Not Engaged Yet

Helloooo everyone!8

I already posted in the intro section but i don't know if anyone really reads that and I didn't wanna be a new rando posting like I've been here forever, so I thought I'd introduce myself here!
My BF have been together for 5.5 years, we met and started dating at age 18. I'll be 24 this week and he turns 24 this month. I'm still in undergrad after taking a few years off and I'm studying business administration and entrepreneurship. BF is doing his SECOND undergrad degree in nursing, the first was psychology. I work at Starbucks and live with a roommate and have lots of fur babies. I'm here because I am having multiple confused/annoyed feelings involving other people weighing in on my relationship and my actual relationship timeline, and I will probably want to seek advice/a kick in the head, but that's a post for a different day. Nice to meet you all!

Re: Helloooo everyone!8

• Hello! Tell us what kind of wine you like...
    And how you like your potatoes....
    And who your favorite Harry Potter character is....
    And what part of the country you live in....
    And welcome to the boards!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Andplusalso - pics of your furbabies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Welcome! What's your favorite dessert and favorite Pinterest disaster?
  • Welcome!

How do you top your mashed potatoes?

Favorite NA beverage?

What do your dogs think of snow?

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Favorite dessert: I looove frozen yogurt bars. Pick the flavor, pick the toppings, enjoy! mine always winds up a mishmash of rainbow colors and candy and i always ALWAYS top with marshmallow fluff.
    Favorite pinterest fail: anything having to do with baking, specifically cupcake decorations. I saw one where the pin was sesame street characters and the fail was just a pile of colored icing caving in on itself
    How do I top mashed potatoes: load em up! Gravy, cheese, bacon, sour cream. Thinking about it makes my mouth water.
    Fave NA beverage? COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE. I'm barely tolerable with coffee IN my system, I am insufferable without it. In fact, aside from waking up first thing in the morning, my bf has never seen me without coffee in my system. Ever.
    My dogs' opinion of snow: they would stay outside all day if they could. And I'd let them/forget i let them out, if they could just avoid barking at the neighbors. When inside, they try to convince me to let them out every 5 minutes by pretending they have to go to the bathroom. They LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

• Awww your furbabies are super cute!!!
  • Hi and welcome! Your fur babies are adorable! 

What is one food that you could eat for the rest of your life? 

• I would eat cheeseburgers for the rest of my life! I can't resist them, especially with sautéed mushrooms on top. YUMM!
  • Welcome to NEY! Your furbabies are adorable. 

Does your ginger cat have the ginger-cat-evil-gene?
    How do you feel about guacamole?
    What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?

• Welcome

Love your pups - I have a Loki-dog too :)

What are you hoping to do with your degree?
    Do you have a favorite movie?

Anniversary
  • @untouchablets - I'm from Long Island too! Where do you live? Full address please.

just kidding. But, Nassau or Suffolk? North or South shore?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love the furbaby pictures!!
  • Does your ginger cat have the ginger-cat-evil-gene?
    My cat is more of a needy, velcro, snuggle monster. She isn't allowed to sleep in my room anymore because she insists on face-rubbing my face in the middle of the night, thus interrupting my beauty rest. She's like a golden retriever if a golden retriever was a cat.

LOVE guacamole, but I try to eat around the onions. HATE HATE HATE onions.

Margaritas all day every day!!!

My ultimate goal is to be CEO of a company, whether it be one I start myself (preferably) or one that I am hired into (I joke that I'm taking Howard Shulz's job as Starbucks CEO whenever he's ready to hand over the reins!)

I could watch The Princess Bride and Grease every day of my life, but the Lord of the Rings will forever be The One.

Nassau or Suffolk? North or South shore?
    Nassau, North shore
  • Does your ginger cat have the ginger-cat-evil-gene?
    My cat is more of a needy, velcro, snuggle monster. She isn't allowed to sleep in my room anymore because she insists on face-rubbing my face in the middle of the night, thus interrupting my beauty rest. She's like a golden retriever if a golden retriever was a cat.

LOVE guacamole, but I try to eat around the onions. HATE HATE HATE onions.

Margaritas all day every day!!!

My ultimate goal is to be CEO of a company, whether it be one I start myself (preferably) or one that I am hired into (I joke that I'm taking Howard Shulz's job as Starbucks CEO whenever he's ready to hand over the reins!)

I could watch The Princess Bride and Grease every day of my life, but the Lord of the Rings will forever be The One.

Nassau or Suffolk? North or South shore?
    Nassau, North shore
    I have a Golden Retriever - so I know EXACTLY what this means!! My evil ginger cat did this to me last night, and got himself kicked out of the bedroom. 

Guilty pleasures - books, movies, music?
    Favorite Chris - Pratt, Evans, Hemsworth?
    Favorite & least favorite posters on NEY?

*******************************************************************************************

• Guilty pleasures - books, movies, music?
    Books- any of that YA crap. I cried when I read The Fault in our Stars. I was a Twilight fan (it came out when I was in high school I'M SORRY DON'T JUDGE ME!!)
    Movies- Musicals. I love musicals. If it's a musical, I like it.
    Music- Ok.......... I'm a die hard Taylor Swift fan. Like.... die HARD. You know what, I don't even feel guilty okay I LOVE HER.

Favorite Chris - Pratt, Evans, Hemsworth?
    Pratt...He just looks so cuddly and I love me a goofball

Favorite & least favorite posters on NEY?
    I don't actually think I've been here or participated long enough to make that judgement yet. I guess I'll find out when I actually ask for advice or want to vent about something lol. So far I appreciate everyone's points of view on the threads that I've lurked on and I think all are hilarious. LOVE the use of gifs!
  • @untouchablets - I think we're going to get along JUST fine :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• Welcome!  I'm new as well!

Most annoying habit for both you and SO?

• My annoying/gross habit: I bite my nails on almost a constant basis. It's so bad I don't even notice when I'm doing it. I currently have bandaids on my fingers to try to deter myself from doing it.

His most annoying habit: Grazing. He will sit down and eat dinner, finish his dinner, and then start picking from my plate. Once he finished my sandwich before I was even done with it!! Or when all the leftovers are put away, he starts eating individual grapes out of the fruit bowl or a couple of almonds or whatever. Once we were running late somewhere and we were at his house and he literally had his shoes and coat on, keys in his hand, and he spent 10 minutes pacing from room to room grabbing a couple grapes every time he went to the kitchen FOR NO REASON, while I waited at the door and nagged him about being late. I'm annoyed just thinking about it lol.

• Guilty pleasures - books, movies, music?
    Books- any of that YA crap. I cried when I read The Fault in our Stars. I was a Twilight fan (it came out when I was in high school I'M SORRY DON'T JUDGE ME!!)
    Movies- Musicals. I love musicals. If it's a musical, I like it.
    Music- Ok.......... I'm a die hard Taylor Swift fan. Like.... die HARD. You know what, I don't even feel guilty okay I LOVE HER.

Yay! Okay, musical specific question because I need friends like you in my life. And if I'm nerding out too hard, you can just ignore me, haha.

Favorite musical movie?

Do you have a favorite old musical movie? (Think 50s-60s)

Did you see Into The Woods? If so, what did you think? Not many people on this board liked it, but it's one of my favorite shows so I couldn't help but love it.

Did Rent make you cry?

• Ok last one before I go to work! @AlPacina

Favorite musical movie?

Hairspray (the remake)! I actually met Nicki Blonsky at work once, she lives in the same area as me. I nearly fainted because I was fangirling so hard but she was nice enough to take a picture with me and complimented my tattoos lol. Her mom orders crazy complicated frappuccinos.

Do you have a favorite old musical movie? (Think 50s-60s)

The Sound of Music of course! Did you watch Lady Gaga's performance at the Oscars?! It was INSANELY HEAVENLY!

Did you see Into The Woods? If so, what did you think? Not many
    people on this board liked it, but it's one of my favorite shows so I
    couldn't help but love it.

I didn't, but I really wanted to, it just wasn't playing near me. I'm gonna rent it on Amazon one of these days I think.

Did Rent make you cry?

No, it didn't but it is one of my favorites. I love the cast sooo much. When I saw If/Then on Broadway in the fall I was ecstatic to learn that Anthony Rapp (Mark) was performing with Idina as her best friend/boyfriend thing. A bunch of other members of the original cast was in it as well!

• @untouchablets - Hairspray is my favorite too! My friend died on thanksgiving the year that movie came out, so my mom went and bought it for me and I honestly couldn't even be sad after watching it. I firmly believe it is the happiest movie of all time. Plus, I love dancing along during Run and Tell That. Also, if you're comfortable, I would LOVE to see the picture!!!

Although if you love musicals and didn't cry during the funeral scene/song in Rent, you may not have a soul. We'll have to wait and see. Haha

I did not see Lady Gaga's performance, but I did hear about it. I typically go back and youtube the opening number at some point. I'll make sure and watch her bit as well.

• @alpacina, I don't cry during the funeral scene in Rent, but I cry every.time. when Mimi "dies." My mom walked into the room when I was watching it once tearing through a box of Kleenex and all I could say was "I'll be fine in 5 minutes, go away!"
  • @KeptInStitches - I cry off and on at Mimi's death. There is just something about how insanely soulful that reprise of I'll Cover You is. The chorus and the build up, and everyone crying. I just bawl. I've never not cried at that scene. Then I went and saw Rent live, and got one of those seats up on the actual stage that some theaters do, and was super embarassed to be bawling at the show too because the whole audience could see me, haha!

• AlPacina said:

@KeptInStitches - I cry off and on at Mimi's death. There is just something about how insanely soulful that reprise of I'll Cover You is. The chorus and the build up, and everyone crying. I just bawl. I've never not cried at that scene. Then I went and saw Rent live, and got one of those seats up on the actual stage that some theaters do, and was super embarassed to be bawling at the show too because the whole audience could see me, haha!

This, all of this. This is me. I also saw Rent live (didn't get a seat on stage) but pretty close to the stage and I'm sure I was contorting my face into all types of ugly to hold back the tears when Angel died.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards