December 2012 Weddings

Save the dates

Hey guys! I'm starting to think about our save the dates.I would really like our save the dates to be winter themed since our wedding will be, but with all of our friends and family around here we won't be sending ours out til like June or July. I'm thinking about magnets, but would really like something unique or creative. So....what are you guys sending as save the dates?

Re: Save the dates

• I'm doing my engagement pictures at Christmas and using those as our save the dates. I wasn't sure if I should send them out Jan-Feb or wait until July-August either!!!
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just took engagement pictures last weekend! 

We are getting married on 12.22.12 so we are sending out our STDs in mid- January since it's so close to Christmas. We are also getting married at Disney World and letting our guests know early will be helpful so they can book their resort, park tickets, dining, etc. 

We aren't sure if we are sending a magnent or a regular card with our e-pics on it yet. We have to decide here soon!

7-9 months in advance is the norm.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Unless we think of something WAY better we are doing photobooth save-the-dates and are probably going to send them out Jan-March because his family is spread out around the U.S. and his brother is in Africa at the moment
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't decided on how the save the dates are going to look yet.  We've tossed around the idea of magnets since they are pretty handy. We're planning on getting married 12-22-12 in Ohio and since it's so close to xmas, we want to make sure everyone has time to set their travel arrangements.  We are thinking about sending them out late Jan- early Feb.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We won't be taking engagement photos until March/April and so we are going to wait to send our STDs until May. Since we are going to have a Christmasy influence to our wedding, we plan to take at least one photo wrapped up in Christmas lights and potentially use that as our STD photo if we choose to keep up the theme. I love the magnets but I have also seen STD styles that are a card with a string that gets knotted as you open it that I think is really cute. :o)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are sending out christmas card/save the dates in the next week.  They are super cute bride and groom snowmen magnets that say Happy Holidays and Save the Date . . .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are all really cute ideas. Everyone seems to have family spread around so yall are all sending out the STDs in the next couple months! Lol..I'll just keep trying to decide what we are going to do.
  • Yay for the same wedding date! Great choice!! I wasn't sure if we should send our STD out in Jan also, just cause it is so close to Christmas! Good luck with wedding planning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards