Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Hair & Makeup Recommendations?

I'm getting married in Minneapolis in August. Any recommendations for hair and makeup artists? My budget for both hair and makeup is $175, but I could probably stretch it up to $250 or so if I had to. My bridesmaids' budget for hair is $50. I'm having a LOT of trouble finding someone reputable within those price ranges. I'd prefer someone to come to us, but if need be we'd be willing to travel up to 15 mins outside the cities. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair & Makeup Recommendations?

• Start with your own hairstylist!  You already know them and are comfortable with their work, but more importantly they know you and your style preferences.

Rocco Altobelli has a school in St. Paul at Snelling & Randolph so not that far from Minneapolis proper.  That might be a GREAT place to check.  My stylist is one of their instructors and while I'd pay her price whatever she's charging they're pretty thorough before someone ever touches a live person. 

• My stylist is at Allen Ray Salon in Minneapolis. It's in the skyway and it's a nice place. They're offering me $40 makeup and $65 hair (unfortunately outside your budget but closeish). I mostly go there because I love my stylist (I followed her) but the place is fun and the other stylists seem capable.

I don't know about travel because I'd rather go to them. But I'd think they would be okay with it since they're not having operating hours on weekends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards