Attire & Accessories Forum

Cocktail attire at a Sunday brunch wedding?

I just received a wedding invitation for a Sunday noon wedding. Ok, cool, I love brunch weddings. But the invitation includes an attire section that specifically states the dress is cocktail attire, meaning a nice suit with jacket for men, and cocktail dress or skirt and blouse for women. Um. It's Sunday afternoon, and I'll be driving the couple hour drive home that night. Not sure how I'm going to dress for this. Suggestions?
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"

Re: Cocktail attire at a Sunday brunch wedding?

• Ehh. I think a chiffon maxi dress with a cardigan would be nice. I definitely wouldn't be wearing a cocktail dress, either. It's tacky to write that on the invite anyway.
  • Uh. Thats rude to state non-venue required dress attire on an invite.

Maxi dress with a nice cardigan will be fine. 

Anniversary
  • I'd just wear a pretty day dress like if wear to Easter brunch. Cocktail dressss are evening attire- don't care what the invite says I don't wear them in the daytime.
  • I was just annoyed when I got the invitation, but I suppose chiffon is probably the more practical of the options. They are encouraging everyone to spend the night after the wedding, but if it's Sunday afternoon, I'm going to stay the night before anddrive home so I don't miss work.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I would just wear whatever you want. It's pretty obvious their attire suggestions aren't dictated by the venue, so whatever.

I'd probably wear a flowy, spring dress and DH would probably wear khakis with a sport coat with tie.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'd wear something bright, kind of like this:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards