Louisiana-Baton Rouge

need a non-expensive photographer!

Can anyone help me out finding a qualified, professional wedding photographer for the lowest price in Baton Rouge??  Everyone seems so expensive!  TIA :)

Re: need a non-expensive photographer!

• edited December 2011
    What do you consider "expensive?" My photographer is $1800 for engagement photos, bridal photos, the wedding, several prints, and an album.
    Anniversary
  • maxgyrl00maxgyrl00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_need-non-expensive-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:39985117-bf73-4664-978e-ebf2fbc6e964Post:12eaa5e2-9ada-4955-a809-15596c8928fc">Re: need a non-expensive photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just be careful of what you decide because that's what you'll have to look back on in 20 years.
    Posted by tinansndwes@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

This is very true! Photography is not somewhere I would cut the budget. A marriage and pictures are what you have left after your flowers die and your dress is packed away.
    Anniversary
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Photographer is Jodi Herring. www.glimpsesbyjodi.com

She's super sweet and I love her work. She has her package information on her webisite. I copied and pasted her prices.

WEDDING ONLY: $1000 includes photos of the wedding day: getting ready, ceremony, reception and the copyright to ALL photos taken.  (An estimated 300 photos) You will receive your photos on cd(s).

For an additional $200 you can also have all proofs printed (you’ll still have the cds) plus you will receive (2) 5x7 prints, (2) 8x10 prints, and (1) 11x14 print in the poses of your choice.

ENGAGEMENT, PRE-BRIDAL, WEDDING: $1600 Includes Engagement portraits, Pre-bridal portraits, and Wedding portraits (including getting ready and reception).  You will receive your photos on cd(s).  (An estimated 600 photos total).

For an additional $400 you can also have all proofs (engagement, pre-bridal, and wedding) printed (you’ll still have the cd rights) plus you will receive (2) 5x7 prints, (2) 8x10 prints, and (1) 11x14 print in the poses of your choice.

DELUXE PACKAGE:  $2500 includes Engagement portraits, Pre-bridal portraits, and Wedding portraits and the copyright to ALL photos taken.  (An estimated 600 photos total). You will receive cd’s of all your photos plus (2) 5x7 prints, (2) 8x10 prints, and (1) 11x14 print in the poses of your choice.  You will also receive (2) customized hardcover 50-page display coffeetable books of all your favorite photos AND a 16x20 canvas print of your favorite photo. 
  • ikbarlow2011ikbarlow2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jcphotovideo.net all day coverage picture and video (2 cameras) plus extra stuff $1700
  • adsbourqueadsbourque member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds weird, but try Craigslist.  I found a few there that would work, and actually booked a photographer located in New Orleans thru Craigslist.  Some run specials specifically thru Craigslist.  I booked Simone Epiphany Photography.  Check under the "Event" and Creative" tabs on Craigslist - Baton Rouge. 
  • hwilli8hwilli8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Photography Shoppe.  Our package is $1795, but there are other packages for $1395 or 1095.  One of my bridesmaids used them for her wedding and the pics were amazing!  Our engagements are in a few weeks, so we'll see how they turn out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    John Ballance is great! He has been a photographer for 30 years, and he does weddings as a "second" job b/c his primary job is photo editor for the Advocate. His most expensive "package" is $1300, and that includes everything!
  • maxgyrl00maxgyrl00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't see anything wrong with the website of the cheap photographer, I would have considered it for myself if the pricing was still good because I have a very limited budget.  I guess maybe I'm different but photography is not at the top of my list, the event and the meaning behind it is. Everyone priorities are different and we should all respect that in each other and we should all realize that everyones wedding budgets are different, mine is drastically different. I could not afford to spend over $300 on photos so thats why I  posted it in case anyone else was in the same boat as me.  Consider yourself blessed if you can opt to spend over $1000 on photos because I do not have nor need that luxury to be happy with my photo outcome.  To each his own!

• edited December 2011
    I don't think anyone was judging you, max. No need to get defensive. You even said you didn't know anything about the company, so obviously if someone else finds something fishy it's not on you.
    Anniversary
  • agroves716agroves716 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married July 10 and my photographer is very reasonable.  Her name is Crystal Abadie.  She's under $1000!!!! She also gives you the copyright to all of the pictures. 
  • edited December 2011
    You mentioned your photographer charges $1800 who are you using? thanks!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I used Debbie WIlliams Photography: http://www.debbiewilliamsphotography.com/
    Anniversary
  • jallem3jallem3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    photography shoppe on highland

photographyshoppe.net
  • edited December 2011
    get what ya pay for...

try andriafontenot and see what she can work out with ya.

andriafontenot.com
  • KaylaO2010KaylaO2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steven Piper with Point of View Photography!  He is so creative and very willing to work with you.  Very reasonably priced, as well.  Check out his website and give him a call!
    www.pointofviewphoto.net">www.pointofviewphoto.net
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married for the second time, so my fiance and I are trying to keep things low key and inexpensive. We're using Dark Roux Photography. They have wonderful style, and are very easy to work with. They have packages starting at only $600. Look at their website www.darkroux.com, and see what you think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards