Missouri-Kansas City

** Knottie of the Week: StephB1185 **

1. Your name & FI's name:
2. Ages (met/married):
3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it?
4. Where were you born (city/state)?
5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?
6. Where did you go to college?
7. Do you root for any college/professional teams?
8. What was your major?
9. What is your current job?
10. What is your dream job?
11. How did you and your fiance meet?
12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?
14. Where is the ceremony and reception?
15. What are your wedding colors?
16. Where are you honeymooning?
17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
18. Biggest wedding splurge?
19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
20.Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?
21. Favorite book?
22. Favorite movie?
23. Favorite tv show?
24. Favorite wedding dress designer?
25. Any advice you can give?
26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
27. Share something about yourself!!

Re: ** Knottie of the Week: StephB1185 **

• StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! :-D  Hope I'm interesting enough..

1. Your name & FI's name:
    Stephani and Leonard
    2. Ages (met/married): met at 21(me)/20(him) - we'll be 25/24
    3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it? Yep, I'm excited to have it! Not moving to far down the alphabet! :)
    4. Where were you born (city/state)? Omaha, NE
    5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)? St.Charles, MO
    6. Where did you go to college? Lindenwood University (in St. Charles, MO)
    7. Do you root for any college/professional teams? HUSKERS!!!!! :-)  (I know, alot of you are probably Mizzou fans, and I'm sorry :-P  )
    8. What was your major? History and Dance
    9. What is your current job? I am a substitute teacher (trying to get a full time social studies position) and I teach dance (tap and hip hop) at a local studio.
    10. What is your dream job? Teaching. High School - international studies/geography
    11. How did you and your fiance meet? We met a few "first times" but I finally approached him when we were both out on the town with our own friends!
    12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it?? We got engaged April 2, 2010 (24 days ago!!) - he got down on one knee while we were walking out the door to have breakfast!
    13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?  We don't have a date yet. I will let you know when we get one! We have a meeting with the venue I love this weekend, and it's all up to them! :-)  But, ideally next April!
    14. Where is the ceremony and reception? Well, if all goes according to plan this weekend - ceremony at Countryside Christian Church (in Mission, KS) and reception at Mission Theater in Mission.
    15. What are your wedding colors? Teal, Orange and Purple (like, a wine purple)
    16. Where are you honeymooning?  Haven't even thought that far!  I don't think we'll go until the summer of 2011 though - especially if I get a fulltime teaching job for next year!
    17. Favorite wedding vendor so far? ugh... Don't really have any :(
    18. Biggest wedding splurge? I would like it to be the photographer.. but the theater is a huge splurge in itself! And perhaps FI's wedding ring...
    19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't? I don't know that answer yet... I will probably want more church decorations than the budget will allow though. And probably - I'd like more guests than I can have
    20.Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend? I would like to attend WhitneyKayes, to see her photographer! ;-)  There are alot... katanne, hetshup, tyboyd, tyswife etc.
    21. Favorite book? Harry Potter... yea, i know. :)
    22. Favorite movie? hmm... that's difficult, depends on my mood. We'll go with Men of Honor
    23. Favorite tv show? I love horrible reality tv - Tough Love, Fresh Meat 2; I also love The Daily Show and Colbert Report, Law and Order, Glee - sounds like I watch a lot of TV.. but I don't really...
    24. Favorite wedding dress designer? Well, mine is Oleg Cassini....
    25. Any advice you can give? Umm.. well, before we got engaged, I was a little obsessed - and impatient.  Be patient. And stay calm.  We've already had a few little arguments about things - but remember what it's all about!
    26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding? not yet!
    27. Share something about yourself!!  I'm a list person. I love to teach. I really want a cat right now! :-(  And I just got a summer school teaching job which I'm VERY excited about!!!
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • edited December 2011

You were very interesting! You and I are kind of in the same boat. I got engaged a week after you! Are you having a lot of guests? That seems to be my problem - finding an awesome reception venue and FEEDING 250-300 people!!

I hope your planning goes well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, FI and I sat down this weekend and got the number to about 230.. yikes!   We're looking at Mission Theater this weekend.  What date are you thinking??
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure yet what the exact date will be - next spring/early summer, though. I've got four reception venues to look at, and I'm hoping to match up availability dates between the church and reception venue. It's tough for me because I'm in Illinois right now. Looking to make a trip home next weekend thought to get some stuff figured out!

How about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! That's so funny... I'm planning from St. Louis and we're planning on heading to KC next weekend to look at the venue/church.

What venues are you looking at?

• HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This was very fun to read! I'll bet it'll be fun to come back in a few months when you've gotten some of these things planned out and see how far you've come! :-)

Do you have a pic of your dress/will you after this week?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was fun! I was so excited to be knottie of the week! :-D
    I sure do have pics of my dress... well, here's the link to the dress - and I'm actually getting to try mine on this weekend (can't believe I already have it, hehe).... mine will be all white- the picture and the sample I tried on is ivory with champagne lace.
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?catentryId=6097451&searchDimension=689%2B4294965107&subCategory=-49999486|-49995498&searchKeyword=ce239&searchKey=All&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49995498&searchSort=&searchDimensionName=DavidsBridal.com&langId=-1&currentIdx=34&y=0&search_category=689%2B4294965107&x=0&storeId=10052&ddkey=http:EndecaConnectionQueryCmd

I didn't even look at this one when I was shopping online - and it was one of the last I tried, off a whim - it brought tears to all of our eyes! :-D  It's so much better than that picture!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh wow! That is sp beautiful!! I can imagine why there were tears! hehe :-) Congrats - it'll be so fun to have your own dress to try on whenever you want! ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards