Options

Ring Insurance

2»

Re: Ring Insurance

• Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    mrsk616 said: tfmrserwin said: I had originally planned to get a policy through Perfect Circle, but then I found out that our renters insurance (through Progressive) had an equally comprehensive policy - the ring is covered under pretty much all circumstances, including "mysterious disappearance," meaning I could lose it somewhere and it's still covered.
    The rate you pay will depend on the value of the ring, but usually it's around $10-$16 annually per $1,000 of appraised value. (I work for a jewelry company, talked to our onsite insurance guy about it and he said that's the standard range.) that was FI major concern was if it would cover anything that would happen to the ring. 

-------Edited because paragraphs and boxes--------------

Yep, mine too. I'm more worried about losing it (and not knowing where I lost it) than it being stolen, since I wear it at all times other than when showering and gardening or doing other dirty work. I specifically called Progressive to make sure they cover all losses, not just theft and disasters. It definitely offers peace of mind knowing it's covered in all circumstances.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    I had originally planned to get a policy through Perfect Circle, but then I found out that our renters insurance (through Progressive) had an equally comprehensive policy - the ring is covered under pretty much all circumstances, including "mysterious disappearance," meaning I could lose it somewhere and it's still covered.

The rate you pay will depend on the value of the ring, but usually it's around $10-$16 annually per $1,000 of appraised value. (I work for a jewelry company, talked to our onsite insurance guy about it and he said that's the standard range.)
    that was FI major concern was if it would cover anything that would happen to the ring. 
    You need to check your policy.  My renters insurance would only cover loss / damage in the space I was renting; anywhere else I was SOL.  That's why we went with Perfect Circle; it was going to cost pretty much the same amount through them any way.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    I had originally planned to get a policy through Perfect Circle, but then I found out that our renters insurance (through Progressive) had an equally comprehensive policy - the ring is covered under pretty much all circumstances, including "mysterious disappearance," meaning I could lose it somewhere and it's still covered.

The rate you pay will depend on the value of the ring, but usually it's around $10-$16 annually per $1,000 of appraised value. (I work for a jewelry company, talked to our onsite insurance guy about it and he said that's the standard range.)
    that was FI major concern was if it would cover anything that would happen to the ring. 
    You need to check your policy.  My renters insurance would only cover loss / damage in the space I was renting; anywhere else I was SOL.  That's why we went with Perfect Circle; it was going to cost pretty much the same amount through them any way.
    Did you specifically add a jewelry rider to your insurance? Most renters insurance policies will indeed cover all property while it's in your home; in order to get more comprehensive coverage for specific jewelry items, you have to add a rider that protects it in broader circumstances. It sounds like your insurance company may not offer the same level of coverage, though.

But yes, do talk with your insurance company to see what the options are.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards