Destination Weddings Discussions

Outdoor Wedding - Rocky Mountains?

Hi - Me and my fiance want to get married in the west, in the mountains, or possibly at Lake Tahoe.  We've talked about Jackson Hole, WY, Telluride, CO, Estes Park, CO, or Lake Tahoe.  I haven't been to any of those places (which doesn't matter).  I want beautiful scenery in my photos, i.e. mountains, river, etc.  We live in AZ so we don't see much water around here.  Also, I am aiming for a June wedding but am open to moving that too.  Any suggestions of places and the best time to get married there would be great.  Thank you!

Re: Outdoor Wedding - Rocky Mountains?

• You'll probably get the best info on these destinations on those local boards. I can move your post, but only to one place.

I recommend talking with your VIP guests to see which destination works best with them. Then, it narrows it down some for you.

• Some friends of mine got married at Copper Mountain (in Colorado) 2 years ago in early June.  The ceremony was at the top of the mountain, we all rode the ski lift up to get there.  The reception was in the lodge back down at the base... it had great views too.  It was also a nice location because there was tons of lodging options within walking distance, which is nice for a destination wedding since I'm assuming your guests will be coming from out of town.

I would suggest doing later in June if you do Colorado though... still lots of rain in the earlier part of June.  It rained the morning of my friend's wedding but cleared up about 30 minutes before the ceremony started.
    Married 9.12.15
  • You have lots of options here in CO! My mom remarried in a valley at a stable with wild flowers and rode a horse in. But there are plenty of mountain houses to get married at as well. Keystone Resort have a fondue on the second mountain and a beautiful porch overlooking the mountain range. Vail and Breckenridge also have great options for an outdoor mountain wedding. I was looking into having a mountain wedding before we finally decided on a beach wedding. Estes was where I was really drawn to. Della Terra is a beautiful B&B in Estes and another really popular place is at the Stanley Hotel in Estes. My future MIL is a minister if you ever think that you might be in need of a celebrant in CO. I can give any more advice as I was born and raised in CO. Good luck!
  • Hi - Me and my fiance want to get married in the west, in the mountains, or possibly at Lake Tahoe.  We've talked about Jackson Hole, WY, Telluride, CO, Estes Park, CO, or Lake Tahoe.  I haven't been to any of those places (which doesn't matter).  I want beautiful scenery in my photos, i.e. mountains, river, etc.  We live in AZ so we don't see much water around here.  Also, I am aiming for a June wedding but am open to moving that too.  Any suggestions of places and the best time to get married there would be great.  Thank you!

Hi! My FI and I are getting married at South Lake Tahoe, and we will have both the mountain and river aspects in our wedding. We are having an August wedding which I think ensures warm weather and the least possibility of rain. It is a 'destination' or OOT wedding for us and about 3/4 of guests, local for the the other 1/4.

We are having a ceremony and cocktail hour on one of Heavenly's terraces (so we will be on the mountainside and will provide Gondola tickets to get up there) and then we are having our reception back down in the main part of town at a brewery. The brewery is 1-2 blocks from the base of the Gondola. Feel free to PM me for any questions or recommendations in Tahoe! I've had a lot of fun planning so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards