Pre-wedding Parties

What gifts to give at a Bachelorette?

My friend is not one who would want lingerie or dirty toys..what would be a good gift for a bachelorette party? I want to spend about $30 maybe.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What gifts to give at a Bachelorette?

• I don't really see bachelor/ette parties as gift giving occasions, so I think a bottle of wine or something like that should be fine.

Formerly martha1818

• Why are you giving gifts at a bachelorette party?  That seems really strange to me.  If you must, I agree that a bottle of wine, or maybe a gift card for something like a nail salon, or starbucks.  
  • Every bachelorette party I've gone to, people have given gifts, maybe it's just something common in my circle of friends? The last one I went to, we got the bride some lingerie but that wouldn't work this time around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've given the following non-dirty gifts at bach parties:

- scented candles/bath salts
    - a Vera tote bag
    - silky PJs
    - a gift card to Victoria's Secret
    - a gift card to her favorite restaurant
    - a gift card to Sephora

Other ideas:
    - a mani/pedi gift card
    - alcohol 
    - a book 
    - a gift card to a blow dry bar so she can get her hair done
    *********************************************************************************

• I've never seen gifts given at a bach party. So, what does the bride like? Does she like coffee? Then maybe a GC to Starbucks. Does she like candles? Or lotions? 
  • I talked to 2 of my other friends going and I think we are going to do a VS gift card, some champagne, a candle, some Lush products, etc. Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    In my circle we always give gifts at bachelorette parties. I agree with the VS gift card. That way she can sexy it up or get cotton panties and lotion if she chooses.
  • I have never given a gift at a bach party.  They are just not gift giving occasions in my circle.

• I have never given a gift at a bach party.  They are just not gift giving occasions in my circle.

Right, if I'm going to buy anything at a bachelorette party, it's a drink for the bride or a round of drinks for the girls, or shots for everyone, or a 'bucket of margarita' with six straws.
  • Bachelorettes are gift giving occasions in my circle. Generally, lingerie is given or other things of that nature. My cousin gave me edible body paint and candy underwear. Nothing to crazy (no vibrators, dildos, whips, etc. although my cousin did give me a vibrating cock ring, and that wasn't even at my bachelorette, it was at my bridal shower!)

• hicoco said:

Every bachelorette party I've gone to, people have given gifts, maybe it's just something common in my circle of friends? The last one I went to, we got the bride some lingerie but that wouldn't work this time around.

I have never heard of giving gifts at a bachelorette. I think it is unnecessary considering the bride gets a shitload of gifts at the shower anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, it seems like it varies by circles.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

Every bachelorette party I've gone to, people have given gifts, maybe it's just something common in my circle of friends? The last one I went to, we got the bride some lingerie but that wouldn't work this time around.

I have never heard of giving gifts at a bachelorette. I think it is unnecessary considering the bride gets a shitload of gifts at the shower anyway.
    At one bachelorette party I went to, it was just five of us girls at the bride's house.  We bought her naughty gifts like edible panties.  At another bachelorette party, it was an evening out at a restaurant and dueling piano bar.  No gifts were given, we just bought drinks and tipped the piano players to play songs she'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards