September 2015 Weddings

Flowers

What's everybody doing for bouquets and/or centerpieces? I originally wanted to shy away from the traditional fall colour palette but I'm noticing that a lot of the inspiration pics I've collected showcase a lot of reds and plums and oranges and now I'm torn. I want to look into florists by the end of this month so I'll actually be able to see what we decide on in person, but I need to figure out what we're looking for first. FI really doesn't care so he's not much help in narrowing it down. Please! Send me your inspiration! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2014
    My florist is using a combo of ivories, greens, and reds/burgundy for my flowers throughout the event.  My bouquet is ivory and green and will look exactly like this:

My centerpieces will be done in combos of ivory, white, green, buttercup, and burgundy. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• That's beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im using fake flowers because my FMIL is allergic to scents and I want to do as much as i can to prevent her from being miserable.

I bought all my flowers from michaels when they were 40-60% off in august.

Below is my bridal bouquet inspiration picture. Im planning on doing the ladies bouquets similar but without the teal flowers as they will be wearing teal dresses. Its my winter hibernation project:)
  • My flowers will be pretty much all green and ivory. Mostly green hydrangeas and baby's breath, especially for the center pieces which I plan on making myself. My bouquet will likely have a similar feel to island07b2b but maybe white dahlias instead of roses and some green mums and hydrangeas mixed in.
  • Hydrangeas, lilac roses, white roses and ivy.  I'm going more with summer colors...
  • Hydrangeas sound lovely! They're one of my favourites. 

I've fallen in love with this bouquet and FI likes it too. It has a little bit of everything I just couldn't narrow down, especially the succulents. I think we're going to take this photo to a florist, along with our budget, and see what they can put together for bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @jennyleigh16 - that's a lovely bouquet.  :-)

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• jennyleigh16 ----not sure if you have your answer but I can tell you that when I had my meeting my the florist I showed her a bunch of photos that were in the "fall" color line....but my colors are aqua,coral and brown. She asked me that my favorite color was...I told her pink.

So my bouquet will have shades from corals too hot pinks...and succulents and berries. I wanted this florist so bad and totally trust her to do an amazing job.

My mom and her sisters are doing my centerpieces...coral roses that we are ordering from Global roses.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually have a couple appointments next week! I kept putting it off and finally got around to setting it up. Thanks for the input!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also doing more summer colors and steering away from the traditional fall colors. My flowers will be light pink flowers, baby's breath and bluish hydrangeas. Simple and sweet! :)
  • jennyleigh16 ===the other thing I remembered this morning my florist saying is that you need to order flowers and colors that you love because in 10 years when you look at your photos we love your flowers =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's a great point! I've talked to my mom about her wedding and she made a lot of decisions to please others or because someone was rushing her during the appointment and she regrets nearly every detail! I don't want to look back on my photos with regret!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CourtC77CourtC77 member
    First Answer First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

We just finalized everything with our florist and are doing a pallette of ivory and blush (our wedding colors are ivory, blush and gray).

My bouquet and bridesmaids will be similar to below and wrapped in lace:image

We are doing two different styles of centerpieces:

One is a trio of candles surrounded by a trio of floral arrangements (ivory and blush flowers) in mercury glass containers. (inspiration pic below):

The other one is a single larger floral arrangement (ivory,blush flowers) in a mercury glass container surrounded by mercury glass votices and lace wrapped votices.(inspiration pic below):

We're also doing 8 cocktail hour centerpieces which will look similar to this and the vase will wrapped with lace:

• ddoaneddoane member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Nothing is nailed down yet, I am undecided on lanterns or tall centerpieces.  I may alternate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Booked my florist today!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennyleigh16 ---Congrats! I know that it feels so great to have that done
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing fake phalaenopsis orchid stems in cream and burgundy for the tables and my bouquet, the bridesmaids will cary ivory roses :)

My tables are set up simply with mercury glass votives, a crystal pillar candle holder with an ivory candle, and the hurricane/water/orchid, using a strand of pearls and a fake plastic cameo as scatter pieces....going for a classic twinkle-light vibe.

Flowers were just too expensive to consider as a main decoration for me!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm doing submerged orchids too!  With hydrangea balls on either side in square vases and scattered rose petals and crystals.  Booked on Saturday and have an appt to see a sample on the 22nd, I can't wait!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow I don't even have a florist yet. I do however know the "look" of the flowers and the colors lol

Flower colors are yellows & oranges (to replicate fall aspen leaves since that's part of our theme) and ivory

My bouquet inspiration

MOH bouquet inspiration

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards