Not Engaged Yet

WR AW: Yay! Venue!

WildMageletWildMagelet member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited February 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
FI & I went and visited our venue tonight.  We saved the date with them and picked up a copy of our contract to finalize! <3

It's a Prairie-Style mansion.  We get full access to the house and the grounds.  Upstairs is a series of rooms for us to get ready in, downstairs will be our potential cocktail hour/Plan B space.  If the weather looks cooperative we'll do most everything outside.  If not, we have plenty of space to set up the ceremony and/or reception indoors.  There are tulip motifs everywhere - woodworking, stained windows, mantles, moldings, etc.   We also have access to their banquet & card tables, padded banquet chairs, serving-ware, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, linens, vases, archway, etc. if we so choose.   We found out that there's a Cajun festival downtown that weekend.  (After party, anyone?)  Unfortunately, it looks like the hotel I would have preferred to block is sold out due to its proximity to the festival ;(   It's probably for the best though; I'm sure parking near downtown (including that hotel) will be a nightmare that weekend.  There should be other hotels running shuttles to & from.  Hotel block is next on my list.  Also, I guess now we need to make a final call on lunch vs. dinner!

I grabbed a few of their promo photos for you guys ;)

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: WR AW: Yay! Venue!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards