Wedding Invitations & Paper

Did you "tag" your RSVP cards?

I've heard/seen things where people mark or tag the RSVP cards just in case the recipient doesn't write their name on the card before mailing it back. Some of the less pretty ways to do this is to straight up write #47 or whatever on the card or envelope (I'd rather not do it this way).

Is there a good way to discreetly do this? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Did you "tag" your RSVP cards?

• Well you could use letters.  But really numbers would just be easier since you can make a spreadsheet up in excel and then add the corresponding number to the back of the RSVP card. Some people do go as far as using an invisible ink pen so that the number can't be seen accept with a black light.  But how often do you really look at the back of a RSVP card?  It isn't like you are writing this number in huge bold font on the back, just a tiny something in one of the corners.

• edited March 2015
    I only sent out like 20 invitations, so I wrote the guests' return addresses on the RSVP envelopes. But this would be a pain in the ass if it's a big wedding.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I was able to print directly onto my RSVP envelopes thanks to the templates that came with the kit that I bought, so when I printed my address on the envelope, I was able to type the guests address into the envelope. So when I was done, the to & from addresses & the stamp were on the envelope were all on there so all the guest had to do was fill out the card. I'm glad I did that because I did have one guest forget to put their name on the card and I had two guests with the same first & last names.
  • dresdendolldresdendoll member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    There are pens that use ink that is only visible under UV light. That's what we're planning on using.

Maggie0829 suggested the same thing.
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I just wrote a tiny number on the back corner in pencil (corresponding to their name on my spreadsheet). 
  • Thanks! I guess putting a number on the back of the card would work best.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We put a small number on the back of the RSVP. We just used the spreadsheet that we made with addresses. Then when they respond, we can easily check them off with the number of guests. I know I wouldn't notice a number on the back, so I figured they wouldn't either. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance's family is fairly large and there's a whole swath of them with the same last name. One person forgetting to write their full name could get very confusing. I put tiny initials in the back corners of some of the RSVP cards to differentiate them. It's not every card and who judges the back of an RSVP card anyway?
    Just Married!

• I just put a small number in the bottom left corner on the backside of my RSVP postcards. I don't think many people will even notice it's there, and it will save me the headache of trying to figure out who RSVP'ed if the card comes back without a name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wrote the number on the bottom right hand corner of the response card. No one will think to look at the back of the card and even if they do, who cares? The numbering actually came in handy because one of my fiance's friends RSVPd and I couldn't, for the life of me, read his handwriting. 
  • jv523 said:

I just wrote a tiny number on the back corner in pencil (corresponding to their name on my spreadsheet). 

That's exactly what we did.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards