Chit Chat

Women Tell All! (Yes, the Bachelor)

2»

Re: Women Tell All! (Yes, the Bachelor)

• I feel like it takes a certain person to get through this show unscathed. I think that completely normal people snap at a certain point. Who wouldn't? You are trying to form a relationship with someone who has 20 something people vying after them...I wouldn't be able to do it without manifesting some kind of insecurity/crazy outburst. 

I also noticed that there are a few categories previous contestants fall into each season. You've got the tattle tale/instagator (she's nice to everyone but uses their info to stab them in the back, and rallies everyone in the house to gang up on one member), the girl with the target on her back (she's accused of being "fake" and other girls gang up on her), the drama llama (cries at almost everything), the obsessive one (the one who created a fantasy and goes overboard), the tipsy one (she's falling down almost every time), the popular girl (friends with everyone, and doesn't rub people the wrong way), and your obvious front runner. 

I think Carly's BSC got the best of her. She is the typical contestant. She was really likable at first, then she turns into the tattletale, who thinks that she's gaining a leg up by talking shit about the other members of the house. I think I stopped liking Carly when she became obsessive over Britt. Her lowest move? When she created a hand puppet out of make up to mock Britt. Then she became even more crazy when she said "I want to see her squirm, the pretty girl is finally down here with the rest of us." Sure, this could be taken out of context, but the way she looked at the camera while saying it? It was just eerie, and it made me uncomfortable. 

As for Kelsey: I have panic attacks occasionally.  Like novella,  I've ended panic attacks with fits of giggles. Despite this, I do think Kelsey was faking. The fact of the matter is that the whole thing seemed so overly dramatic. She's breathing heavily (which is normal), but her gasps for air sounded overly dramatic. I was glad that she apologized to the ladies, but I still find her to be an odd bird. I am bothered by the fact that she didn't tell Chris about her dead husband earlier on in the season, but did so directly before a rose ceremony. Then to say afterwards, "my love story is great" is just straight up creepy. She tried to defend that notion last night, and  even when taken into context you don't use a person's death to elevate your standing. To play devil's advocate, I do think that this show brought out her inner BSC. She just said a lot of things and it offended plenty of ladies in the house.  

I just want to see if Chris proposes, and who he will choose. 

• I feel like it takes a certain person to get through this show unscathed. I think that completely normal people snap at a certain point. Who wouldn't? You are trying to form a relationship with someone who has 20 something people vying after them...I wouldn't be able to do it without manifesting some kind of insecurity/crazy outburst. 

I also noticed that there are a few categories previous contestants fall into each season. You've got the tattle tale/instagator (she's nice to everyone but uses their info to stab them in the back, and rallies everyone in the house to gang up on one member), the girl with the target on her back (she's accused of being "fake" and other girls gang up on her), the drama llama (cries at almost everything), the obsessive one (the one who created a fantasy and goes overboard), the tipsy one (she's falling down almost every time), the popular girl (friends with everyone, and doesn't rub people the wrong way), and your obvious front runner. 

I think Carly's BSC got the best of her. She is the typical contestant. She was really likable at first, then she turns into the tattletale, who thinks that she's gaining a leg up by talking shit about the other members of the house. I think I stopped liking Carly when she became obsessive over Britt. Her lowest move? When she created a hand puppet out of make up to mock Britt. Then she became even more crazy when she said "I want to see her squirm, the pretty girl is finally down here with the rest of us." Sure, this could be taken out of context, but the way she looked at the camera while saying it? It was just eerie, and it made me uncomfortable. 

As for Kelsey: I have panic attacks occasionally.  Like novella,  I've ended panic attacks with fits of giggles. Despite this, I do think Kelsey was faking. The fact of the matter is that the whole thing seemed so overly dramatic. She's breathing heavily (which is normal), but her gasps for air sounded overly dramatic. I was glad that she apologized to the ladies, but I still find her to be an odd bird. I am bothered by the fact that she didn't tell Chris about her dead husband earlier on in the season, but did so directly before a rose ceremony. Then to say afterwards, "my love story is great" is just straight up creepy. She tried to defend that notion last night, and  even when taken into context you don't use a person's death to elevate your standing. To play devil's advocate, I do think that this show brought out her inner BSC. She just said a lot of things and it offended plenty of ladies in the house.  

I just want to see if Chris proposes, and who he will choose. 

I told FI the same thing. We've all got a little crazy in us. Some of us, like myself, KNOW and acknowledge that little bit of crazy, and realize that crazy would escape if I were pitted against 25 other women trying to win over ONE guy. I think even the women with the best intentions are going to, like you said, snap at some point. 

I'm kind of expecting Chris to not pick anyone. I think he's a decent guy who legitimately has feelings for multiple people, and I can see him deciding not to pick anyone because he doesn't know who he wants. I also think if he does pick someone, they won't last for this very reason. Jade even called him out last night for saying he might have made a mistake by sending her home. Isn't she going to be an insecurity for whomever he does pick? I could easily see myself saying, "He admitted that might have been a mistake, what if he isn't sure about me either?"

One other thing I'd like to mention is that it really bugs me how in all of these types of shows, the contestants are DEVASTATED to be sent home. You can't tell me that out of 30 women, not one of them was like, "Eh. I wasn't really feeling him either." But nope, they're crying and boohooing and talking about another missed chance at true love. Give me a break, producers. 
    Anniversary

I told FI the same thing. We've all got a little crazy in us. Some of us, like myself, KNOW and acknowledge that little bit of crazy, and realize that crazy would escape if I were pitted against 25 other women trying to win over ONE guy. I think even the women with the best intentions are going to, like you said, snap at some point. 

I'm kind of expecting Chris to not pick anyone. I think he's a decent guy who legitimately has feelings for multiple people, and I can see him deciding not to pick anyone because he doesn't know who he wants. I also think if he does pick someone, they won't last for this very reason. Jade even called him out last night for saying he might have made a mistake by sending her home. Isn't she going to be an insecurity for whomever he does pick? I could easily see myself saying, "He admitted that might have been a mistake, what if he isn't sure about me either?"

One other thing I'd like to mention is that it really bugs me how in all of these types of shows, the contestants are DEVASTATED to be sent home. You can't tell me that out of 30 women, not one of them was like, "Eh. I wasn't really feeling him either." But nope, they're crying and boohooing and talking about another missed chance at true love. Give me a break, producers. 

First bolded; he also made a comment that when he was trying to choose who would stay it was just a "shot in the dark" because he couldn't decide or didn't know what was right. If I was currently his fiance, that would make me feel like shit. "So you didn't know I was the one? You were just taking a shot in the dark? Any of those other girls could just as well be in my place?" I mean, ouch. I wouldn't feel very comfortable being with someone-- and committing the rest of my life to that guy-- if he wasn't 100% certain that the right person was just me and no one else. 

And second bolded, I totally feel that way too! Even the girls who are sent home on the very first night cry and say stuff like, "but he was supposed to be my husband!" um.... what? You literally JUST met him. I feel like for some of them, they get wrapped up in the competition and they just want to win and be better than the other girls, so the connection with the guy isn't even real. I kind of felt that way about Britt-- she just wanted to be #1 and win the guy, but it wouldn't actually last IRL. Some of them might just be delusional, though, falling apart cuz a guy they hung out with once or twice sent them home. And they always act so shocked. Really? There are 25 of you! Did you REALLY not see the possibility of going home?! 

There have been a few occasions in the past where girls decide to go home because they don't feel a connection with the bachelor but that is a very rare occurrence. 

Regarding the bolded, I always pay attention to their limo ride interview-are they crying about something more general, like "rejection." "I deserve to be loved" "I just want someone to love me"? Or are they specifically saying "I was falling in love with Chris, I could imagine a life with Chris" etc. 

Often times they are talking very generally and crying about the fact that it hurts to be rejected and that they want to find someone and fall in love and be happy. So the producers push their buttons and get them crying about the fact that they are alone, vs being devastated that they aren't going to be with Chris specifically. It creates the illusion that they are broken-hearted over Chris when really they've just been driven around for 45 minutes in a car with a producer reminding them over and over again that they are a loser and now they are going home alone. 
  • daria24 said:

I feel like it takes a certain person to get through this show unscathed. I think that completely normal people snap at a certain point. Who wouldn't? You are trying to form a relationship with someone who has 20 something people vying after them...I wouldn't be able to do it without manifesting some kind of insecurity/crazy outburst. 

Regarding the bolded, I always pay attention to their limo ride interview-are they crying about something more general, like "rejection." "I deserve to be loved" "I just want someone to love me"? Or are they specifically saying "I was falling in love with Chris, I could imagine a life with Chris" etc. 

Often times they are talking very generally and crying about the fact that it hurts to be rejected and that they want to find someone and fall in love and be happy. So the producers push their buttons and get them crying about the fact that they are alone, vs being devastated that they aren't going to be with Chris specifically. It creates the illusion that they are broken-hearted over Chris when really they've just been driven around for 45 minutes in a car with a producer reminding them over and over again that they are a loser and now they are going home alone. 

I agree with both and I've also read a couple of articles of people who have gone through the audition process.  Part of the sobbing might be "wasted effort".  The audition process is supposedly grueling and loooong.  And if you don't make it far enough no one knows who you are so your actress chances are low which seems to be the only reason they're there to begin with.

OOO last night was so freaking amazing.  

I was so glad when Britt went nuts.  She wasn't my favorite and she was in a really good position to be the next Bachelorette before that.  I heard rumors about Kaitlyn being the next Bachelorette too.

I'm pretty sure they'll announce it next week at the AFTR. 

SPOILER (maybe):
    There are leaked photos from a photo shoot with Kaitlyn online somewhere.  And they look very Bachelorette-y.  Like her with roses and rose petals..... :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards