ham, turkey, AND steak in my fridge now. I need to figure out what to use them in. I'm thinking mac 'n cheeese with ham, jambalaya with turkey, and salad with steak? Kind of wish I could just use all three at once, but that sounds too weird, haha.

• @AlPacina - I teach piano lessons out of my house on Thursday evenings.  And here's hoping you get laid tonight!  ;)
  • @southernpeach89 How can I say no to those eyes?? Of course you can come live in our construction zone of a house this weekend! Hope you don't mind watching old episodes of Game of Thrones with us while H and I watch Season 2!

@TwoDimes How are you handling bite control with Indy? Cinders was a bad biter for awhile too and we used to yell ouch or yip or make a sudden noise and we'd stop the activity and she eventually learned not to bite down with her teeth. H may have also accidentally flipped her one time when she snuck up and bit down on his hand and surprised him....

@everyone in the cold! I'm sorry! It's single digits here today....but that still isn't minus temps. I hope you all stay warm!!

@Swazzle I <3 you! I hope the kitties are able to work out their differences soon. :(

Not much going on for me today. Yesterday we had our HVAC replaced and I was stuck inside all day while the contractors were here so I had to get out of the house this morning before I went stir crazy. I hit up a craft store and picked up some wreath making supplies. I'm planning to put together a magnolia leaf wreath and then a more traditional burlap wreath with spring elements. I also went to my favorite home decor store because I had three coupon offers for them. I decided to reward myself for all my hard work with the home renovations a little early and I bought a leaning oval mirror with a pair of carved birds on it, a floral arrangement, and some new spring potpourri.

Our new heater is awesome by the way! I don't even hear it running! All of a sudden, it'll just start heating the house and it's so wonderful. Our old heater was manufactured in the 1970s and is original to the house and whenever it started up you'd kind of hear this womp womp womp sound before it started working. According to the contractor, he says we should expect to see at least a 30% drop in our gas bill because of the upgrade in efficiencies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards