Attire & Accessories Forum

Help finding this dress?

So I am in love with this dress by Adrian Gan ( https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/58/b9/7b58b9cac4e0e111ac0cdf567fb1eec0.jpg ) but I would have no clue where to start looking to find something similar to it?
Has anyone seen something similar? Where?
It is soooooo beautiful!!!!! <3
Thanks!

Re: Help finding this dress?

• edited March 2015
    hmm this is a tough one. i did a few searches and couldn't find it. maybe those flowers were added?

You can try sending the photo to large bridal stores that see a lot of gowns, like kleinfelds, Vows (bridalpower.com - the "i found the gown" show), rkbridal.com for example. I did that once or twice early on in my search asking if they had a specific gown and who it was by. They're usually pretty good at identifying the designer and style number!

EDIT: i misread - you know the designer! but you can still try asking local places if they have something similar. Any dress shop i've reached out to via email has responded!
  • In case others come here after me and try looking for similar dresses for you, this link might help as it has other pictures of the dress: http://www.axioo.com/blog/2008/12/30/jeyson-lauries-reception

I second the PP, that maybe you can get a similar dress in terms of the lace and cut and have a seamstress add on the flowers in the back.
  • @doeydo I know this is totally off subject, but holy shit- 4,000 guests??!?!?!?! How is that possible?! That cake is the size of a house!

• Thank you ladies! I am going to do that! I want a dress similar and I am in the very early stages of looking :)
  • Thank you ladies! I am going to do that! I want a dress similar and I am in the very early stages of looking :)

I am providing you this advice from someone who fell in love with a type of dress through pictures.  Keep an open mind when you are shopping.  Yes, the dress in that picture is beautiful, but there are thousands of beautiful dresses out there.  And many times the one you love in pictures is the one you absolutely detest in person.  So yes, look for a similar dress, but also don't be afraid to try on things that are the complete opposite because you never know what will end up being THE dress for you.

** I loved slim shaped lace dresses with straps and low backs.  I ended up with a one shouldered satin modified a-line dress with crushed organza flowered train and no lace in site.

• Haha, that's very good advice, thank you! I have heard someone with a similar story so I will definitely  be open minded...my mom and I are going tomorrow to check some out for the first time! Super excited! :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards