Wedding Woes

Morning!!!

Yesterday was the most wonderful day.  My mom and I went shopping.  I found a wedding outfit for DefConn and the cutest St. Patty's day shirt.  Von Maur had all their St. Patty's day tchotckes on clearance and DH loves that stuff.  So I bought him a couple things.  Also, Home Goods is dangerous. I'm all sorts of "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!" when I go there. I did buy a set of glasses and I'm going to go back and get a second one.  We can get rid of our old, mismatched glasses and our stupid Coca Cola collectors cups that DH got a frillion years ago. 

I bought a dress, but I'm not loving it.  I think it's going back. I tried a dress on at Von Maur that I really wanted to work and it didn't.  It looked so cute on the mannequin. :(  The dress hunt continues. 

We played outside all night last night.  It was glorious. 

Re: Morning!!!

• Yesterday's weather was so nice we had windows open.  We've had the heat off for a couple days, which made for some cold mornings, but it warmed up soon enough.

Today the ILs are going to pick DD2 up and have her overnight.  I'm trying to figure out something fun to do with DD1 after school.  I think the parks are going to be too mushy still.

I've increased the difficulty level of my workouts and boy can I feel it.
  • tawillers said:

Me too!  The burn finally feels good.  :D  
  • I had all of the windows open last night. The chilly wind this morning was a surprise.

We can't decide on names. I hate trying to name a kid.

1 week until we head to FL! We have plans with my uncle/aunt and grandparents for 2 days. We're doing 1 day at Magic Kingdom, 1 day at Epcot. We've already mapped out the attractions we want to see/do and now I just need to get on the phone and plead my case for an exception to the "sold out" on the fast passes to meet Anna and Elsa. PF's head will explode if she gets to meet them. I need to see that kind of joy on her face.
  • It finally happened:  we've received our first-ever invitation to a CEC birthday party.  But it's at the same time my mother was planning to stop by for lunch, so I think we're going to have to decline.  I feel sort of bad for Wooz about it, but I guess there's a life lesson there.

I have to get up and give a brief spiel at today's town hall meeting, and I'm hoping I won't start coughing in the middle of it. 

In general, I am not too enthusiastic this week and I feel kind of badly about it.  I don't know if it's the time change, this stupid cold, or what.  I'm going to blame the fact that it's dark in the mornings again.
  • tawillers said:

Me too!  The burn finally feels good.  :D  
    I was driving home this morning after the gym, sweating and hurting.  It reminded me of how I felt after my basketball workouts in college, and I actually got excited about it.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    I hate that it's dark again at wake-up.  Yesterday, it was dark until past 8 because of the fog (which DefConn thought was 'smoke'..."MOMMY! Why is it all BURNT out here?!" LOL) 

Also, re: life lessons..The kiddo wants his friend to come this weekend...He asked last weekend.  Yesterday, he asked about going skating tomorrow with his GF and his friends.  I was all, "Uhm, your friend comes over OR you go skating."  He said, "I can't believe you're making me make this choice!!!!ONE!!!" (oh the drama) Also, I never thought I'd want my kid to drive, but I do. I'm tired of my weekends existing to run his ass all over town. AND he wanted ME to ask his friend's mom to drop her kid off at 10pm so he could do both.  Uh, NOPE. 
  • My kid is getting big.  Ugh.  Remember the jeans?  So I was browsing jeans, and it crossed my mind to run some past her, but I decided against it--I wanted to get them ordered, she was home sick, and I figured I knew her style pretty well.  Pink sparkles, aqua sparkles, white with multicolored butterflies, and a pair of regular blue denim (but also with sparkles, because sparkles).

So we're driving home last night when I get a shipment confirmation.  "Hey, your jeans shipped!"  So we were talking, and it turns out she wanted blue, and black.  Like, that's it.  Regular jeans.  Again, this is a kid who hasn't gone to school without at least one article of clothing made of sequins, glitter, and/or tulle since she learned how to shake her head yes or no. 

Also, I realize this makes me old and her young, but there is no way in hell I am buying a kindergartener something described as having "Second skin fit."  Pro tip:  your copy is supposed to make me want to buy what you're selling, not recoil in horror.  Little kid jeans do not need a second skin fit, TYVM. 

And re:  the Kiddo's pants, a hearty NO to these:
    http://www.amazon.com/All-Mankind-Little-Smocked-Chambray/dp/B00S8JUQ6S/ref=sr_1_11?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1426166157&sr=1-11

• Whew.  I'm breathing a great big sigh of relief.  I just got a two month extension on a project at work.  A huge amount of stress has been lifted off of me.

I started the Couch to 5K program last night, to help get me in shape for our Disney trip.  I ended up doing very little jogging/running, but I'm glad I at least attempted it.  Walking for a half hour is good no matter what.  Not to be all excuse-y - - because in all actuality I know that the biggest problem is how out of shape and overweight I am - - but it did not help that my pants kept falling down and my shoes were too loose.  I'm going to buy some new pants today, and make sure my shoes are laced and tied tightly, and give the C25K another try tomorrow night.  I like that it eases you into running.  DH does the program every spring and it really works for him.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    But isn't "second skin fit" like just leggings?  Why not just say that instead of "creepiest pedo description ever"?

*inhale*  Second thoughts....use them.

Not much going on over here.  I've been popping benadryl at night to sleep and it's glorious even if I wake up a little groggy and all "why did I think it was a good idea to work as an adult?".  I have a GTG with friends this weekend, and one of the friends is BFF who just got laid off.  I am hoping she decides to come, because it would be more fun with her there. 

I think H is actually going to miss me this weekend.  I am shocked, he's usually all "okay, SEE YOU LATER!" and now he had a little pouty moment.  It was nice.
  • AF, I actually like the Galloway method better than C2-5K.  I never got shin splints on it and suddenly was like, Oh...I'm running a 5K in under 30", okay.  http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/fitness/in-depth/5k-run/art-20050962?pg=2

Today is Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday and a fun weekend ahead!  Also, I played some power politics last week.  I did achieve my goal, but it ended up having further consequences that I am ecstatic about, in all honesty.  Varuna = Underwood lite.

• Varuna Underwood has a nice ring to it.  ;)
  • PMeg819 said:

Those pants Heffa linked- I'd buy those for DD.

I feel like they're trendy, but the part of me that experienced them the first time around is all "Nope, we've moved on."  I need to find acceptance in my heart.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    those are beiber pants, yo.

pmeg, i hope the stylist at nordstrom hooks you up with a pair as punishment for saying they are acceptable.
  • hmonkey said:

pmeg, i hope the stylist at nordstrom hooks you up with a pair as punishment for saying they are acceptable.
    I bet you she gives me a romper.
  • PMeg819 said:

hmonkey said:

I saw SO MANY jumpsuits on clearance yesterday.  Why does anyone want to wear an outfit that requires you to completely strip down in order to pee?  WHY? 
  • PMeg819 said:

hmonkey said:

I saw SO MANY jumpsuits on clearance yesterday.  Why does anyone want to wear an outfit that requires you to completely strip down in order to pee?  WHY? 
    I pointed this out to my sister. When we were in Vegas she wore a romper for our night out and I was like, that is going to be a pain in the ass when you are drunk. And it was. She was in the bathroom forever each time she had to go.
  • We are in the throes of spring break and people still can't believe there's nothing available for next week...even just 'a couple days.' 

Every year, every.damn.year...it's annoying the shit out of me today. 

• PMeg819 said:

PMeg819 said:

I pointed this out to my sister. When we were in Vegas she wore a romper for our night out and I was like, that is going to be a pain in the ass when you are drunk. And it was. She was in the bathroom forever each time she had to go.

next time -- 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards