Nevada-Las Vegas

Aussie getting married in Las Vegas

Hi me and my partner are visiting Las Vegas in september and wanting to skip the engagement and just get married in Vegas. We will still do a wedding when we return home, so we are not looking for a big over the top wedding.
We were thinking a nice chapel, not tacky 
Limo and photo tour ( really want to go get photos at the boneyard, so would love any info on that.
Then we would just go out to dinner.

Any ideas on not so tacky but reasonable price chapels and also on limo photo deals???

Thanks

Re: Aussie getting married in Las Vegas

• Hi me and my partner are visiting Las Vegas in september and wanting to skip the engagement and just get married in Vegas. We will still do a wedding when we return home, so we are not looking for a big over the top wedding.
    Limo and photo tour ( really want to go get photos at the boneyard, so would love any info on that.

Any ideas on not so tacky but reasonable price chapels and also on limo photo deals???

Thanks
    If you get married in Vegas, that will be your wedding.
  • Hi me and my partner are visiting Las Vegas in september and wanting to skip the engagement and just get married in Vegas. We will still do a wedding when we return home, so we are not looking for a big over the top wedding.

Thanks
    Your wedding in Vegas IS your wedding.  If you want to elope, then own it.  After you elope, you may throw a "Celebration of Marriage" party when you get home, but that is absolutely not your wedding.  Because it already happened.  In Vegas.  

• We are aware of that, but since my family wont be in vegas, we are doing it all over again in Aus. minus the legal side of things.
    So to us, we are having two weddings. 

Anyways thats not the big issues, its more that I live across the world and would love some recommendations.

Thanks
  • We are aware of that, but since my family wont be in vegas, we are doing it all over again in Aus. minus the legal side of things.

Anyways thats not the big issues, its more that I live across the world and would love some recommendations.

Thanks

I live across the world as well. I still realise that if you want to get married in Vegas, that is your wedding. You can't get married twice without getting divorced. The rest is play acting. It's simple: if you want to get married with your family, get married with your family. Also, don't be so disrespectful towards people fighting for legal recognition marriage by being so flippant about the legal document of marriage.

Thanks
    No, you are having one wedding, and then a fake reenactment.  Are you telling your family and friends about this, or are you keeping it a secret and lying to them about the reason behind your trip to Vegas?

• We will be telling the close family before we leave and then announcing it to our friends and family when we get home. Then we will have a "fake" ceramony then proper reception. since once we get married in LV, it is legalised in my state. Any ways that is irrelevant.
    My question isnt about if its real . not real , legal , not legal. I was explaining what we were doing and then asking for reccomendations on chapels and limos. That is all.

Thanks 
  • london Lisa Thanks.

We are having a do over in Aus

• We will be telling the close family before we leave and then announcing it to our friends and family when we get home. Then we will have a "fake" ceramony then proper reception. since once we get married in LV, it is legalised in my state. Any ways that is irrelevant.
    My question isnt about if its real . not real , legal , not legal. I was explaining what we were doing and then asking for reccomendations on chapels and limos. That is all.

Thanks 

london Lisa Thanks.

We are having a do over in Aus

Then what you are doing is rude.  What you can do is elope in Vegas, and then invite people to a "celebration of marriage"  when you get back home.  No vows, spotlight dances, cake cutting, etc.  If you wanted these people badly enough at your wedding, you would have gotten married in AUS.   

Thanks 
    Why don't you and your FI have the fake wedding in Vegas, and then have the proper ceremony and reception with your friends and family when you return?
  • agree to disagree.

Here in Australia it is very common to have two celebrations if you are having a destination wedding, so this is the way we are choosing to do it. Anyways back to the original question about Chapels and Limos.
  • Mobkaz, I suggested that and my FI,  he doesn't want to get married by a celebrant and I don't want to get married in a church. So when we do the local wedding it will be our parents saying a few words at a beach / park setting.

• agree to disagree.

Here in Australia it is very common to have two celebrations if you are having a destination wedding, so this is the way we are choosing to do it. Anyways back to the original question about Chapels and Limos.
    It's common to have dollar dances and house parties in many parts of the US.  Doesn't mean it isn't incredibly rude.  If you want to elope, then own your decision.  It makes absolutely zero sense to plan a separate fake reenactment.  Just do everything at once with the people who are important to you.  And then honeymoon in Vegas. 

• LondonLisaLondonLisa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    agree to disagree.

I have been to plenty Aussie weddings in Oz, and abroad- never heard of a wedding re-do that wasn't seriously side-eyed or complained about by guests. If getting married with your family is important, get married with your family! Would you dress up in your uni graduation cap and gown and hire a hall to reenact that ceremony if your parents could come? Of course not! You would maybe throw a party after the fact but wouldn't be so silly and vain as to reenact waking across the stage to get your diploma.

I'm thinking of going around with a bucket and my fi with a cricket bat at our breakfast demanding guests open their wallets and give us all their money. Can you recommend a good brand of bucket and bat?
  • I think this is MUD guys. It's just too much to the classic "anyways that's not what I'm asking about" script.

Formerly martha1818

• Funny because I live somewhat close to Vegas and eloped to Australia. Got married on the beach there. I had one legal wedding in Australia and that was it. No re-do.

• Contact the hotel you are staying at. Most of the hotels have a coordinator that can help set you up with the right location, limo service, flowers if you want a bouquet, a photographer if you want one and whatever else you want for your special day. Take advantage of their services, they know the area and can help you get exactley what you want and make sure you aren't getting what you don't want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards