Attire & Accessories Forum

what color should the veil be?

JaniV123JaniV123 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2015 in Attire & Accessories Forum
I am wearing an ivory wedding gown. clicky

What color should my veil be? I am between ivory and light ivory. and my flowers will be ivory calla lillies

Also any advice on length? I think 10ft will be long enough have a nice contrast effect with the dress

Re: what color should the veil be?

• Since the veil is only one tier, the difference between ivory and light ivory will barely be noticeable, if noticeable at all, so I really don't think you could go wrong with either color.  The only time that the color of a veil is really noticeable is where there are multiple tiers so that the color becomes more concentrated because the fabric becomes less and less sheer.

As for the length, that is really up to you.  Cathedral length is already pretty long but if you want something really dramatic then 10 ft would accomplish that.

• Ditto Maggie about the color. It's not very noticeable so even if it isn't the exact perfect shade, no big deal. 

10ft sounds extremely long to me, but if that's the look you want, then go for it! Totally your choice. I think veil length is another thing you can't really go wrong with. 
  • Thanks to both! and I didn't know the tiers made a difference in the color! :) it's good to know

• I think you should go with on the less expensive option for the veil. But I do think you can't go wrong with the color. Also 10 ft would be dramatic! The only thing I would be worried about if its too windy, but I like to worry about a lot of things. I think the dress and the veil you linked us will go great together.
  • @buttercup1958 thank you!! yeah I want a dramatic effect with the veil! ^.^ 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards