Wedding Invitations & Paper

Sending Invites via Email

How do I send invitations to my guest in my guest list on the knot? When I click e-mail it takes me to my website and I cannot find any options on the guest list on my website to send them. Please help before I go crazy!

Re: Sending Invites via Email

• Wedding invites should be sent via snail mail. Even if you are having a super casual wedding, this event is important and deserves more then an e-vite. Also what about those guests that may not use email?

You don't have to spend a ton. You can buy invite sets at any craft store and print them up yourself or use Vista Print (many on here swear by that site) for nice quality but inexpensive invites.

• You don't. Use paper invitations and snail mail.

Aside from the fact that not everyone is sufficiently tech-savvy to use emailed invitations, they also convey a very informal attitude to your wedding that signals recipients that they need not take your wedding seriously. And many people won't.
  • Agreed with the PPs. Wedding invites should be sent through the postal service, not email and not Facebook invite. No matter how informal your event may be, snail mail is proper etiquette.

• I wouldn't do email invitations, especially ones done through a service/site. My job requires doing a lot of mass mailings and I can't even tell you how many of our emails get bounced back. I know someone who did email STDs through a website and a lot of them never went through because the email client was being sorted as spam. Is it worth the hassle of having to call everyone to make sure they got the email worth it?

And this is assuming everyone you're sending the email to even checks theirs regularly. I only check my personal email once a week or so since I get so few emails. Most correspondence I get goes to my work email (which has a ridiculous spam filter because of what we do).
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm all about evites for birthday parties, housewarming parties, get togethers, etc. But a wedding is a once in a lifetime (hopefully) event. It deserves a physical invite. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Evites are not appropriate for wedding invitations.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Wedding invitations should be on paper. There are inexpensive options at Michael's craft stores.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Please, PLEASE give your wedding the respect it deserves and use something other than email.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Also, email from TK would go straight to my spam folder. I've missed many of TK's emails in the past.

Then you have people like my mother who only check their email once per month and get so overwhelmed by forwards from other relatives that she ignores half of it.
  • Wedding invitations should be sent via regular mail, not email.
  • I would not send wedding invites through email- Not everyone checks their email regularly or uses email at all.. My dad doesn't use the computer period and believes the internet has "channels". An e-vite would be useless for people like him. And no, it's not just an "older person" thing, many young folks aren't tech savvy too. I would rather take my chances with a paper invite.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    I would not send wedding invites through email- Not everyone checks their email regularly or uses email at all.. My dad doesn't use the computer period and believes the internet has "channels". An e-vite would be useless for people like him. And no, it's not just an "older person" thing, many young folks aren't tech savvy too. I would rather take my chances with a paper invite.
    I'm dying

----

fka dallasbetch 

• Yes, PP brings up a good point- not all young people are all about email. I was chapter president of my sorority and you'd be shocked (SHOCKED) at how little some college-aged women care to read emails.

----

fka dallasbetch 

• Only extremely informal invitations go by email, for very casual weddings, and last minute notice, like asking 10 people to the courthouse or church, day after tomorrow.

SAVES are fine by email.
  • I would also send invites by snail mail. I'm doing STDs with email. And my RSVP will be online on my wedding website (so overseas guests can RSVP easily without risk of losing in the mail) and also so you can track who's RSVPed more easily.
  • ecghem7 said:

Knottie,

I'm so sorry that the people on this site can be so judgemental.  You asked how to do something and all everyone did was tell you that you shouldn't.

To answer your question, there's a few ways you could do it.
    1. Draft up a pretty invite, save it as a pdf, attach it to an email with all your guest BCCed.
    2. Use a service like paperlesspost.com or evite.com

On a related note, this a great article arguing for emailed invitations:  http://frugal-fanatic.blogspot.com/2015/01/argument-for-emailing-invitations.html
    So if someone asked "I want to set fire to my home.  Should I use gasoline or a dried up tree as the accelerant?"  Would you answer their question or tell them that they shouldn't set fire to their home?

Telling someone that they shouldn't do something can be the best advice.

• ecghem7 said:

Knottie,

I'm so sorry that the people on this site can be so judgemental.  You asked how to do something and all everyone did was tell you that you shouldn't.

1. Draft up a pretty invite, save it as a pdf, attach it to an email with all your guest BCCed.

On a related note, this a great article arguing for emailed invitations:  http://frugal-fanatic.blogspot.com/2015/01/argument-for-emailing-invitations.html

Please don't apologize for the ladies that gave correct etiquette advice. Apologize for giving bad advice based on your opinion.

Also, is that your blog that you're recommending?

• Right, cause setting fire to your house is the same as sending emailed invites.  Talk about an overreaction.

People are too caught up with what others, who probably didn't need to be invited in the first place, think of them.
  • ecghem7 said:

Right, cause setting fire to your house is the same as sending emailed invites.  Talk about an overreaction.

People are too caught up with what others, who probably didn't need to be invited in the first place, think of them.

• ecghem7 said:

Knottie,

I dislike the inconvenience of having to scurry to the restroom or outside when I have to fart. 
    Can someone please tell me the polite way to fart in public? I usually just glare at the person sitting or standing next to me, but the last time I did this, the gentleman I'd designated as my fall guy stood up and moved away. What's the polite etiquette approved way to fart?
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Also, that is not a "great" article. It's barely adequate writing, presenting flimsy arguments against, and not presenting unbiased or accurate arguments for.
  • ecghem7 said:

Knottie,

I dislike the inconvenience of having to scurry to the restroom or outside when I have to fart. 
    Can someone please tell me the polite way to fart in public? I usually just glare at the person sitting or standing next to me, but the last time I did this, the gentleman I'd designated as my fall guy stood up and moved away. What's the polite etiquette approved way to fart?
    The polite way to fart in public is by singing the National Anthem as you fart.
    While playing the drums.
  • My MILs favorite saying is "You fart and the whole opera knows." She claims it rhymes in Ukrainian.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards